FL FL - Arielle Reis Coutinho Valdes, 21, went for a run, Lee Co, 28 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is now a public Find page being ran by family - very, very, active. They are killing it with ground searches, hitting the pavement requesting people to look at their cameras and reporting back on results. Amazing effort by her Sister and others.

Finding Arielle Valdes​

Finding Arielle Valdes

As we continue the search for Arielle Valdes, it’s crucial that we stay up to date with factual information. Misinformation can not only hinder our efforts but also cause unnecessary confusion and distress.

To ensure that everyone is on the same page, we’ve put together this detailed summary of what we know for certain.
This includes the timeline of events, important details about Arielle, and the next steps in our search efforts.
Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to finding Arielle.

May be an image of text

All reactions:

It would (generally, imo moo omo etc) be a runner's first instinct to start running if they were upset or stressed and needed a way to calm down. I'm wondering if there was some sort of quick and immediate incident- someone saying or doing something over Internet or text maybe- that would happen so fast and would be upsetting enough that she just needed to bolt to calm down. The good news is that IF it happened over electronics, LE can find out what it was.

The post says: “Valdez left her residence on Wednesday August 28, 2024, on foot at approximately 6:30pm to go for a run. She was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie sweater, gym shorts, and what appears to be black and white low top Converse tennis style sneakers”

If this is the LE post you are talking about, it says she was wearing Converse tennis style sneakers. Leaving her residence on foot does not mean she had no shoes on. It means she didn’t leave her residence on a bicycle or in a car but on foot.

Jmo

at one point it did say no shoes

You are right. But there are so many cases in WS that also are not cases anymore and that are not updated I don t know why. So you spend time reading to reach the end discovering the person was found safe according to LE, but the titles of these threads are never updated. Even when the person is found deceased.
It is not a criticism to anyone , but all these tens of threads take away attention and effort to cases that maybe need a bit more visibility because clearly the missing person is endangered.
So many people disappear daily it is frightening.
Also, media are not following up on all of them unless family is out there screaming.

This case I find apalling. One question I have is why LE only shows a tiny bit of the video on the bridge, and not until she disappears from the camera

Do they know sth which cannot go public ? Eg they saw her approaching a car or sth..

you need to report those threads to the mods
they can't physically see every single thing on every single post that needs to be done in a day
so they do rely on us to help a bit - just hit report and say found safe or found deceased after you have verified the news with MSM or police post

Good Morning Locals. Any updates to share with us?
Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I haven’t heard anything new in the last day. I appreciate you updating the thread!

Unfortunately the more comments I see online, looking at the video of her on the bridge, and the fact that LE has not made it seem like there’s a threat to the public… there’s only a single outcome I foresee. Again, I hope I’m wrong but hopefully her family gets answers sooner than later.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I haven’t heard anything new in the last day. I appreciate you updating the thread!

Unfortunately the more comments I see online, looking at the video of her on the bridge, and the fact that LE has not made it seem like there’s a threat to the public… there’s only a single outcome I foresee. Again, I hope I’m wrong but hopefully her family gets answers sooner than later.
Thank you for updating us. That’s a logical thought, but if they had footage that indicated it. Wouldn’t they share that possibility with the family? It seems like it would be easy to find footage from the other end of the bridge to prove or disprove?

I’m hoping they showed the short clip because a longer version is useless due to distance and poor quality.

:(

LEE COUNTY, Fla. —
Family members of Arielle Valdes, the missing North Fort Myers woman, confirmed she was found dead Monday afternoon.

NBC2 is working to confirm how Valdes died and more details about her disappearance.

Posted 4 minutes ago

"A short time ago, members of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office located remains of a female while conducting a search along the Caloosahatchee River in North Fort Myers. The remains are presumed to be of missing 21-year-old, Arielle Valdes," the Lee County Sheriff's Office posted on Facebook.

LCSO: body of woman found in Caloosahatchee River presumed to be missing woman
In a Facebook post Wednesday afternoon by Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno, he said though forensic evidence has yet to confirm that the body recovered was that of 21-year-old Arielle Reis Coutinho Valdes, it does appear to be her.
Preliminarily, there is no evidence to indicate that foul play was involved.”

Missing runner Arielle Valdes' body found in Fort Myers nearly five days after disappearance​

Authorities and volunteers searched for Arielle Valdes on land and on sea across the county.

On Monday morning, the sheriff's office said, efforts continued in the search for Valdes. Authorities said they used a wide range of sheriff's office assets on both land and sea.

The resources include various marine vessels, aviation, multiple drones, K9s, the Forensics Division for purposes of utilizing their ANDE rapid DNA device, as well as the Major Crimes Unit, the sheriff's office said.

On Monday afternoon, members of the sheriff's office found remains of a woman while conducting a search along the Caloosahatchee River, in North Fort Myers. The remains are presumed to be of missing Valdes.

The sheriff's office said there is no evidence to indicate foul play was involved. Their Major Crimes Unit has communicated with the family to provide the latest update.

"We will work with the District 21 Medical Examiner's Office for the remainder of the investigation," the sheriff's office's release reads in part.

Valdes' sister, Isabella Hergert, posted this statement on her Facebook page, where she has been providing updates since Valdes disappeared on Aug. 28.SISTER: Ari you were to good for this world. I love you and I will see you again in every life time. You are a piece of my soul that I will always look for. Thank you so much for the love we have received from the community. Please give us privacy while we grieve our angel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back