CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
March 15, 2021
Statement from the Family of Kristin Smart:
“We are encouraged by the news of today’s search of Ruben Flores’ property. We appreciate the vigilance and professionalism of Sheriff Ian Parkinson and his department and our family looks forward to learning more in the hours and days ahead.”

Megan Healy [URL='https://twitter.com/MeganHealyTV']@MeganHealyTV [/URL]1h
BREAKING: @SLOSheriff
serving a search warrant in connection to 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart at Paul Flores’ family home in Arroyo Grande. Ruben Flores, Paul’s dad, lives here now. According to officials, Paul has been named a prime suspect in the case #kristinsmart [URL='https://twitter.com/KSBY']KSBY[/URL]

[URL='https://twitter.com/KSBY']KSBY
@KSBY 56m
[/URL]
Another search warrant in connection to the 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart was served Monday morning in Arroyo Grande, this time at the home of Paul Flores's father.

[URL='https://t.co/jJJtQLq1W5?amp=1']Sheriff's deputies search Paul Flores's family home in Arroyo Grande with cadaver dogs, ground-pe...

Another search warrant in connection to the 1996 disappearance of Cal Poly student Kristin Smart was served Monday morning in Arroyo Grande, this time at the home of Paul Flores's father.
ksby.com[/URL]

Responding to my post.

I believe this home has been searched prior and LE has obtained a new warrant and is back.

This case really does appear to be a family protecting their very dangerous son at all costs. I predict at this moment, Ruben Flores (father of Paul) is as indignant as ever as this search warrant is being carried out at his home. IMO

Article from 2/2020
https://www.ksby.com/news/local-news/search-warrants-issued-in-kristin-smart-case

Is this the first time they have searched Ruben's property?
IIRC they searched here in 1996 but LE never brought in Forensics or cadaver dogs.

What I’m trying to figure out-and I may need to go back to the podcast I guess-is if this is their property where the sound was occurring that was believed to be a digital watch sound. I always thought that was hinky and made me really think that Kristin or evidence of her was hidden in the cement there.

IIRC they searched here in 1996 but LE never brought in Forensics or cadaver dogs.

What I’m trying to figure out-and I may need to go back to the podcast I guess-is if this is their property where the sound was occurring that was believed to be a digital watch sound. I always thought that was hinky and made me really think that Kristin or evidence of her was hidden in the cement there.

OK, I went to @Yourownbackyard’s IG page to try to find the differentiation. He explained that this property there at isn’t where the concrete was. The mothers property was the rental property. Apparently concrete was cut out and filled in with soil so flower boxes could be installed. The current property that LE is searching is the dads property that was only searched inside. But no forensics, no cadaver dogs. Man I hope they find something and I hope they expand to moms as well.

OK, I went to @Yourownbackyard’s IG page to try to find the differentiation. He explained that this property there at isn’t where the concrete was. The mothers property was the rental property. Apparently concrete was cut out and filled in with soil so flower boxes could be installed. The current property that LE is searching is the dads property that was only searched inside. But no forensics, no cadaver dogs. Man I hope they find something and I hope they expand to moms as well.

Thank you for going back to confirm. This search is a big deal with the resources they have brought in. IMO

I vividly remember seeing Kristin’s picture in the news back in the 90’s. I’m not from her state, it must have been nationwide news. IMO

Yes, me too. I was a Freshman in college the year Kristin was. I was done with Spring Semester and back home then. When the podcast came out I was taken aback because I had assumed they’d found her or answers to her disappearance. The internet wasn’t that big then, so I hadn’t followed her case. I binged the podcast and have been waiting ever since in hopes that PF would be charged.
Thank you for going back to confirm. This search is a big deal with the resources they have brought in. IMO

I vividly remember seeing Kristin’s picture in the news back in the 90’s. I’m not from her state, it must have been nationwide news. IMO

Haven't they searched there before?

Glad to see some activity again!

Inside only and without cadaver dogs/forensics previously, I believe.

YourOwnBackyard podcast guy who knows this case inside and out has been emphatic about this being a really, really huge thing. He seems highly encouraged by this step (not sure if that's as much as thinking there will be anything super helpful there, or if it's also that this, combined with last month's events maybe meaning some of the areas not previously dug up at Paul's mom's house could be next or something also...?)

Tweets from today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-104731_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-104731_Twitter.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210316-104725_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-104725_Twitter.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics