CA CA - Kristen Modafferi, 18, San Francisco, 23 June 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dennis Mahon's website about the investigation for Kristen has been updated!

www.findkristen.com

Apparently some new leads exists that point back to the original POI or suspect (JO).

I hope these leads are substantive and help push the 16 year old case forward....

It has been my view after analyzing the public information that the most likely path in Kristen's disappearance has to do with those connected to JO(guy who made the call to LE about her being murdered by lesbians) and her co-workers (who connect back to JO).

Had hoped to hear about the "new leads" Dennis had turned up by now...
From his website www.findkristen.com
it seems JLL is still not wanting to cooperate with the investigation.
What could she have to fear from JO after all these years?

What was on those pages torn from her diary?

OR...Were JLL and JO partners in crime, and thus the code of silence??
For example... Sex, drugs and it went too far and so JO dumps body?
My thinking before was that JO may have played JLL.
And since he played people for a living that's not a stretch.
But those missing pages of the diary... there is something there.
And JLL may have some guilt. She should want to make this right.

I couldn't agree more VV, no matter how you look at the facts (and rumors) surrounding this case, everything circles back to JO.

Sure wish we could get an update on the investigation.

I do NOT understand why JLL wouldn't step up and clear herself, if she in fact had no involvement. She has been living under this cloud of suspicion for many years, she needs to step up, speak up and end this.

Bumping this case and wondering if anything new has turned up.
For quick reference ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Center_for_Missing_Adults

My view has not changed since my last post (see #200).
I think that JO was directly involved.
On www.findkristen.com Dennis Mahon is saying that JO made several calls to police, and Mahon also says that JLL has recently contacted police. That is good news.
JLL was not to be found for a couple of years, so I hope that as I've stated in my last post that now she wants to clear things up.
For me, everything points to JO. He was too connected to the case to be making repeated calls to police about Kristen.
It occurs to me that he had an obsession with Kristen, and perhaps subconsciously wanted to be caught(this would imply that he had at least the conscience of a serial killer), or was so full of himself that he wanted to taunt LE.
The FBI was on to JO, but apparently didn't have enough evidence.
Maybe one day soon they will.

Police investigating Robert Durst’s connection to missing California teens
missing18n-3-web.jpg

18-year-old Kristen Modafferi disappeared after leaving work in San Francisco on June 23, 1997. Robert Durst was said to be living in the area at the time.
missing18n-1-web.jpg

Karen Mitchell of Eureka, Calif., was last seen Nov. 25, 1997. Robert Durst may be connected to her disappearance, police said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...st-connection-missing-teens-article-1.2152427

http://www.thestate.com/2015/03/19/4055139/is-kristen-modafferis-disappearance.html

More than a decade ago, the search for Kristen Modafferi stopped briefly at the feet of accused murderer Robert Durst. Now the family of Modafferi, a Charlotte teen who vanished during a summer stay in San Francisco almost 18 years ago, reportedly may ask investigators to revisit Durst as a suspect in her disappearance...

An author who has followed Durst for years told the New York Daily News that Durst's arrest may revive efforts to solve the mystery of the two missing girls. Durst reportedly lived in the San Francisco area when the young women disappeared six months apart.

Bob Modafferi, Kristen's father, told the New York paper this week that he planned to contact the FBI. "If he was in that area where Kirsten went missing, it raises a bunch of potential red flags and questions," he said.

Snipped from your link:

Kristen disappeared from San Francisco in 1997. Oakland Police now say there is no hard evidence to suggest that Durst was involved, even though he was living in the city at the time.

But In a statement, issued through family friend Joan Scanlon-Petruski, parents Bob and Debbie Modafferi pointed out that the FBI, which had investigated Durst before, could come up with new evidence now.Cops in the northern California town of Eureka are probing whether he could have been involved in the disappearance of another teen, 16-year-old Karen Mitchell who vanished just five months after Kristen.

c4HQwKyl.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ome-clean-help-end-18-years-agony-family.html

Question: Was there a disappeared episode on Discovery ID for Kristen? For some reason I thought there had been but I cannot find one. If there has not been one, there should be. I hope Kristen's family gets answers.

I just watched an old Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina and there was a segment on Kristen's case.

I recently stumbled into this case, and have been reading up on it in my free time. It's really amazing that she just sort of vanished without a trace anywhere. They don't even know for sure she's dead. She seems like the kind of person who wouldn't leave her family in worry if she was alive, so my gut reaction is that she was murdered.

It hits a little close to home, as I was in San Francisco around the same time period, and she's only a year older than I was. Though I was with family when I went. I can not imagine how she did everything alone, like going to the concert on a train by herself. It's pretty unbelievable.

I've scoured the FindKristen.com website and though there is a lot of great information, some things seem to be lacking.

Like Jon Onuma, has some aliases that aren't listed. Here's what I've come up with: Toshi, Jade, Jade Zekkou from Zekkou Ultimedia, JadeAvAssociates (his ebay name), JadeSeven (http://jadeseven.deviantart.com/), exoticxdom (aol username), & jade yoshino. I have a friend who has discussed Jill Lampo with me, and she assured them that "Toshi" is the nickname preferred by Onuma's "friends" and Onuma himself.

He really doesn't want people to know his real name these days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/74720-canadian-journalist-shot-dead-by-girlfriend-in-chiang-mai/page-9

Excerpt from post 216 from the above link:

"...When that didn't pan out, Daniel made plans to document his travels to South America and Central America and take Jade with him. This required international booking using Jade's real name, Jon Onuma . When he overheard me making travel arrangements, he overreacted, yelling and screaming at me that his name not be known to ANYONE. He threatened me, my family and those that were in the office. I tried to call the police but Jade pulled the phone cord out of the wall. I made it clear to Daniel and Geri that I would not tolerate that behavior and insisted that Jade be barred from the office area....."

From all I know, he sounds like a sadist. "He told the owner the the sight of a woman's vagina no longer excited him and that he need to beat the woman up just to get an erection. " - http://www.findkristen.com/The-Plumber.html As a matter of fact, Jill Lampo told my friend that the reason she finally broke up with Onuma was because the violence in their relationship had escalated to the point that he choked her unconscious, nearly to death.

And he threatened someone with Kristen's name. "He said, "You know I'm going to have to kill you. I can't let you go. 'Now you know what happened to Kristen Modafferi!' - http://www.findkristen.com/Debbie-s-Life-Threatened.html

But I'm not convinced he's the one who actually killed her.

He called in the fake tip from the very beginning to get back at people for the way they treated his girlfriend at the time Jill Lampo AKA Jillian Suzanne, AKA Jillian Lazzaro (Her FB page is under Lezzaro). https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jillian-Lazzaro/121822771194436

He said it was a prank. He has a sick sense of humor, and he's been paying for it ever since, constantly changing his name, because if anyone looks up his real name they see these sites.

There was supposedly a sighting of her in Nicaragua. This person who called in the tip, supposedly was in Nicaragua and about a year later was in Hawaii (2001), and finds out about the case, and puts 2 and 2 together, right? Isn't it a little bit interesting that the tipster calls in the tip while being in Hawaii where Onuma was hanging out? (http://www.findkristen.com/nicaragua.html)

I sincerely believe that Onuma got this guy to put the tip in for him as a joke, or just another prank. Either to have fun, or to throw people off the track.

What I'm more interested in is Matthew Luque! His name is in the date book that has those 2 days ripped out. And when Mahon calls up Matt to find this Kelley Strathman, Matt sounds nice and pleasent until he hears Kristen's name and then flips out!

"Look", he said, "I've got nothing to do with this." Don't you ever call me again!"
"You got that?"
"You got that?"
"You got that?"

(http://www.findkristen.com/Matthew-Luque.html)

Was it Matt who ripped those pages out? not Onuma?

And who is Kelley Strathman? Mahon has the name written 3 different ways on the website, his last name with and without an 'r' and his first name with and without an 'e'. No one has been able to find this guy and he was best friends with Luque!

Don't you think it's a little bizarre that no one knows who Kelley Strathman is? My theories are it was an alias from the beginning or Kelley was a middle name and he goes by his first name now. Either way, people always point out the blond haired woman never got in contact with the police, what about this Kelley person? Why haven't they?

Kelley Strathman & Matt Luque were best friends. I also checked out Matt and his brother Mike's facebook pages and they seem to be Satanists. Could this have been some sort of ritual killing? We don't know if she was a virgin or not, what if?

Matt Luque AKA Fyist - https://www.facebook.com/matt.luque.9?fref=ts
Mike Luque - https://www.facebook.com/bigmikeluque?fref=ts

Kelley Strathman was working at Spinelli's Coffee when Kristen disappeared and Matt Luque was working there after.

Of course, the other fascinating detail is that Jill Lampo was dating Matt Luque who was best friends with Strathman, so she obviously knew Strathman as well. It seems almost likely that Jill was the blond seen in the mall with Kristen the day she disappeared. Jill clearly enjoys being dominated by sadistic sociopaths, and could have easily been enlisted in a scheme to lure/abduct Kristen from the mall. It would have been easy for a psycho like Jill to dupe someone young and innocent like Kristen. If anyone has any contact information for Kelley Strathman please post it here, and I can forward it to the proper authorities.

-----​

God please shine your light and help bring justice for all those who have been lost due to the wicked men of this world. In Jesus Christ's name I pray.

Psalm 10 Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble? 2 The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the Lord abhorreth.4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.5 His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.8He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.9 He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.10 He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.11 He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.12 Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.13 Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.14 Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.15 Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.16 The Lord is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

surely there was video footage of her inside the mall or on the street near the entrance of the mall ..has anything ever been said or showen of her in or around the mall...

Thanks for the welcome dotr! :)

surely there was video footage of her inside the mall or on the street near the entrance of the mall ..has anything ever been said or showen of her in or around the mall...

There may have been. The sad part has always been that whatever else Onuma did, he called in that fake tip for sure, and had them looking in all the wrong places in the most crucial hours. I'll never know why he was never charged with obstructing justice for that alone. (It burns me up for all his abuse of women that he never gets arrested for that because "they asked for it" and it was consensual).

They may have kept tapes, but when the police got back to looking into the disappearance after finding out the tip was a fake, they may have recorded over them. I've heard of places keeping tapes (tapes back then in '97, not digital), and then re-using them every week or two.

A tape would be wonderful really, because there's always the possibility that she wasn't seen in the mall, that the store workers made up seeing her or that it just wasn't her and looked like her. She never punched out of work that day (which she had never done before), but she was supposed to have been seen in the mall about an hour or two later. Isn't that a little weird?

Or if she was there, to get a nice picture of who she was seen with would be so helpful. I wish people who had been in that mall had been asked if they took any pictures, if she could somehow be seen in the background of one, would be a miracle, if it had who she was with and they were involved. To get a face instead of just a description of a "blond lady," would be so helpful.

Finding the blond girl/lady is the key to solving this....

Maybe she exists and maybe she doesn't. If she doesn't exist, then two employees lied about seeing her.

I've really been leaning toward the Coffee Shop employees lying about the blond lady. In fact, I believe I read that only one employee (a man) said he saw someone who looked like her with another blond with a similar backpack.

Seeing as how no one has been able to find Matt Luque's best friend Kelley Strathman, makes me think it was him working, who said he saw the girls. Also if Matt Luque can be found (which he can, there are plenty of heavy metal band sites and a facebook page for him), why can't we find his best bud?

Remember, Kelley Strathman worked during the time period that Kristen worked, and then disappeared. Matt Luque started working after she disappeared. When Mahon called Matt to find Kelley's phone number for an interview, Matt exploded in rage when he heard Kristen's name saying "I've got nothing to do with this." Don't you ever call me again!"

I also read somewhere that the manager (Bernadette is listed as manager during that time period on her linkedin page) was the last one to see her leaving work. (Remember, Kristen didn't punch her time card out that day which was unusual for her). Did you know Bernadette left, traveled around the country, and came running back to buy the store? Yes, she owns the store that they used to work in. (the running back when you hear about stores being sold, reminded me of a Monk episode where someone hid a body under a fountain and hearing it was to be dug up, they tried to get it to be declared a landmark)

In 1998, the owner sold his stores in an ALL-CASH transaction. http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/S-F-s-Spinelli-Coffee-Bought-By-Seattle-Firm-3002417.php

"The deal calls for Tully's Coffee Corp. to acquire 14 of Spinelli's locations in the Bay Area as well as seven stores in Singapore and two stores in Taiwan. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. "

How much cash do you think that transaction was? All cash transactions are weird, but for the whole kit and caboodle, seems outrageous and unheard of. Bernadette, Kristen's manager back then, left after the store was sold and worked for Tully's around the country.

"In 1998, a year after Kristen disappeared, Spinelli's sold their business to Tully's Coffee. I became a corporate trainer: I grew and developed stores here in San Francisco, facilitated training classes, and spent six years opening franchise locations across the country.

I was traveling all the time. After a while, it's just a very lonely lifestyle. And what I missed more than anything was a community feeling - people talking to regular people on a regular basis. When Tully's announced they were closing their 24th Street location, my heart stopped. I quit my job, bought the store and opened Bernie's."

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...apy-with-the-coffee-in-Noe-Valley-3186151.php

That shop was not the one in the mall where Kristen worked (It was in a location 20 minutes, by car, away). She starts a business in 2008 (with approx. 3 employees), Bernie's for carpet cleaning according to places online, but the phone number and address are for the coffee shop. http://www.manta.com/mb_55_B30D905L_24G/carpet_and_rug_cleaning_and_repairing_plant/san_francisco_ca

Then she buys the Crocker Galleria Mall location where Kristen worked in 2013. https://www.facebook.com/BerniesCoffee?fref=ts

How did Bernadette get so much money to pay for 2 stores? Could she have witnessed something and gotten paid to keep quiet? Why does her coffee shop have the same number for a carpet cleaning store (in her name)? Could it be a pay off through a shell corporation?

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Bernie!s-415-642-1192

All of the information we have on her leaving work, asking for directions to the beach, and being seen with a blond woman in the mall, all come from the employees working that day. If it was Kelley working that day, he can't be found.

I was also thinking the Kelley Strathman, could be an alias (since you cannot find anything on him online). What if Kelley was Onuma? Which would mean Onuma and Matt Luque would have been best friends. Also Jill said she broke up with Matt before going out with Onuma.

Here's another FB page for Dr. Jillian Lazzaro. Read the post/comments from 4/21. She considers the Onuma's family.....
https://www.facebook.com/jillianlazzaro2?ref=ts&fref=ts

That is a great find. At first glance I was wondering where you got that information about Onuma. But checking out the comments I found it!

Dr-Jillian Lazzaro: "Thank you Michael A. Contés II, Deborah Dickenson and Shelley George. My family and friends were taken hostage by what people have heard about called Nano. I am what people called Nano Queen. As a result of the abuse of medical electrical engineering I was severely enslaved through action potential. What happens to anyone only sets the presidence for this to happen to other woman who went through divorce. We was severely attacked after the divorce. So I am at this location and need massive public assistance. I have contacted everyone through action potential to take action. Officials including federal agents and officers were pressed by this matter too. It must stop! This threatens all of our constitutional rights! My family are the Lampo's, the Onumas, Hanson and Ekeda."

Really unbelievable. She told someone she broke it off with Onuma when he choked her so hard she passed out, and here she is years later (supposedly after not talking with him for so long) calling him family!

This was posted on another site:

"Possible development in the case http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/official-possible-human-remains-found-where-missin/nmmJY/?ecmp=wsoctv_social_facebook_2014_sfp"

From the news story:

Updated: 10:10 p.m. Thursday, June 25, 2015 | Posted: 9:37 p.m. Thursday, June 25, 2015

Official: Human decomposition found where missing Charlotte teen lived

By Lyanne Melendez, KGO

SAN FRANCISCO —

There are new leads in the search for a Charlotte teen who disappeared nearly two decades ago.

Investigators were on the scene of a home in Oakland, California Thursday where Kristen Modafferi was living when she vanished in 1997. She was 18 years old at that time.

Human decomposition was detected in the basement of that house, former Mammoth Lakes police detective Paul Dostie said.

<modsnip>

Modafferi&#8217;s case was most recently in the news in March after the arrest of millionaire Robert Durst, who was linked to several murders and was living in San Francisco at the time of her disappearance.

The FBI said there is no evidence Durst is linked to this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back