GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lana's "friend" contradicted herself with every sentence. I did not believe her.

I can't believe Sara Caplan is going to testify. Can't wait to see it.

I can't believe Sara Caplan is going to testify. Can't wait to see it.

Has she agreed? I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info, last I heard, her appeal had been turned down. If she refused then the judge would send her to jail, if after a certain amount of time, she still refused, then they would play her taped interview.

Has she agreed? I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info, last I heard, her appeal had been turned down. If she refused then the judge would send her to jail, if after a certain amount of time, she still refused, then they would play her taped interview.
It’s a go.
The judge calls Caplan into the well of the courtroom. She is wearing a black pants suit and clutching a tissue.
Fidler says, “I need to ask you: Are you prepared now to testify?”
Slight pause. Caplan looks at her attorney and then back at the judge.
“Yes, your honor,” she says.
She will be on the stand at 1:30 p.m. PT. -- Harriet Ryan
http://blog.courttv.com/phil_spector/
from the court tv reporters blog.

It’s a go.
The judge calls Caplan into the well of the courtroom. She is wearing a black pants suit and clutching a tissue.
Fidler says, “I need to ask you: Are you prepared now to testify?”
Slight pause. Caplan looks at her attorney and then back at the judge.
“Yes, your honor,” she says.
She will be on the stand at 1:30 p.m. PT. -- Harriet Ryan
http://blog.courttv.com/phil_spector/
from the court tv reporters blog.

Very cool, now she can't invoke her fifth amendment can she? :doh:

I wonder how Lee feels, knowing she's not going to take one for the team. :D

Ex-Spector Lawyer Testifies

A former lawyer for Phil Spector reluctantly testified under threat of jail Thursday that she saw a defense forensic expert pick up a small white object at the scene of Lana Clarkson's death. Sara Caplan said the object was not the size of a missing piece of the actress' fingernail.
Called by the prosecution in Spector's murder trial, Caplan gave essentially the same story she had in a previous hearing without jurors present, but this time used a diagram to compare sizes.
She said she saw famous forensic scientist Henry Lee pick up an item about 1 inch in circumference with rough edges and put it in a vial. She said she never saw the item again.
Under questioning by defense lawyer Linda Kenney-Baden, Caplan drew a small diagram of the item, then looked at a photo of the dead woman's hand missing a fragment of acrylic nail from the thumb. Caplan said the item was larger than the missing nail fragment.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/12/ap3910097.html

Well HALLO Mr. (Dr.) Chucklehead:

>>"The bottom line is I did not take a fingernail," he told The Associated Press earlier this week. "But they made it a smoke screen." Lee flew to China on a business trip Tuesday.<<

Okay...so if this wasn't a fingernail, then what was the "something" that a defense attorney saw you pick up and NEVER notify the prosecution about?

>>Lee, meanwhile, now says he probably won't testify in the case, suggesting the attack on him by prosescutors was designed to keep him off the witness stand.<<

Oh no...it isn't the prosecution keeping you off the stand, I am SURE they would love it if you showed up there! Go to the witness stand, let them ask you about what you say you never picked up. They aren't trying to keep you off the witness stand. The TRUTH is keeping you off of it, but wait a minute...perhaps you aren't into the truth? And...do you think we believe for one hot second that the defense would NOT insist that you go to the witness stand if they felt you were credible?

W
PS. Just my schtinking opinion!

PSS. Bon Voyage and good riddants

I'm going to miss the testimony every day since I've gone back to work, but here's part of an interesting article regarding Sara Caplan! :)

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-spector12jul12,0,7778107.story?coll=la-home-local

A former lawyer for Phil Spector must testify before the jury in the music producer's murder trial, the state Supreme Court ruled today.

Without comment, the state's top court declined to hear an appeal from Sara Caplan, who has been held in contempt for refusing to testify before the jury in the Spector case. The action, in effect, rejects the appeal.

Ditto here Panthera, I have missed a lot of the testimony this week, and the way things are going here on the homefront, isn't going to get better for my trial addition! :doh: I too have been referring to the media reports, no time for CTTV or any live streams.

Here is an interesting link tho, LOL tells all and with a bit of humor to go along with it!

http://thedarwinexception.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/ca-vs-spector-caplan-capitulates-as-lee-flees/

The cast of characters the defense has been streaming out daily just couldn't be more hysterical! LOL I doubt some of these witnesses I have read about are helping the defense. Comes to mind, LooneyToons! LOL

SC's loss of memory is not believable, not to me anyway! Can't remember where she found the missing object! :liar: Also she knew all along what was misssing from Lana's nail, and also never mentioned there were a lot of white things on the floor. Well, I guess SC and the defense have had several weeks to pour over the matter to see what little hole they might try to climb out of.

Anyone have any ideas as to what will transpire next regarding the missing possible evidence?

Well no trial tomorrow, so makes more time to read about the Loons! LOL

What happened to LisaFreemont? I enjoyed her reviews and opinions on the trial.

Have a good weekend Everyone! :)

La Mer ~ that is too good! thanks for the link :) Personally I sometimes think a public defender could do a better job than these lawyers are, but I have to remember just who the client is and there isn't much to work with. I still don't think they need to trash Lana though. :banghead:

HEY WAIT A MINUTE!

Where is Lisa... WHERE ARE YOU LISA????

And...where will this trial go. I really wish I could have watched this last weeks dregs... I say dregs, because this is almost like we are playing games with short days, short weeks, time off for weddings and funerals etc. What about getting down to business?

W

Anybody watching?

Did Punkin Pie have a financial interest in witnessing for the defense?

HALP, where are all of you?

W

Where is Lisa... WHERE ARE YOU LISA????

W

I too was wondering WHERE did Lisa go??? I really enjoyed reading her updates on this trial... :waitasec:

Yes - I'm watching the trial from work... just listening, and working - otherwise I would be typing up what is being said...

Anybody watching?

W

W[/quote]

Punkin Lie, I mean Pie says no BUT Jackson on cross and recross examination, busted her elusive azz BIG time.

1. Her current all exclusive promoting gigs has narrowed down to only one club now . . . and one of Expectorate's very good friend is a main investor in that club . . . AND she has been a friend of said investor for at least 10 years. She admits that said friend adores the "lizarded-tongue mongrol of 60 plus years ago musical genius ".

2. She admits she spoke to a publisher after Lana's death but she claims only because she was seeking advice on how to handle the public media . . . EVEN though Lana's family requested her to not make this event into a media circus and to refuse all interview by them. My question . . .did she REALLY need a PUBLISHING FIRM to CLARIFY this for her? :doh: She further stated that the book was about her, albeit she would focuse about her life from the time Lana died and thereon; adding her "life" was all about Lana and it ended when Lana died. I think I'm going to throw up. :sick:

Jeeeeeezus this woman-wanna-be is pathetic. Wouldn't answer if she plans to write a tell all after she is through testifying.

This botox losing "friend" of Lana's went from a low cut v-neck blouse displaying sagging breasts, with a chirrpy attitude on Thursday, to a "Mrs Hyde" donning a high neck shirt and a "now let me show you how devastated I am" role. today. Absofreakinglutely pathetic . . .

Want to fly to L.A and biotch slap this "I need my 15 minutes" loser. :slap:

Hope this helps W

W
Punkin Lie, I mean Pie says no BUT Jackson on cross and recross examination, busted her elusive azz BIG time.

1. Her current all exclusive promoting gigs has narrowed down to only one club now . . . and one of Expectorate's very good friend is a main investor in that club . . . AND she has been a friend of said investor for at least 10 years. She admits that said friend adores the "lizarded-tongue mongrol of 60 plus years ago musical genius ".

2. She admits she spoke to a publisher after Lana's death but she claims only because she was seeking advice on how to handle the public media . . . EVEN though Lana's family requested her to not make this event into a media circus and to refuse all interview by them. My question . . .did she REALLY need a PUBLISHING FIRM to CLARIFY this for her? :doh: She further stated that the book was about her, albeit she would focuse about her life from the time Lana died and thereon; adding her "life" was all about Lana and it ended when Lana died. I think I'm going to throw up. :sick:

Jeeeeeezus this woman-wanna-be is pathetic. Wouldn't answer if she plans to write a tell all after she is through testifying.

This botox losing "friend" of Lana's went from a low cut v-neck blouse displaying sagging breasts, with a chirrpy attitude on Thursday, to a "Mrs Hyde" donning a high neck shirt and a "now let me show you how devastated I am" role. today. Absofreakinglutely pathetic . . .

Want to fly to L.A and biotch slap this "I need my 15 minutes" loser. :slap:

Hope this helps W

GoodMorning!

Hi Acts, WOW great post and Thank You, as I have been missing the trial for about a week now due to company. I tried to read last night about her day in court yesterday, but your post puts it all in context for me. Loved AJ exposing her for what she is and what she did! Punkin LOL, what can I say LOL! She doesn't know the difference between the P and the D? Dumber than dumb huh?

I read a post at the other place, where a poster now believes there is reasonable doubt after hearing from Punkin LMBO--shoot her! :bang: Doesn't that make you really wonder about the poster?

I'm so enjoying this trial, but I must say, it is summertime and all ya know! My heart aches for Lana and her family, but to dwell on PS non stop, I have decided to not be so obsessed with the trail. I realized it is really bad when I find myself dreaming about this trial.

I will be able to watch some of it today tho, Yea!

A quick recap of today (since I missed it and had to read up!) :D

Clarkson was despondent, friend says

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-spector17jul17,0,2071884.story?coll=la-home-local

and here's another article about the testimony with a photo of the witness

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/071607_ctv.html

Panthera thanks for the links. Surfing around I found another great article by thedarwinexception, which is fantastic!

CA vs. Spector - A More Modest Slice of Pie
Posted by thedarwinexception on July 16th, 2007

tde terms pie's breasts as elongated zucchini gourds :woohoo: Anyone ever see a smashed up busted pumpkin in the garden? That is the picture I see with Pie's testimony so far!

This is a must read!

-snippet-

And that wasn’t the only “slip of the tongue” or “slip of the mind” Pie had on direct examination. At one point Rosen was asking her about a specific phone call, and Pie offered “You mean after the murder? Oh, I mean, after the shooting?” Unfortunate, that. But again, I really think that’s the way Pie thinks of the event in her mind, as “the murder”. Otherwise, why would that phrase be the one topmost in her mind when she is casually thinking of it or referring to it? I mean, I think that’s a little like calling your husband by another man’s name after 4 years of marriage. That would be a little “odd”, don’t you think? And a little telling?

http://thedarwinexception.wordpress.com/

Anybody watching?

W

I, of course as you all know, because I whine constantly about it, am not able to watch the trial from work. :(

I have to depend on you here. After reading the posts and the link posted, my first thought was, that this Punkin's testimony was bought and paid for. The meladramtics, my goodness.

It's always awful with these celebrity cases, because so many wannabe's take the advantage of testifying and making it their acting audition on the stand.

I'm sorry, but my opinion is, there not a chance in H_LL, that Lanna committed suicide... Not in that fashion and not in a stranger's house, no matter who it was... Unless she felt it was better than having to be forced to have sex with the likes of him. Oh, sorry!

He's really quite freightening looking

the commentators keep saying HOW odd it is that Phil is looking a little drugged today.... LOL! :slap: that's ON PURPOSE!!!! IMO at least!! LOL! :D

Panthera thanks for the links. Surfing around I found another great article by thedarwinexception, which is fantastic!

CA vs. Spector - A More Modest Slice of Pie
Posted by thedarwinexception on July 16th, 2007

tde terms pie's breasts as elongated zucchini gourds :woohoo: Anyone ever see a smashed up busted pumpkin in the garden? That is the picture I see with Pie's testimony so far!

This is a must read!

-snippet-

And that wasn’t the only “slip of the tongue” or “slip of the mind” Pie had on direct examination. At one point Rosen was asking her about a specific phone call, and Pie offered “You mean after the murder? Oh, I mean, after the shooting?” Unfortunate, that. But again, I really think that’s the way Pie thinks of the event in her mind, as “the murder”. Otherwise, why would that phrase be the one topmost in her mind when she is casually thinking of it or referring to it? I mean, I think that’s a little like calling your husband by another man’s name after 4 years of marriage. That would be a little “odd”, don’t you think? And a little telling?

http://thedarwinexception.wordpress.com/
Oh, this article is good!! She sure doesn't sound very believable to me and now I really wish I'd been able to see this testimony. I did read about her talking about being so despondent herself after Lana's death that she didn't get out of bed for almost a year? Gosh, Lana really must have been some very close friend!! And this kind of reaction contradicts her supposed belief that Lana killed herself, imo. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back