GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
annrulefan said:
Sharon Rocha is on Larry King Live now. 12-12-06 Just thought you might want to know
Keep me posted. I own a TV but have no reception. Sharon Rocha is heroic IMO.

Not alot of new information. Sharon's book "For Laci" just came out in paperback, I guess today? Sharon and her husband Ron were both on. It will be 4 years this year since Laci's murder, and of course Christmas is very hard for both. They both, as always, come across with such grace. They are truly remarkable!

windovervocalcords said:
Keep me posted. I own a TV but have no reception. Sharon Rocha is heroic IMO.
wovc--- go to the parking lot- the scott peterson thread--- Topgunner did a play by play that was right on the money- I watched the show, then read what tg posted--- didnt miss a beat-- fyi :twocents:

Looks like the guy who bought the house to make some money because of the noteriety just took a loss of 40k....lol He paid 390k and is selling it for 350k and didn't he do some remodeling? He had to take the offer or be foreclosed. What goes around comes around, as they say.

Speaking of the Peterson case, I just finished reading We the Jury.
It's written by seven of the jurors who convicted Scott.
It's an interesting book to hear the side we didn't see, what the jury went through and thought of the proceedings.
Seems a good number of them suffered trauma after serving on such a long and sad trial.
Anyone else read this book?

azwriter said:
It's an interesting book to hear the side we didn't see, what the jury went through and thought of the proceedings.
Seems a good number of them suffered trauma after serving on such a long and sad trial.
I thought the book was not out yet? I want to buy it.

Truama?--wouldn't surprise me--I cannot imagine sitting in a courtroom for months listening to all that crap--remember how many phone conversations between Scott and Amber that those poor jurors had to listen to? and to have to listen to Geragos for even 5 minutes would put me over the edge

azwriter said:
HI az. I don't know how much discussion there is but here you go!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45314

Hi AZwriter-
I am at the very end of the book-will probably finish it tonight. I found the insight into the jurors POV very interesting. The writers weren't the greatest but definately worth the read.

richandfamous said:
Looks like the guy who bought the house to make some money because of the noteriety just took a loss of 40k....lol He paid 390k and is selling it for 350k and didn't he do some remodeling? He had to take the offer or be foreclosed. What goes around comes around, as they say.
When you consider closing costs, and commissions, the owner (Roberts) lost considerably more than 40K. Reduced from the original asking price of $479,000, to $350,000; at $350,000, the home is still not underpriced; the $390,000 that Roberts paid for it, in July of 2005, was too much.

mymeow said:
Hi AZwriter-
I am at the very end of the book-will probably finish it tonight. I found the insight into the jurors POV very interesting. The writers weren't the greatest but definately worth the read.
What a beautiful baby mymeow!!:D

I am a tad behind the eight ball here and just got "For Laci" for Christmas- read half of it yesterday...intend to finish it by or sometime tomorrow- I can't put it down, nor can I stop looking at her brilliant smile and becoming so sad about her belief and enthusiasm for life and the pleasures of it all-especially the normal, everyday joys it can bring...makes me extremely upset again and angry at her no for good husband. I agree with Sharon...divorce was always an option....not sure she, or we, will ever get the entire answers we so desire but I also realize, nothing will bring her back and after losing a good friend this summer to a sudden heart attack (he was only 41), I can understand how hard the reality is, that this is not some mistake that will be rectified- but reality that has to be faced.....a real punch in the gut, ya know-even when I realize and know that his ending was so much more different and unintentional- nevertheless...neither one are coming back... all I can say is if you are listening above- Laci, Colin, loved nothing better than a good friend who cooked a good meal to share with him- in fact, he will bring the wine, I am sure- enjoy!

Sorry to get OT... will look to read this new book soon too.

Happy soon-to-be-New Year- all!

Peter Hamilton said:
Truama?--wouldn't surprise me--I cannot imagine sitting in a courtroom for months listening to all that crap--remember how many phone conversations between Scott and Amber that those poor jurors had to listen to? and to have to listen to Geragos for even 5 minutes would put me over the edge

Years ago, I was a juror on a lengthy (though not as lengthy) murder trial. But one where the victim was not nearly so heart-wrenching and where there was relatively little publicity. It was incredibly stressful nonetheless and I went home most days with a splitting headache.

I can't imagine what it's like on a high-profile case like SP's.

michelle said:
I thought the book was not out yet? I want to buy it.
My hubbby ordered it for me as a Christmas gift from Amazon with the idea I would get it in January. But surprise! a week before Christmas he received an e-mail telling him the book had been shipped in time for Christmas. I finished it in 2 days.
One of the things in the book that surprised me was that one of the jurors is writting to Scott in prison in hope he will confess.
Also the members in the beginning of the trial couldn't believe Scott could possibly be a killer. That all changed when they got to hear the recording between Scott and Amber. They make it clear it wasn't Amber's testimony, but the tapes that turned the jury around.

Makes me wonder if SP was hoping to glean some "inner sanctum" tidbits from a juror hoping that perhaps he could win an appeal based on some (if any) questionable actions, etc. on the part of the jury.

I think it would be prudent for Strawberry to QUIT writing him. I guess I'm just surprised that this SP thing has "traumatized" her to the extent that it did. I understand that she's having some other issues in her life right now but.........

But then again, perhaps I should start writing Charles Manson so I can get a firm grasp on the meaning of life. :crazy:

The one with the pink hair annoyed me she seemed to be sympathetic to him when I saw an interview with her on TV.

Makes me wonder if SP was hoping to glean some "inner sanctum" tidbits from a juror hoping that perhaps he could win an appeal based on some (if any) questionable actions, etc. on the part of the jury.
This could be very well his reason for writing to her. I wonder how it would play with a judge to have a juror on the case to be engaging the person she helped put away. Could it play into an appeal in some way? I would have to think it possible.

She is a foolish person and is playing a high stakes game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay