GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Netflix Documentary was very good. I’m still amazed at the grace and restraint Sharon Rocha exhibits. But shocked that the Peterson family twenty years later, still lives in complete denial.

Flash forward to 2024. Conner could be a college student at Cal Poly. Laci loved SLO, I can imagine her coming back here to visit him. Reminiscing about her own college days, meeting and marrying the man of her dreams. Looking forward to watching Connor experience that same joy in life. So much was lost.

Scott was a murderous con man. A spoiled, narcissistic, little man child, who thought everyone would believe his lies just like his Mommy and the other women in his family did. Good riddance, I don’t want to hear anything more about him, until and when, DOC announces he’s died in prison.

In the days and weeks following the Christmas Eve 2002 disappearance of his pregnant wife Laci, Scott Peterson came across as unemotional and detached, and police soon deemed him uncooperative. In his few interactions with the media—including a high-profile sit-down with Diane Sawyer—he was dispassionate and his commentary was implausible, to the point that most pundits and viewers dubbed it a disaster. Scott was so unlikable and unpersuasive that it wasn’t long before much of America hated him. Thus, following preparations for cross-examination at trial, his legal team decided to keep him off the stand, fearing a meltdown that would sabotage his chance of securing an acquittal.

Nonetheless, 21 years after he last spoke to the media, the convicted murderer opts to tell his side of the story on-camera in Face to Face with Scott Peterson. The results are, to put it mildly, less than convincing.

Full story at link...

August 19, 2024

In the days and weeks following the Christmas Eve 2002 disappearance of his pregnant wife Laci, Scott Peterson came across as unemotional and detached, and police soon deemed him uncooperative. In his few interactions with the media—including a high-profile sit-down with Diane Sawyer—he was dispassionate and his commentary was implausible, to the point that most pundits and viewers dubbed it a disaster. Scott was so unlikable and unpersuasive that it wasn’t long before much of America hated him. Thus, following preparations for cross-examination at trial, his legal team decided to keep him off the stand, fearing a meltdown that would sabotage his chance of securing an acquittal.

Nonetheless, 21 years after he last spoke to the media, the convicted murderer opts to tell his side of the story on-camera in Face to Face with Scott Peterson. The results are, to put it mildly, less than convincing.

Full story at link...

August 19, 2024
Okay several points to rehash here- 1) burglars who don't break into your house aren't likely to murder you, in fact most burglars aren't into murder, 2) the husband usually does it, 3) all the evidence points to Scott having means, motive, and opportunity to do it, 4) why would burglars go to the trouble of transporting her body so far from the crime in a broken van just to frame him??? What do they get from it? 5) once again- false sightings of Laci- other pregnant women walk dogs too. Laci wasn't wearing black and white when she was last seen.

Last edited:
I know this is not a popular opinion. I just want to say that I am certainly not trying to offend or outrage anyone with my opinion either. I believe that Scott Peterson is innocent. I was hoping when I watched the Netflix documentary that it would provide additional insight, evidence, information, etc. about this case that would solidify my belief of his innocence or change my mind. Sadly, as much as I enjoyed the documentary, it did not support my belief or make me think differently.

I know this is not a popular opinion. I just want to say that I am certainly not trying to offend or outrage anyone with my opinion either. I believe that Scott Peterson is innocent. I was hoping when I watched the Netflix documentary that it would provide additional insight, evidence, information, etc. about this case that would solidify my belief of his innocence or change my mind. Sadly, as much as I enjoyed the documentary, it did not support my belief or make me think differently.
What makes you think he's innocent?

What makes you think he's innocent?

For me, it is the following:
  • There is 0 direct evidence linking Scott to the murder of his wife. Zero. There is no DNA, blood, forensics, etc. linking him to this crime.
  • His behaviour when she went missing and during the investigation/search efforts - Of course, I can agree, his behaviour is odd at best. But as someone who has been through significant loss, I know this - no matter the circumstances, you absolutely can't judge someone based on their behaviour and outward appearances when there is a loss/someone is missing/ etc. That isn't evidence he is a murderer. People handle extreme experiences and situations vastly differently to cope with what is happening.
  • His affair with Amber - personally, I feel, as soon as it was made public he was an adulterer, the heat especially from the media was cranked and this truly felt like the turning point where everyone said "He did it" Remember, before this information was made public and Amber made her statement, even Laci's family was defending Scott from any involvement
  • His calling Amber at the Vigil - again, I don't think this guy is a Saint. He is a cheater and liar, 100%. That move was in extremely poor taste BUT as hard as it is for any of us to understand, it was his escape from the media, the attention on him, Laci missing with their unborn child, etc. I would probably want to escape into something else if I was dealing with all of that too
  • His death penalty has been overturned due to inappropriate jury selection
  • The LA Innocence Project has taken on his case to request a new trial which, in itself, indicates, like the evidence they have, that something is amiss here

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back