GUILTY CA - Kris Anderson, 57, murdered, Santa Monica, 11 June 2016 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it certainly is interesting! Maybe being in the military made him feel he finally had the power to “do something” about what he thought he saw. But even if he was “right,” his actions were wrong in both cases. I have to wonder if there was some projection going on, perhaps fighting his own impulses. Or did he have a history of being abused? He seems really over-the-top in his reactions. I wonder if this previous incident was allowed to be introduced at trial. jmo
Agreed!!! No doubt there are more instances that police weren't involved. Who knows if it's introduced at trial. We don't even know if the current case is introduced at trial haaaaa!!

From the couple of jury selection questioners, I got a feeling that a lot of the evidence they have against him is from the police, possibly from the incident earlier in the day.. they wanted to know if we trusted cops to tell the truth. If we would be able to take the word of an officer as evidence.

From the couple of jury selection questioners, I got a feeling that a lot of the evidence they have against him is from the police, possibly from the incident earlier in the day.. they wanted to know if we trusted cops to tell the truth. If we would be able to take the word of an officer as evidence.

Very interesting. Thanks for that insight @Vino949! :)

well - SOMETHING happened on 7/7/22!!

from the jail site - nothing on the court site for further dates. And unfortunately the jail site doesn't say "what kind" of hearing is next....

COURT
Next Court Code: W80 Next Court Date: 08/01/2022 Next Court Time: 0830 Next Court Case: SA09317401

Court Name: LAX SUPERIOR COURT DEPT W80
Court Address: 11701 S. LA CIENEGA BLVD. Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

link: LASD Inmate Information Center - Booking Details

Thinking - maybe a guilty verdict - and that is his sentencing date??

Well I tried searching for his case - but the latest article to come up is for June 15, 2022...

Anyone local??

well - SOMETHING happened on 7/7/22!!

from the jail site - nothing on the court site for further dates. And unfortunately the jail site doesn't say "what kind" of hearing is next....

COURT
Next Court Code: W80 Next Court Date: 08/01/2022 Next Court Time: 0830 Next Court Case: SA09317401

Court Name: LAX SUPERIOR COURT DEPT W80
Court Address: 11701 S. LA CIENEGA BLVD. Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

link: LASD Inmate Information Center - Booking Details

Thinking - maybe a guilty verdict - and that is his sentencing date??

Well I tried searching for his case - but the latest article to come up is for June 15, 2022...

Anyone local??
Vino did say it was expected to be done by 7/8, per judge! So it must be over! What in the world is happening here? Is someone going to descend on my house and erase my thoughts because I've been looking into it?!? Why does he have such protection? Give us the evidence and let us decide!

Vino did say it was expected to be done by 7/8, per judge! So it must be over! What in the world is happening here? Is someone going to descend on my house and erase my thoughts because I've been looking into it?!? Why does he have such protection? Give us the evidence and let us decide!

I know - no peep on this trial at all! Is it cause he's is or was a SEAL?

Thanks for the info on the trial supposed to be done by 7/8 - so it MUST be his sentencing date - guilty I presume!

Weirder and weirder. It shows court code w80 in his record. So I looked that up. I can't find what that code means!!! But, I did find some articles, using the code W80 as a code for a marksman. I will link the article, so people can see, but keep in mind--- this article is not about this case. Mearly a possible thought about the court code meaning.

I do see it says no bail. So he must have been found guilty?

Weirder and weirder. It shows court code w80 in his record. So I looked that up. I can't find what that code means!!! But, I did find some articles, using the code W80 as a code for a marksman. I will link the article, so people can see, but keep in mind--- this article is not about this case. Mearly a possible thought about the court code meaning.

I do see it says no bail. So he must have been found guilty?

W80 is the department in the courthouse, 8th floor, that’s where jury selection and trial was held. I’m guessing they stick to that department for sentencing too. If that’s the case

W80 is the department in the courthouse, 8th floor, that’s where jury selection and trial was held. I’m guessing they stick to that department for sentencing too. If that’s the case
Thank you!!! So w80 is just a general courtroom or department, not a code referring to the crime? What types of crimes are heard in that courtroom? Any idea?

I think it should have been first degree personally, but better than manslaughter! I went to a few days of the trial and personally didn’t think the prosecution did a very good job.

Yes, I would have preferred first degree too. I’m sure we’d love to here more about the trial if you feel like sharing your perspective. What would you have liked to see the prosecutor do differently? Did the defendant testify and if so, what defense did he give? Thanks for whatever you feel like telling us!

Jury’s decision came in around 4:30ish yesterday. He was found guilty of 2nd degree murder. Sentencing to come.

Thanks a bunch! And yes - I have his sentencing date as 8/1/22 per the jail site.

Wondering how long the jurors deliberated? I like that kind of info for my notes! :)

Also - do you have link to this info?

and...
Welcome to our group.jpg

Yes, I would have preferred first degree too. I’m sure we’d love to here more about the trial if you feel like sharing your perspective. What would you have liked to see the prosecutor do differently? Did the defendant testify and if so, what defense did he give? Thanks for whatever you feel like telling us!
Theo did not testify and there was only one person who testified with a “nice” story about Theo. The guy said Theo volunteered to work a holiday so that someone else could spend it with their family. That’s about it.

He was not eligible for a “not guilty” plea, they deliberated between involuntary manslaughter, 2nd degree and 1st degree. The judge threw out voluntary manslaughter.

Theo did not testify and there was only one person who testified with a “nice” story about Theo. The guy said Theo volunteered to work a holiday so that someone else could spend it with their family. That’s about it.

He was not eligible for a “not guilty” plea, they deliberated between involuntary manslaughter, 2nd degree and 1st degree. The judge threw out voluntary manslaughter.
@Niner First sentence of second paragraph of what I was talking about

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back