Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surface level says definitely red flags.

But the windows down could be a byproduct of airing out the car after certain activities went down in there during the phone charging and/or a way to circulate cool air as a means to stay awake (although all 4 windows for that is excessive).

JMO
I was going to say the same thing. If I'm ever tired and driving at night, all my windows are down. And if they were smoking weed in her car, she probably needed to air it out.

Did the nose or the trunk come out of the water first?
Tarp on trunk of car - then tarp on entire car, or just on the trunk?

So the question is whether she was driving, a passenger, or in the trunk of the car?
The car came out trunk first. LE began covering the car, starting from the back, as it emerged from the water. Then extended the tarp further to the front as it emerged. jmo

We may or may not ever hear any details on the results of the investigation, I still cannot rule out foul play in this. As much as I want to believe or think that this is the case of a young person making a tragic mistake of driving while intoxicated, there is STILL the possibility this is a coverup. Human nature wants to hear what LE determines, but I also know because she is a minor, we may never know the findings.

So the question is whether she was driving, a passenger, or in the trunk of the car?
The trunk. It was pulled from the water backwards. First tarp was placed on the back of the vehicle then the next tarp was placed over top and front of vehicle.

If I recall, AWP said the vehicle was on it's roof initially. So they had to flip it over and then possibly swing it around to get it into that position. If Kiely didn't have her seatbelt on, that could explain the movement and possibly why she ended up in the rear of the vehicle. (I'm assuming that was her location since LE covered that area with the tarp first) IMO

The car was pulled out in reverse - so trunk first. Which lines up with what someone else said that maybe the trunk was just covered since it was The first thing out.
However, LE seemed VERY intent on keeping the trunk area covered up. There was some time where both the back and front seat were above the water but were left uncovered. I could clearly see that Kiely was not strapped into a seatbelt in either the front or back seats. And if she was not in a seatbelt I would have expected to see her floating at window level while being pulled out.

Surface level says definitely red flags.

But the windows down could be a byproduct of airing out the car after certain activities went down in there during the phone charging and/or a way to circulate cool air as a means to stay awake (although all 4 windows for that is excessive).

JMO
She charged her phone at 11 PM, her phone disappeared at 12:33 AM. I'm guessing that she did not leave all the windows down since 11 PM, and that's too much wind to drive.

Unrolling all four windows seems in line with filling the car with water to sink it as fast as possible.

I am super confused. The maps that are being posted show the car was nowhere near the boat ramp — but I thought I could see the boat ramp on the other side of the reservoir where they pulled the car? Or maybe I was just seeing things

The car was pulled out in reverse - so trunk first. Which lines up with what someone else said that maybe the trunk was just covered since it was The first thing out.
However, LE seemed VERY intent on keeping the trunk area covered up. There was some time where both the back and front seat were above the water but were left uncovered. I could clearly see that Kiely was not strapped into a seatbelt in either the front or back seats. And if she was not in a seatbelt I would have expected to see her floating at window level while being pulled out.
Yes I noticed this on the drone footage and it seemed weird that they were so focused on the back of the car.

Also if the windows were down, then this wasn't a situation where she couldn't get out of the car. The water might be cold, she might drown anyway but presumably she'd have a little time to go out a fully open window and then why was she found in the car.

Besides which, why didn't her body drift out of the car if she wasn't strapped in? unless she actually was in the trunk. In which case obviously she didn't drive herself into the water

I am super confused. The maps that are being posted show the car was nowhere near the boat ramp — but I thought I could see the boat ramp on the other side of the reservoir where they pulled the car? Or maybe I was just seeing things
There are lots of dirt roads going everywhere. I am pretty sure the car wasn't in that spot across from the boat ramp. A dirt road could be mistaken for the ramp?

I was there moments ago when the car was pulled out from the lake, and I noticed some odd things. I won’t speculate what these observations mean, but I want to lay them out here and see if someone else who was watching can verify.

1) the front windows were completely rolled down and the back windows were rolled 2/3 of the way down, like in cars with child safety window locks.

2) from the side view, Kiely was not in the front or back seats. LE was focused on covering the rear 1/3 of the car with a tarp where the trunk is in an SUV.

These definitely seem like red flags to me, but I hesitate to make any conclusions until more info comes out. Thoughts?
Anybody else who was there today that noticed these things?
I can think of plausible explanations which are not nefarious in nature for each of your observations. Thank you for sharing what you saw first-hand, much appreciated.

If I'm really tired, I roll down the windows when I drive. Or she could have rolled down the windows and tried to get out of the car thru the hatch or back door. Maybe the nose went down first, so she moved to the back. Remember she was under the influence and wasn't thinking coherently :(

They don’t have the sophisticated equip AWP does. AWP is the real deal. Superheroes for sure.

Amateur opinion and speculation

AWP is not simply showing up with more sophisticated equipment. They're bringing a different level of expertise to the many cases they're assisting in. There are plenty of cases that have had very good equipment

That might not be where she went into the water. The way the currents looked earlier, the car could have drifted or been pushed along the bottom for quite a distance.
I see your point but at the same time the weight of the car may limit how far it can drift and really considering the water was only 14 feet deep I can't see it drifting ver far.

AWP has stated in multiple recoveries that once cars hit the bottom, they don't drift anymore.

Eta: not saying there aren't exceptions, I don't scientifically know, but IMO once a car is filled with water and sunk to the bottom unlikely to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli