GUILTY CA - Kim Gordon, alive,(Inverness, Scotland, fakes own death), Monastery Beach, 25 Feb 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So is the son in on it?
Or has this horrible man put a 17 year old through hell in a foreign country?

I'm not big on the criticizing of the son, who is still a minor, likely dependent on his parent(s). He's likely been put through hell by this man, not just for this trip but well before it. A person who is capable of abusing children like he is accused of is not Super Dad at home. The son needs to be protected, IMO. For all he knows, for all anyone knows, his dad could show up on their doorstep any time again, and dad won't be happy if he knows son talked (IF the boy even knows anything).

Last edited:
Well, today he is supposed to turn up at court, assuming that doesn't happen there will presumably be an international arrest warrant. Apparently though the police over there have seen no signs of him. Sightings turned out to be someone else who didn't resemble him. Apparently a guy with a Scottish accent was being reported, it should be said, this guy has a slightly posh English accent.

Kim Vincent, also known as Kim Vincent Avis or Kim Gordon, was due to appear at the High Court in [Edinburgh] on Monday morning, but failed to turn up.

The 55-year-old has been charged with 24 offences, including rape, sexual and physical assault, against four alleged victims, two of whom were children.

Arrest warrant for busker 'who went missing in California'

He is alleged to have abused a total of four women between January 1997 and May 2015 at locations in Inverness, Inverness-shire and the Scottish Borders.

Two of his alleged victims were aged 11 when the alleged abuse against them is claimed to have commenced.

Mr Avis, a busker, denies any wrong doing.

On Monday, defence advocate Lorenzo Alonzi told Lord Tyre that he had no explanation for his client’s non attendance in court.

Mr Alonzi said Mr Avis’s disappearance had attracted “some press attention” and that his solicitors had tried to contact him.

He added: “There’s been no sign of him and there’s been mention of him in the media. His agents have tried to contact him by sending him text messages. But there’s been no response from him.”

Prosecution lawyer Jane Farquharson QC asked Lord Tyre to issue a warrant for his arrest.

She added: “The current indictment against him will have to fall.”

Prosecutors will issue a new indictment against Mr Avis if he is found by US law enforcement individuals.

Lord Tyre agreed and issued the warrant.

Arrest warrant for Scot who vanished from US and faces rape and sex attack charges

Obviously this is speculation, but I have a feeling he DID tell his son he was going swimming, and his son went for a hike. In the north of Scotland hiking in the woods is fairly safe, not likely to find wild animals, or people with weapons, given they live in the countryside, they're fairly used to various outdoor pursuits.

Now lets say that hike took 2-3 hours. If someone were waiting with a boat, KG could have hopped in the boat, and be in South America that evening. If his son woke the next morning and called the police because he was legitimately worried about his dads whereabouts, it would be too late to trace him.

If he had gone in and got caught in an undercurrent, or hit his head, the body would have been found by now. If he killed himself some other way, surely someone would have found him by now. No traces found of him at all, suggests he probably isn't in the country anymore.

^ I thought of that scenario, but that would not explain how the son can't explain/recall how they got there. I keep trying to think of plausible reasons why he wouldn't be able to, and I keep coming back to fear combined with nefarious things happening before father and son ever arrived at the beach.

Maybe Kim had connections with people who said they'd help him disappear, and he met up with them, then they threatened the son and dropped him off at the beach with instructions to tell the 'dad went swimming and never came back' tale. Then they took off and vanished. I do think he's still somewhere in the US, but the US is big...

I don't know, I mean, if you wanted to escape the chance of Extradition, you would probably want to get to a country that has no such treaties with the UK, but the only one in South America would be Venezuela, and I doubt a non native entering that country at the moment would find it easy getting there.

So maybe, given his affinity for the outdoors, he could simply be living in the woods somewhere off the grid (his house, he has boasted to a colleague, is apparently fully off the grid.) or being held in a house with in-laws, or people he paid to help him.

Maybe you're right about the son, or maybe he truly is not linked to it at all. Emotions could have made it difficult for him to put his story across clearly in the first interview, if he lost his dad and was freaking out, he might not have been thinking clearly when asked questions, we just don't know, UK police can question him and any other family or friends, but maybe he'll never be found.

I'd be interested to know how the son was acting in the interviews, if he was totally calm, then I'd be far more likely to believe he was in on it.

Any reason in Scottish law why all the new news articles are having his face pixelated now? I mean he is missing, wanted and not minor? What the reason?

(It is hard to share story and ask for being on look out when you can't actually see anything)

Scottish law prevents the publication of his identity until he is convicted, unless the court decides to release that restriction. All the Scottish articles since the announcement have blurred images, and now that he's a fugitive, rather than a missing person I would imagine that has some bearing too.

Body found by US police hunting for missing Inverness street trader

THERE are reports from Californian police hunting for Inverness street trader Kim Gordon that a body has been found around 70 miles away from the beach where he allegedly went swimming.

[...]

Captain John Thornburg, of Monterey County Sheriff’s Office, said: "We are trying to figure out who it is.

"At this stage we have no indication that it could be Mr Avis, but we have no indication that it is not him.

Body found by US police hunting for missing Inverness street trader

THERE are reports from Californian police hunting for Inverness street trader Kim Gordon that a body has been found around 70 miles away from the beach where he allegedly went swimming.

[...]

Captain John Thornburg, of Monterey County Sheriff’s Office, said: "We are trying to figure out who it is.

"At this stage we have no indication that it could be Mr Avis, but we have no indication that it is not him.

Let's hope it's this rapist and not anyone who is a victim

The mystery disappearance of a Highland busker suspected of faking his own death in the US has taken a bizarre new twist as it has emerged he sold his home before his disappearance.

[•••]

The house has now changed hands and, according to its new owner, Mr Avis’ wife has quit Scotland to move to the USA.

Last week buyer Michael Dohrn, a retired consultant surgeon with NHS Orkney, said: “I bought the house in January. Mrs Avis has left the country. She has gone to the United States”

[•••]

A spokesman for the US Marshals said they had not received an official request to start hunting for Mr Avis.

Bizarre twist in mystery disappearance of Highland busker suspected of faking his own death | Press and Journal

@Supernautus , is the wife American? From California?

It seems pretty simple. If US authorities find the wife, they'll likely find him too.

To me it would seem logical to realize this, but maybe she doesn't. So IMO she either left to get reunited with Kim in the US, or, assuming she is indeed from the US, she is merely returning home after what must have been bad times lately. Just speculating. I'm wondering if the son is with her, not even knowing if she's his mom, mind you.

She's his step mother, so unless she adopted him as her own, I'd imagine he's not with her. I doubt she would be stupid enough to join him immediately on return if that's what's happening. Hell, maybe the son fell for her and they plotted something together. (17 would be over the age required for consent in the UK) She is quite a bit younger than the dad.

I expect UK police would have questioned her before she left the country, and I expect US law enforcement will be keeping a close eye on where she goes now that she's back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back