Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tarp covering the back of the car makes me think that she somehow got to the back in an attempt to escape. Since the front of the car would be heavier due to the engine it would sink first, then flip as it filled with water.

Going to try to clear some things up based on my history of watching AWP recoveries:

awp generally covers the cars with tarps after they're removed when there are remains inside. Usually because family is on site, or media.
This time they tried their best to cover it as it was surfacing- hence why they started with the back of the car as that emerged first, and then they covered the front also.
If she didn't have a seatbelt on - either because she didn't put it on, or removed it when her car was underwater - then she could have ended up in the backseat or lain across the front seat. Especially since her car flipped upside down and then was turned upright again during the recovery.
The front end damage could be from the vehicle hitting the bottom front first, then flipping on its roof.
Airbags - would they deploy if the impact was underwater and a slow (ish) descent to the bottom? Would the water screw up this mechanism? Would the impact in water be enough to trigger the airbags?
Windows - I've seen that some electric windows don't work after hitting water. They could have been down already, especially if she might have been feeling the effects of substances and that cold breeze could help sober up. IMO. I've done this (as a passenger!). Or the window broke out ?
Inebriation - there seems to be some speculation about even if someone is drunk they won't drive into water. It happens all the time though. It was dark - the moon set around 1230am that night. There's probably no lights, and I've seen on this board that her specific model of car has been known to have pretty dull headlights.
Also *IF* she was drinking up until leaving the party, or *IF* she took substances such as edibles, these can kick in later and you go from being relatively "fine" to completely blitzed

All JMO.
AWP did not recover the car, it was the placer sherif and FBI. AWP left the scene before the car was pulled out.

<modsnkip: Quoted post was removed>
I don’t know how easy it would be to even open the back of the car from the inside—I think if she were awake, she would have been panicking and not behaving/acting calmly or rationally.

There’s also the possibility she was asleep/passed out and the car rolled, and she was unaware and simply shifted position in the car when it was righted and pulled out.

Very, very sad situation, whatever the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWP did not recover the car, it was the placer sherif and FBI. AWP left the scene before the car was pulled out.
Thank you for the clarification. I thought they were still on site. Eta: they stated on FB they were still on scene as of 7pm because the recovery was taking place. It sounds like they may have been kind of on standby.
I've also seen AWP guide LE on how to best recover the vehicles when LE decides to do the recovery themselves.
I'm sure their tarp policy is similar - hide these views from media and onlookers.

Imo

Agreed...OP asked why LE didn't find it originally. LE already stated they couldn't see a anything in the water. Much was hand touching it was so murky. Visibility is next to none and AWP showed up, brought their expertise and were able to assist. I applaud them. This isn't usually their type of gig being a fresh case and all.
I think AWP is evolving and adapting! The more well known they become, the more in demand they are for more current cases.

They were on the way to try and locate Kyle Moorman and his 3 children when he floated to the surface and was found by fault, leading LE to do a better search and find the vehicle and children inside.

AWP are amazing!

Going to try to clear some things up based on my history of watching AWP recoveries:

awp generally covers the cars with tarps after they're removed when there are remains inside. Usually because family is on site, or media.
This time they tried their best to cover it as it was surfacing- hence why they started with the back of the car as that emerged first, and then they covered the front also.
If she didn't have a seatbelt on - either because she didn't put it on, or removed it when her car was underwater - then she could have ended up in the backseat or lain across the front seat. Especially since her car flipped upside down and then was turned upright again during the recovery.
The front end damage could be from the vehicle hitting the bottom front first, then flipping on its roof.
Airbags - would they deploy if the impact was underwater and a slow (ish) descent to the bottom? Would the water screw up this mechanism? Would the impact in water be enough to trigger the airbags?
Windows - I've seen that some electric windows don't work after hitting water. They could have been down already, especially if she might have been feeling the effects of substances and that cold breeze could help sober up. IMO. I've done this (as a passenger!). Or the window broke out ?
Inebriation - there seems to be some speculation about even if someone is drunk they won't drive into water. It happens all the time though. It was dark - the moon set around 1230am that night. There's probably no lights, and I've seen on this board that her specific model of car has been known to have pretty dull headlights.
Also *IF* she was drinking up until leaving the party, or *IF* she took substances such as edibles, these can kick in later and you go from being relatively "fine" to completely blitzed

All JMO.

Eta: there are times AWP has recovered vehicles where the driver is in the back seat, no foul play
Do you have a clear image of front end damage? I'm having trouble zooming in on some of these images not sure if there's a trick

She’s been in the water a long time. Even if she was strapped into a seat belt, her remains may not still be intact enough to stay in the seatbelt restraints, especially while jostled and moved as the car was set upright and pulled out of the water. Sorry to be so graphic.

See now, my first thought was that AWP manually somehow put the windows down before pulling out because of all the pressure and force it will take on them as the vehicle is pulled out and full of water. Then again, it seems that could potentially alter the everything inside, possibly even floating outside so idk about that now. But my initial thought was that all car windows were put down before towing out like this..does anyone watch AWP to know or understand their take or common practices on this?

The drone footage where people see a car. I definitely see something, took a while and sometimes even now knowing what and where to look I miss it..try staying focused on the clouds reflection because they “move” with the drone, this helped me because I then saw it in the water because it was an object in my view that was not moving with the clouds..

