GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now, the 51-year-old has been granted access to crucial evidence by a California judge in a bombshell ruling that could open the door to reevaluation of the case that has captured nationwide attention.

Peterson is now allowed a discovery period on the basis of California Penal Code 1054.9 - which gives discovery rights to defendants who were convicted of serious or violent felonies and sentenced to 15 or more years in jail.

The code allows the defendant access to materials 'in possession of the prosecution and law enforcement authorities to which the same defendant would have been entitled at the time of trial.

Now, the 51-year-old has been granted access to crucial evidence by a California judge in a bombshell ruling that could open the door to reevaluation of the case that has captured nationwide attention.

Peterson is now allowed a discovery period on the basis of California Penal Code 1054.9 - which gives discovery rights to defendants who were convicted of serious or violent felonies and sentenced to 15 or more years in jail.

The code allows the defendant access to materials 'in possession of the prosecution and law enforcement authorities to which the same defendant would have been entitled at the time of trial.
So what? He gets to re-examine the same old evidence. How in any way is this a 'bombshell"??? To me it's not!

It also wouldn't be unfathomable for the State to claim that the transcripts differ from the Defence' transcripts even if it was minor, irrelevant details. And unless we know exactly what those details are and have proof of that, IMO, this argument doesn't stand. And I also don't understand why people tend to "attack" or focus on the Petersons. Here is a family convinced that Scott is innocent so of course they are going to do whatever they can to defend him. If I thought a family member of mine was innocent in any type of crime but especially one as heinous as murder, I would do the same. I wouldn't rest. I see too much rhetoric of people coming after the Peterson family and I don't understand it. Of course they are trying to defend him. They believe him to be innocent and this is his family.

Let's be real here - unless something specific like DNA or a confession or what have you comes to light that Scott is the person who did it, we don't know. I don't know he is innocent. You don't know he is guilty. We are all going on what evidence is available to the public. Period. We don't know. There is not one person that is right or wrong in this discussion. The only person right now that knows whether or not Scott is innocent is... Scott.
Actually, the twelve people on the jury who convicted him know that he's Guilty. He's already had his fair trial. The judge and prosecutors know it too and so does the general public.

Actually, the twelve people on the jury who convicted him know that he's Guilty. He's already had his fair trial. The judge and prosecutors know it too and so does the general public.
True dat! Much ado about nadda! Bombshell (TCO rolling her eyes)

I guess they'll do most anything just to keep his name out there. Only time I'll be glad to see his name is in the obits. Sorry, not sorry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T
Back