CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! Finally an official statement from SLO Co. Sheriff. I wonder what Paul Flores is thinking? Watch out CA this could trigger his drinking AGAIN. Anyone in his area stay safe on the roads. In fact CA is not safe until he is locked up. IMO.

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday afternoon that they have two vehicles related to the Kristin Smart investigation now in evidence.

Snipped from article:
The sheriff's office also detailed the work that has been done on the case since it was made a priority for the department in 2011:
  • The service of 18 search warrants
  • Conducting physical evidence searches at nine separate locations
  • A complete re-examination of every item of physical evidence seized by all agencies involved in this case
  • Submission of 37 evidence items from the early days of the case for modern DNA testing
  • Recovery of 140 new items of evidence
  • Conducting 91 person to person interviews
  • The writing of 364 supplemental reports

San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office

Altogether the Sheriff’s Office has spent approximately $62,000 in investigative expenses including, but not limited to, DNA forensic testing. Additionally, the Sheriff’s Office has invested more than 7,500 employee hours since 2011 when Sheriff Parkinson took office.

This is the release that was promised today

This new information is fantastic, but hardly enough to warrant the Smart family taking some time away for themselves.

How close do you think we are to finally having justice for Kristin, the Smart family and all of her friends? I can't help to be hopeful this is where it's leading and the investigators are confident with their evidence.

Dare I say checkmate?

Edited for punctuation. :eek:

I find it VERY telling that Chris ends the podcast saying “tick tick”. That’s written by Kristin smart supporters in almost every social media post (on the Kristin smart/your own backyard/ slo county sm pages) as a direct message to pf/rf/sf implying that times up and they’ll be arrested. It wasn’t a random choice of words and it definitely makes me feel that Chris feels an arrest is coming

I find it VERY telling that Chris ends the podcast saying “tick tick”. That’s written by Kristin smart supporters in almost every social media post (on the Kristin smart/your own backyard/ slo county sm pages) as a direct message to pf/rf/sf implying that times up and they’ll be arrested. It wasn’t a random choice of words and it definitely makes me feel that Chris feels an arrest is coming
It's a given that PF can be charged with murder, but can his parents still be charged as accessories after the fact, or has the statute of limitations run out?

The green ranger was brought in from another state, but how long have they had the white one? What if it was found on rf’s property and the sheriffs seized it?
*edited to change name to initials
I thought it was the white Nissan that was recently recovered from another state in late October.

It's a given that PF can be charged with murder, but can his parents still be charged as accessories after the fact, or has the statute of limitations run out?
From what I understand is that only murder- his parents wouldn’t be legally in trouble (unless they were charged with murder as well)

With regards to the tip from the former FBI agent (and after listening to today’s podcast), I am wondering if they perhaps found blood or hair in one of the trucks and are now just waiting on forensic testing.

Except that part where they were told it’s something you won’t expect. That keeps throwing me off .

With regards to the tip from the former FBI agent (and after listening to today’s podcast), I am wondering if they perhaps found blood or hair in one of the trucks and are now just waiting on forensic testing.

Except that part where they were told it’s something you won’t expect. That keeps throwing me off .
We had no idea the trucks were a factor, maybe she didn’t either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111