CA - LA County ME Asking for the Public's Help in Identifying Woman Whose Body Found in the Dominguez Channel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Knox

Reaction score
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner is asking for the public's help in identifying a woman whose body was found in the Dominguez Channel with both legs missing.

The grim discovery was made about 7 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of Carson Plaza Drive, between the 405 Freeway and the SouthBay Pavilion Mall, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators said there were "obvious signs of trauma" on the body. The deceased woman was wearing a sleeveless, size XL, knit dress from Old Navy.

She also had a large skin tag on the right side of her torso and stretch marks on her lower abdomen.

Anyone with information was asked to call homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500 or Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

They couldn't provide any other identifying details, really?!!

A facial reconstruction would've been helpful here
This body was only found less than a week ago, and recons take time, especially if the body is decomposed and the cleaned skull is needed to work from. They don't boil heads any more to clean them, because that makes it harder to get DNA, so they have to use other methods.

MOO

Height and weight are difficult to estimate in dismemberment cases where the remains are incomplete.

Also... Depending on how long she was in the water, race may be difficult to guess without DNA testing.

MOO
I figured she couldn't be very decomposed if they could tell that she had stretch marks. Maybe that's not correct.

I do think if they had her torso and head, which I assume they do since it only says her legs were missing, that they could ball park height and weight based off of standard human proportions.

Been added to namus.

From link, thank you.

1722772939175.png
Biological SexFemale
Race / EthnicityUncertain
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Nickname/Alias--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death2024
Estimated PMI1 Weeks
Height5' 0"-6' 0"(60-72 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate

Circumstances​

TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJuly 28, 2024
NamUs Case CreatedJuly 31, 2024
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map

LocationCarson, California 90746
CountyLos Angeles County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of RecoveryThe decedent was found in the Dominguez Channel in Carson on the afternoon of 7/28/2024 and was pronounced dead at scene. Her age, race/ethnicity, height, and weight cannot be determined.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of RemainsHead not recoveredOne or more limbs not recoveredOne or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Physical Description​

Hair ColorUnknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

Item
Description