Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT??? You say the windows were down? This doesn't make sense. She would have gotten out.
I think she went into the water. It was cold. She retreats to the back of the car out of panic as it is dry for the moment and “safe”. Or she is not wearing a seatbelt and the impact renders her unconscious and she floats to the back of the car as it would be the last part to sink. I hope for option 2 and a death that was not felt and o suffering was a part of this.

If I was trying to escape from a car that was submerged in water, I wouldn't open all the windows. I would open the one window that I could escape through while preserving air ... assuming the electronics worked under water.
Yes, and if I were clearly thinking, I would as well. But I don't think either of us are 16 years old. I certainly am not. She may have been panicking in the darkness, trying to press any buttons she could to get a window down before the electronics shorted out.

I wonder if she turned right at #1 when she thought she was turning right at #2. She may have been in a hurry to try to get around the traffic leaving the party because she was running late for her curfew. Possible reasons why she may have been running late make me angry.
The only thing is even if she was running late her family would want her to be safe so she didn't really have to worry about that because they would understand and appreaciate her effort at getting home safely even if she was late. Taking a wrong turn IMO only seems possible if she didn't know her route because she is from the area and lives close by.

I was wondering if air bags would go off once a car hits the water.

Possible, it only takes 1/20th of a second for the sensor to inflate.
There are teeny tiny holes that help deflate quickly so you can move.
Now I know so much I did not know!

Yikes

The team had been assured by law enforcement on the ground that the body of water had already been searched thoroughly, but decided to check again.

“Police told us they did a rigorous search of this body of water,” diver Josh Cantu, 31, said. “They gave us a grid map and made us confident we didn’t need to search here.”

Within a few minutes of diving, one of the team members, Nick Rinn, 48, found a body in a car close to shore.

The water was apparently very murky. The fact that the car was upside down likely added to the difficulty, near impossibility, of divers and air searches seeing it. The undercarriage was as dark as the water and lake bottom. Had it been right side up and it being silver, it possibly could have been discovered earlier.

Though I would expect LE to have considered that it could be upside down.

Since some people are skeptical of what I saw, here are two screen grabs I pulled from a video I took, showing that The windows were down and Kiely was not in the front or back seats.

The roads to the direct area were blocked but there were lots of bystanders not too far.

To the person said that the body may have been recovered first it is unlikely. We were there 20 mins after AWP announced and as we left the FBI was suiting up in full white protective garb like coroners wear.
1661141687472.jpeg

1661141716657.jpeg

Yes I noticed this on the drone footage and it seemed weird that they were so focused on the back of the car.

Also if the windows were down, then this wasn't a situation where she couldn't get out of the car. The water might be cold, she might drown anyway but presumably she'd have a little time to go out a fully open window and then why was she found in the car.

Besides which, why didn't her body drift out of the car if she wasn't strapped in? unless she actually was in the trunk. In which case obviously she didn't drive herself into the water
IIRC, the Adventures with Purpose group posted on their FB page that the car was found upside down. That would change a lot of things, especially if it settled in a muddy lake bottom.

I think she went into the water. It was cold. She retreats to the back of the car out of panic as it is dry for the moment and “safe”. Or she is not wearing a seatbelt and the impact renders her unconscious and she floats to the back of the car as it would be the last part to sink. I hope for option 2 and a death that was not felt and o suffering was a part of this.
don't these cars have air bags? didn't see any indication of air bags. did anyone? or would they somehow deflate under water over 2 weeks?

Sounds like she was conscious when she went into the water. The open window(s) and (theorised) lack of seat belt makes me think she tried to escape but the intoxication and what would have been complete darkness she drowned.

edit: where I'm from, seatbelts are mandatory but I believe they are not in the US? Plus the open windows might have been from law enforcement/forensics having to move the car.

Since some people are skeptical of what I saw, here are two screen grabs I pulled from a video I took, showing that The windows were down and Kiely was not in the front or back seats.

The roads to the direct area were blocked but there were lots of bystanders not too far.

To the person said that the body may have been recovered first it is unlikely. We were there 20 mins after AWP announced and as we left the FBI was suiting up in full white protective garb like coroners wear.
View attachment 361005

View attachment 361006

Maybe her body float to the back.

As reported by AWP when she was found, the car was upside down. In my opinion that adds greatly to the panic and disorientation in this situation. I am not surprised under the circumstances she could not find her way out even with the windows down. This is a very very sad tragedy.

Sounds like she was conscious when she went into the water. The open window(s) and (theorised) lack of seat belt makes me think she tried to escape but the intoxication and what would have been complete darkness she drowned.

edit: where I'm from, seatbelts are mandatory but I believe they are not in the US? Plus the open windows might have been from law enforcement/forensics having to move the car.
Seat belts are mandatory in CA and many of us put them on so habitually that it's not even something we think about. My 2012 model car also has an alarm if you try to drive even a few feet without the seatbelt.

If the power windows still worked after hitting water, she could have rolled them all down. IMO someone with that much awareness wouldn't drive into the water in the first place. JMO. Again, there were lots of visual clues that wasn't the way home. She's so drunk she drives into water but then has the awareness to roll the windows down and take her seatbelt off?

WHAT??? You say the windows were down? This doesn't make sense. She would have gotten out.
She may have been injured or unconscious, or just couldn't get out in time. We also don't know how impaired she was.

Is the beach where the car went in right off the main road? She didn't get very far.

If she mixed weed with alcohol it could have caused her to be very disoriented.

So the car was upside down - Is it normal for cars to end up upside down in water? I’m guessing the front is heaviest and goes down first then the car flips? Or could speed entering the water also be a factor in the car flipping? That must be so disorienting & frightening - I almost hope she was already gone before it flipped.

I’m still confused as to where the car ended up - I hope there are some good visuals tomorrow from LE.

View attachment 361005

View attachment 361006
I'm not skeptical of what you saw, I believe you. What I don't understand is why you feel she couldn't be in the back cargo area? The engine is heavy, the front of the car will go down first. If she was trying to keep her head above water and escape, she could have climbed into the rear of the car.

Here's what AWP has to say about that subject ... take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli