Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s this dude’s angle? Is he just trying to distract the jury with a bunch of utter nonsense that has absolutely no relevance?
Basically. They are also making sure that anyone that was ever interviewed for the podcast Your Own Backyard is asked if were on it and if they know the podcaster.

These defense attorney's are definitely something else that's for sure. I get defending your clients, but the way these guys go about it does not put a good taste in my mouth or put a good opinion on them.

That there might be Inconsistencies with 25 year old memories, from very young adults at a college house party? Sigh.

What they're fully consistent about tells the story.

I hope the Prosecution has an expert lined up to describe how date rape drugs work. IMO K's movements draw the poster.

I can't believe that, in 2022, a lawyer-- any lawyer -- can imply someone is missing because she was flighty, drunk, dressed in a way, heavier than before (obvious implication), doing poorly in school or life.

It's putrid.

Thankfully juries are too enlightened for that.

JMO

That there might be Inconsistencies with 25 year old memories, from very young adults at a college house party? Sigh.

What they're fully consistent about tells the story.

I hope the Prosecution has an expert lined up to describe how date rape drugs work. IMO K's movements draw the poster.

I can't believe that, in 2022, a lawyer-- any lawyer -- can imply someone is missing because she was flighty, drunk, dressed in a way, heavier than before (obvious implication), doing poorly in school or life.

It's putrid.

Thankfully juries are too enlightened for that.

JMO
I think I’m having a blonde moment because the weight gain implications are not obvious to me… LOL. What are they trying to imply with this specific line of questioning? That KS was pregnant? That she wasn’t attractive enough to be a model? That she was too heavy for PF to carry?

I don’t know how the witnesses are handling these cross examinations without losing it. Because I’m on the opposite side of the country and have no personal connection to this case… and I’ve wanted to scream about 20 times already!

I think I’m having a blonde moment because the weight gain implications are not obvious to me… LOL. What are they trying to imply with this specific line of questioning? That KS was pregnant? That she wasn’t attractive enough to be a model? That she was too heavy for PF to carry?

I don’t know how the witnesses are handling these cross examinations without losing it. Because I’m on the opposite side of the country and have no personal connection to this case… and I’ve wanted to scream about 20 times already!
Any of those possible reasons are victim-bashing by the defense. They are either implying that she was a "loose woman" or too unattractive to be a victim. I haven't seen any pictures of her where she looks fat, and this case has been local news for me since she went missing. Billboards in the Bay Area with her pictures up on it.

Monday, August 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kristin Denise Smart (19) (missing May 25, 1996 while walking back to her dorm from a off campus frat party at Cal Poly, reported missing on May 26, 1996, San Luis Obispo, still missing; legally declared dead on May 25, 2002) – *Paul Ruben Flores (19 @ time of crime/44/now 45) arrested (4/13/21), charged (4/14/21) & arraigned (10/20/21) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
*Ruben Ricardo Flores (55 @ time of crime/80/now 81) arrested (4/13/21), charged (4/14/21) & arraigned (10/20/21) with accessory to murder after the fact. Plead not guilty. $250K bond. Bond was lower to $50K. Has posted bond (4/22/21), out of jail.
Trial began with final jury selection for Paul from 6/27 & ended 6/28/22 & for Ruben jury selection started on 7/11 & ended 7/12/22.
Trial began on 7/18/22 with opening statements for Paul in am & Ruben in pm (which was continued on 7/21/22).
Paul’s attorney Robert Sanger & Ruben’s is Harold V. Mesick. Prosecutor is Christopher Peuvrelle. Judge Jennifer O’Keefe presiding.
Judge O’Keefe has blocked defense attorney Sanger from suggesting someone else killed Smart unless he can provide evidence of direct involvement.
Trial has been moved from San Luis Obispo County to Monterey County in Salinas. For 2 juries each: 12 jurors & 8 alternates; Paul’s: 8 men & 12 women & Ruben’s: 9 men & 10 women (still waiting for correction).

Case & court info from 5/17/21 thru Final Jury Selection Day 1-2 (7/11 & 7/12/22 for Ruben) & 7/14 thru 7/19/22 & Trial Day 1-4 (7/18, 7/21-7/25/22) reference post #580 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-obispo-25-may-1996-arrests-3.588288/page-29

7/26/22 Tuesday, Trial: The Smart trial was canceled Tuesday morning, as one of Ruben jurors did not show up to the hearing due to an emergency. Court was already scheduled to be dark for the rest of this week. Trial is set to resume Monday, 8/1/22 @ 8:30am.
For more info see posts #586 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-obispo-25-may-1996-arrests-3.588288/page-30
SLO Tribune, ABCNews, Associated Press & LA Times filed motion to unseal records in Smart case has a hearing date. The motion hearing is on 8/4/22 @ 3pm.
Trial continues on Monday, 8/1/22 for Day 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member