CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he wants publicity. I've not listened to the podcast and i don't know who Chris is, but assuming (no reason to believe otherwise) he has the purest of intentions then he at least wants exposure for Kristin's case or he wouldn't be doing a podcast in the first place especially not one he "worked very hard on". There's nothing wrong with that, i don't even think there's something wrong with someone creating a podcast with profit in mind seeing as it could do good, as long as they treat the victims well and don't go around accusing people without any evidence.
Ok. Have you listened to them?

Could someone point me in the direction of “NEWS/media links only - no discussion” thread for Kristin? TIA

Also , is there any cases where the last known person with the victim/missing person is not thought to be the poi ?..

Listen to the podcast. It's terrific in my opinion.
3 separate cadaver dogs with 3 separate handlers did not hit on PF's bed and trash can in his dorm room for no reason.
Listen to the part about how they lined up a bunch of trash cans and his was hit on.
If I'm misunderstanding, please set me straight.

Can someone clear up this , did Flores or his lawyer approach the smarts lawyer and offer a deal ? Or was it the other way around ?

IIRC, the podcast host (Your Own Backyard/episode 6) stated in 1996 PF attorney went to the Smart’s attorneys with an offer- allow PF to plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter with a 6 year sentence & an agreement not to pursue him in civil court and he would lead authorities to KS body. However, the offer was quickly withdrawn by PF before the Smart family could consider.

Did/does the Flores family have money? Just curious as to how they could fight all of this......
Not sure how they would. The home values now have shot up but when they bought home prices weren’t extreme. She was a real estate agent and worked part time at the school, he serviced pay phones. I’ve looked into their extended family/history as far as I could go and there doesn’t seem to be family money either.

Listen to the podcast. It's terrific in my opinion.
3 separate cadaver dogs with 3 separate handlers did not hit on PF's bed and trash can in his dorm room for no reason.
Listen to the part about how they lined up a bunch of trash cans and his was hit on.
If I'm misunderstanding, please set me straight.

You’re correct. They wanted to make sure that the handlers were not unintentionally and subconsciously giving the dogs hints.

None of the handlers knew which dorm room PF lived in nor the areas in the dorm room that were indicated on by the other dogs. They removed the waist basket (which was indicated on) and lined it up in the hall with numerous similar looking baskets and one of the dogs indicated on the one that was from PF’s dorm room. They also removed the bed from the room and a dog indicated in the area where the bed was.

I’ve listened to all the podcasts but I couldn’t tell you which episode it is right now, though I’ll look to link it. Until then, JMO.

ETA link: ‎Your Own Backyard: Episode 02: The Only Suspect on Apple Podcasts

He discusses the dorm room search in the last 13 minutes or so of episode 2.

Edited for typo :eek:

Last edited:
"Federal agents told the San Francisco Chronicle they didn’t tell the Smart family that a break in the case would soon be announced."

"The FBI wouldn’t comment on whether an announcement is actually pending and the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office declined to comment on the case because it’s open and active."

https://nypost.com/2020/01/23/no-new-developments-in-kristin-smart-case-after-expected-announcement/

So I guess it was an ex-agent just, what, messing with her? That's all kinds of messed up. I don't get it. Why do that?

The second guy who was also walking her back from the party, the guy who was the first to leave stopped talking to police. Why would he stop talking? He's involved too, to some degree and maybe now he's talking and cutting a deal.

I believe the ex-agent had been working with them for years.
Thanks, that would make more sense. I couldn't read the whole article due to paywall. So is there a possibility this ex agent was telling the truth, or is the FBI denying that there's any foreseeable big news coming?

With regard to statute of limitations in CA is everything besides murder off the table for prosecution now? Manslaughter, rape, accessory-after-the-fact, etc?

Thanks, that would make more sense. I couldn't read the whole article due to paywall. So is there a possibility this ex agent was telling the truth, or is the FBI denying that there's any foreseeable big news coming?
I haven't read anything anywhere, where anything has been denied. The writer of the original article and Mrs. Smart both stand by the story.

Last edited:
I haven't read anything anywhere, where anything has been denied. The writer of the original article and Mrs. Smart both stand by the story.
Thanks for explaining. I hope something is more clarified soon

The second guy who was also walking her back from the party, the guy who was the first to leave stopped talking to police. Why would he stop talking? He's involved too, to some degree and maybe now he's talking and cutting a deal.
I have always wondered the same, why won’t this other guy tell his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111