CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, it is distressing to know that we are approaching the 7 year mark since these murders were committed and there seems to be little to no progress being made in solving them and no status update or appeal for help from TPS, and no news from KD. It seems the only people Keeping this case at the top of mind are the ten or so regular posters here.
I fear that TPS has speculation or a theory on what happened, but little tangible evidence. Not knowing where else to turn, they choose to stay silent. I hope I am wrong.
And, the Greenspan circus is no longer in town!

Greenspan is still in T.O.

I wonder what the team discovered.
The private investigation team, lead by Greenspan and funded by the Sherman children, appears to have discovered nothing of significance. The hope that their investigation would lead to identifying Persons of Interest, or to charges being laid was never realized.

Some people believed that the TPS investigation was so 'botched' that law enforcement would never solve the crime, and a fresh, independent team of investigators was required.

This private team, ended their work with no visible results.

MOO

The private investigation team, lead by Greenspan and funded by the Sherman children, appears to have discovered nothing of significance. The hope that their investigation would lead to identifying Persons of Interest, or to charges being laid was never realized.

Some people believed that the TPS investigation was so 'botched' that law enforcement would never solve the crime, and a fresh, independent team of investigators was required.

This private team, ended their work with no visible results.

MOO
Given that the children hired Greenspan, and Greenspan in turn engaged the PI’s, does anyone know if the PI’s would be bound by the same confidentiality and privilege obligations as the lawyer that engaged them?

The only privately engaged expert who appears to have had any influence on the investigation was the pathologist who determined it was a double murder. Had the Sherman children turned this information over to the police at the time, it might have saved investigators from weeks of chasing down questions about why Barry might have killed himself. Instead the police learned this from the newspaper.

Given that the children hired Greenspan, and Greenspan in turn engaged the PI’s, does anyone know if the PI’s would be bound by the same confidentiality and privilege obligations as the lawyer that engaged them?
Excellent question. Not being a lawyer, I do believe anything and everything discussed between a lawyer and his client is protected. Hypothetically, the PI tells the lawyer 'such and such', the lawyer then tells his client, then that information is protected. The PI working as a an agent of the lawyer, I think logically would be protected as well, but I am not positive.

Wild Hypothesis. If somebody had some involvement with the crime, either directly or indirectly, they might hire a private investigation team, which could provide some useful information for the defense at a potential future trial.
Since the private investigation team had a tip line as well, it could be a useful overview of the Police investigation and the progress being made.

Question for the legal minds out there. You are a lawyer doing a private investigation work for your client Bill Jones. You get a call on the tip line, that says Bill Jones, your client did the crime and there is video proof that you can purchase. Do you buy the video? As a lawyer do you have to tell the Police?

MOO

Top of my head thought inspired by a link posted in the thread for the recently murdered woman from Markham and the search for a suspect in Hong Kong..
Would this mean, that if by chance, China happened to be one of the places where LE was seeking more info, they might not receive it? imo, speculation. fwiw
rbbm
'When the People’s Republic of China imposed a National Security Law (NSL) in 2020, Canada expressed concern that this would lead to an erosion of respect for human rights and universal freedoms. Canada suspended its extradition agreement with Hong Kong, imposed export control measures, updated Global Affairs Canada’s travel advice and issued an advisory for Hong Kong, and launched new proactive immigration measures for Hong Kong residents.'

https://www.thestar.com › News › Canada
''Oct 27, 2022 — Toronto homicide detectives believe information in five countries may hold the key to who killed Barry and Honey Sherman, a Toronto court has heard.''

''In Detective Yim’s most recent affidavit, filed last week, he reveals that police have in 2020 obtained information using an MLAT — a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty. An MLAT, Yim explains in the affidavit, is a “request for evidence located in a foreign jurisdiction.” Canada has an MLAT treaty with 35 countries. The police will not say which country they obtained evidence from or what the evidence was. Police have said they obtained the information on May 5, 2020.''

''Yim has also revealed that homicide detectives received information from two production orders and one search warrant served somewhere in Canada between Sept. 4 and Oct. 9 of this year. Previously, the last time police swore out a warrant or production order and obtained information was on July 2, 2019, well over a year ago.''

Today’s text exchange with K. Donovan:

Attachments

• IMG_6347.png
    IMG_6347.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6348.png
    IMG_6348.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6349.png
    IMG_6349.png
    136 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6350.png
    IMG_6350.png
    135 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6351.png
    IMG_6351.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6347.png
    IMG_6347.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6348.png
    IMG_6348.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6349.png
    IMG_6349.png
    136 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6350.png
    IMG_6350.png
    135 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6351.png
    IMG_6351.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 32
Besides his opinion on what happened, has KW provided any evidence to the TPS that proves his theory?
How about some witnesses or video. KW may be 100% correct, but without proof, it is meaningless supposition.

Because the TPS has not charged anybody, it does not follow Barry did it.

MOO

Besides his opinion on what happened, has KW provided any evidence to the TPS that proves his theory?
How about some witnesses or video. KW may be 100% correct, but without proof, it is meaningless supposition.

Because the TPS has not charged anybody, it does not follow Barry did it.

MOO
KW consistently infers and in fact states that TPS are lying when they state that the Sherman’s were murdered. He doesn’t even state this is his opinion, he states it as fact. How and why is this allowed by the monitors on this site?

KW consistently infers and in fact states that TPS are lying when they state that the Sherman’s were murdered. He doesn’t even state this is his opinion, he states it as fact. How and why is this allowed by the monitors on this site?

I’m not a mod, but I think it’s because he’s a verified insider. He doesn’t have to back up his claims the way that we are expected to.

That doesn’t mean what he says isn’t subject to scrutiny. We can call him on unsubstantiated claims. Kerry and I have had big disagreements here.

The m/s theory was only entertained by the police early in the investigation. But they also thought it could be a possible double homicide. When the pathology results and other evidence came back they knew it was a double-homicide. To believe otherwise is a willful denial of the facts of the case. Barry is a victim, and never physically hurt anyone in his life. Especially Honey.

It’s quite a stretch to call him an insider, for what my opinion is worth. He has no information about the investigation and he actively spreads misleading information. He had never visited the home on Old Colony. He is not in contact with anyone involved with the case. He has a story about two conversations 20 years before the murders in which he says Barry asked about whether he was in touch with hit men. Even if this story is true, it appears to have little relevance. His revenge fantasies also appear to have little relevance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back