Also, haven’t seen anyone mention…the water “ripples”. There looks to be at least a couple if not more in that exact area where I (and others)see the object, which seems odd that I literally don’t see any disturbance on the water like this anywhere but here. I don’t see anything jumping like a fish or frog even, not to say I definitely could see that or even a bug. Idk there’s at least one that happens right before it passes over the object and it’s the same view line - and before I saw the object I thought it looked like air bubbles. Even two weeks later I’d not be shocked if a car in water produced tiny air bubbles, things shift, get corroded or otherwise, creating a different “space”…

Since some people are skeptical of what I saw, here are two screen grabs I pulled from a video I took, showing that The windows were down and Kiely was not in the front or back seats.

The roads to the direct area were blocked but there were lots of bystanders not too far.

To the person said that the body may have been recovered first it is unlikely. We were there 20 mins after AWP announced and as we left the FBI was suiting up in full white protective garb like coroners wear.
View attachment 361005

View attachment 361006

Do you have a clear image of front end damage? I'm having trouble zooming in on some of these images not sure if there's a trick

I was just basing this off of the second photo posted here. The side mirror is broken off and the front looks a bit crunched but I could be wrong

Eta: apologies!! The part I thought was crunchy is just where the windshield wipers are

Last edited:
If you zoom in you can clearly see the drivers window was broken. There is glass remaining in the corner. Could that just be from the pressure of the water? I have no idea but that was my initial assumption. Unless she tried breaking the window and was successful but the water force was too much. The back windows are clearly down partway, as if they have child safety windows and stop at that point.

I also see shattered glass in the top right and bottom right corner of the driver's side window (had to zoom in about 400%, but I definitely see something).

Source of picture: Divers find body and overturned car in search of missing California teen Kiely Rodni

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 10.19.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 10.19.32 PM.png
    585 KB · Views: 171
Thank you for the clarification. I thought they were still on site. Eta: they stated on FB they were still on scene as of 7pm because the recovery was taking place. It sounds like they may have been kind of on standby.
I've also seen AWP guide LE on how to best recover the vehicles when LE decides to do the recovery themselves.
I'm sure their tarp policy is similar - hide these views from media and onlookers.

Imo
They were just watching. They were not doing the recovery.

She’s been in the water a long time. Even if she was strapped into a seat belt, her remains may not still be intact enough to stay in the seatbelt restraints, especially while jostled and moved as the car was set upright and pulled out of the water. Sorry to be so graphic.
AWP should be able to clarify exactly where her remains were when they located the car. I don't know if they will, but they certainly could identify exactly where her remains were before the car was disturbed. jmo

See now, my first thought was that AWP manually somehow put the windows down before pulling out because of all the pressure and force it will take on them as the vehicle is pulled out and full of water. Then again, it seems that could potentially alter the everything inside, possibly even floating outside so idk about that now. But my initial thought was that all car windows were put down before towing out like this..does anyone watch AWP to know or understand their take or common practices on this?

The drone footage where people see a car. I definitely see something, took a while and sometimes even now knowing what and where to look I miss it..try staying focused on the clouds reflection because they “move” with the drone, this helped me because I then saw it in the water because it was an object in my view that was not moving with the clouds..

Also, haven’t seen anyone mention…the water “ripples”. There looks to be at least a couple if not more in that exact area where I (and others)see the object, which seems odd that I literally don’t see any disturbance on the water like this anywhere but here. I don’t see anything jumping like a fish or frog even, not to say I definitely could see that or even a bug. Idk there’s at least one that happens right before it passes over the object and it’s the same view line - and before I saw the object I thought it looked like air bubbles. Even two weeks later I’d not be shocked if a car in water produced tiny air bubbles, things shift, get corroded or otherwise, creating a different “space”…
When AWP locates a car underwater, they check the license plate (and usually bring it to the surface) and check the windows. If the windows are open they generally check for remains. They like when the windows are closed because like you said - it keeps everything contained. They always recommend the tow/rotater controller to ease the car out slowly so water can drain without busting out closed windows.
When windows are open and the body is not contained, I've seen them strap nets over the windows. They may have located KR in the vehicle and determined it could be removed without disturbing her too much. Just a guess. imo

You have mentioned suicide as a possibility a couple of times now, but respectfully, if that is what is being suggested here, there has been absolutely no indication that Kiely was suicidal. None. Unrolling all four windows also seems in line with trying to escape a sinking vehicle.

In the past, I’ve driven when I was tired and/or sleepy. I’d roll the windows down so I was blasted with cold air. I might have been miserable, but I figured I wouldn’t fall asleep.

Good video! In the Navy, I went through the helicopter crash simulator, including having to do it blind folded. First thing that helo is going to do when it hits the water is turn upside down because the heaviest part, the engines, are going to cause it to flip. But you get training before you go through it. And it isn't the same as the car scenario.
Yea that's a very informative video. If the car was doing that turtling thing and it's that dark, maybe she even did get the windows down and seatbelt off and still couldn't get out. Scary video.

For sure if the car immediately went nose down, and she went to the back. But if she had all 4 windows down, why didn't she at least end up outside the car? I guess we'll know more after autopsy

It definitely still feels like something is very off.
Toni Anderson's case is very similar in that she drove into the water and was found with the driver's window down, no seat belt and within her vehicle so I believe it is possible the same thing happened here. I hate this for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli