GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, oh Lynn, Kween of Links!!!
Very sweet. I am now back until 5:30ish when I have to leave the screen again, drat!!
I see we are still in direct of Lynn Herold.

Is that 5:30 ET (2:30 PST)? If it is, hopefully FB will continue her updates past that time and hopefully I'll copy that information. In the meantime, here are some additional links to the testimony you missed until now. :)

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017239#post10017239

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017364#post10017364

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017405#post10017405

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017434#post10017434

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017466#post10017466

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017510#post10017510

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=10017538#post10017538

Thanks again, Lynn. I have read through those posts and I find that Dr H's findings are just devastating for the defense. Extremely powerful.

Wow!!

That must have been a lot of work, Lynn, and I really appreciate it.

I think this cross is going to be very entertaining if done by LKB.

As to what happened that night. I think that when he shot her he was very shocked. And after he walked back inside after telling Adriano what he did and saw her slumped in the chair and the blood and the reality of it hit him he panicked. Being the sociopath that I believe he is he never gave a thought to helping her, hence no 911 calls, and he prolly also realized she was beyond help. And he set about to wish it away. And that explains the attempted clean up.

Oh, dear, Rosen is up and whining.

snip...
4) GSR -- LKB: "Absence" on PS

**No, not an absence, a reduction, easily explained by the 40 mins. bet. the shooting and his arrest and the oppty to wash, wipe and remove it.

wonder if there might be GSR on that diaper - he wipes his hands first, then wipes blood from Lana's face...

Lisafremont said:
5) teeth-- location of fragments proves no one was in front of her

**We know that PS went upstairs (blood on bannister, jacket found upstairs, he was seen in the upstairs by LE) and tooth fragments might have fallen off him on the way up the stairs.

weren't there fragments of teeth/enamel found on the stair case??

lisa said:
Hand tremors? What better way to steady his hand than sticking the muzzle in her mouth??

YIKES!!!! :eek: :eek:

Great counter points on LKB's OS, Lisa!! I too don't know the 10th one...

so... the commentator just said that Sara Caplan will be heard tomorrow - Friday - will we be able to 'see' this??? Anyone know?

TIA!

Niner, I doubt it. I believe tomorrow's court with SC consists only of her filing a writ of appeal. Won't be on camera, I wouldn't think.

I see LKB going after Dr H very aggressively but I believe that Dr H is a very deliberate, very precise scientist and will not be bullied by LKB.

Thanks LaMer for the link. Sprocket gives that final point, which LKB continued after the lunch break. Scroll down @ 1/2 way at the link below to where it starts ..... Baden continues her opening statement. She talks about the actual position of the gun is really unknown, because it could easily have been moved during the “take down” of Phil in his “narrow, only ten feet wide entrance hallway.”

It's LE's fault, don't ya know, that the gun wound up where it is. :rolleyes:

http://www.truecrimesolvers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3818

Lynn, glad to help out! :) yeah, don't ya know, got it, but wasn't the defense thrown off their claim as one of the witnessed testified, the gun was there, seen there before the scuffle with PS, and the wires did not move the gun? I miss things sometime, but almost definetly remember that testimony. I don't think the D will snow this jury as I think we have a very astute jury. :) I know you don't believe it, I am checking my memory! :waitasec:

May I just say that this morning Vinnie has explained a great deal with his choice of favorite Phil Spector song and rather than "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" or even "To Know Him is to Love Him" or "Uptown" Vinnie picked "Pretty Little Angel Eyes" because of the lyrics.
Pretty little angel eyes uh!
Pretty little angel eyes uh!
Pretty little angel
Pretty little angel
Pretty little
Pretty little
oo oo oo oo oo oo ooh oo oo ooh
oo oo oo oo oo oo ooh oo oo ooh
da da da da!
doo doo doo doo doo doo do!
do do do do do!
doo doo doo doo doo doo do!
do do do do
ya ya ya ya ya!

I'm not kidding. Those are the lyrics as I remember them.

I can not say how enamored I am of Dr Herold. This lady brings science down to our level that makes sense! She is strong enough to effectively challenge smoke and mirrors by the Def. Her asking LKB yesterday " And your point is?" was priceless.
:blowkiss: for Dr H!

JMHO

Hugs,

Anna

Yes, LaMer, Anita claimed that Phil would order a lot of drinks, not drink them so he could leave a large tip. She also suggested that he could order 1000 drinks and only consume one or two.
Anita makes perfect sense if you're named Millie or Joan. ;)

Anita was also the very person who said on CTV that PS was a wonderful Father to his kids... I bet that was big news to the sons he locked up like animals then disowned. That statement rt there made me realize how steeped in denial Anita is about PS....

JMHO

Hugs,
Anna

I'm not Lisa, but I can tell you that Anita Talbot was interviewed on tv....The Best Defense if I'm not mistaken so there isn't a written record of it anywhere that I'm aware of.

darn!! :( Sounds interesting! Oh well... Thanks blondekj! :)

Niner--- She's BAAAAACK!!!

She's claiming that Lana was depressed on the one hand and then she speculates that she was dancing around and singing with the gun in her mouth in the other.

She also claims to have many letters of support from women and Jami says she is indeed "courageous" to support her friend.

:rolleyes:

Anita said that Lana "needed a job"

Really, Anita? She HAD a job.

And she was acting for Phil and had the gun in her mouth. "Phil may have been upstairs for all I know."

The key phrase being "for all I know." And that's where Jami said, "But, Anita, then how do you explain the high-velocity blood spatter on Phil's jacket, particularly on the BACK of his sleeves which showed he was within inches of her face and his hands were raised??"

Ah, no. That must be Bizarro World Jami. THIS Jami wants Anita to come back read her letters from Millie and Joan and Cappy and Kathryn and Geezer to lucky us.

:sick:

Anita said that Lana "needed a job"

Really, Anita? She HAD a job.

And she was acting for Phil and had the gun in her mouth. "Phil may have been upstairs for all I know."

The key phrase being "for all I know." And that's where Jami said, "But, Anita, then how do you explain the high-velocity blood spatter on Phil's jacket, particularly on the BACK of his sleeves which showed he was within inches of her face and his hands were raised??"

Ah, no. That must be Bizarro World Jami. THIS Jami wants Anita to come back read her letters from Millie and Joan and Cappy and Kathryn and Geezer to lucky us.

:sick:

Hey Lisa, there's a couple more now, but I suspect a bit of nic switching. Regardless they post like they're teenies anyway....

To quote the venerable Dr Lynn Herold, "It is, what it is".

:clap:

And Darren Kavenoky (sp?) tells Jami that he believes in the Starbucks question. That one of the jurors sees Bruce Cutler in Starbucks and says, "Hey, Bruce, now that it's over, what was the deal?" And THAT is the essence of reasonable doubt to Darren. That the DA has to explain every little detail of what happened or else the jury acquits.

Wha?????

EXACTLY what happened that night before Christmas when Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife Laci? Did he strangle or smother her? Did he knock her out first? Or did he drown her in the pool? Do we know? NO! Did that matter?

Heck, no!!

And the same can be said for other convicted killers who maintain their innocence and do not tell us exactly how they did the deed. That doesn't mean we give them a pass.

Idiots!!! Idiots!!!!!!

Howdy All,

First of all, Lisa girl, wanted to give you a "bravo" on the 10 points (minus one.) Yup...and let's hope that the prosecution reads around for things that affect people's minds so that they can scoop up any thing they might have missed and that might be needed to help affect the jury.

Also, Spydernweb wrote:
>>Dr Herold also testified to the fact that LC was wiped down because there was blood smear under blood flow patterns. That cannot happen naturally, someone (PS) had to wipe LC's face as LC was dead instantly and noone else was there.<<

So important... This point seems so important... You have a guy wiping down a dead woman's face and then not calling 911 and then being combative when the "hitler-like" (in his words) police show up. Every time I think of his use of that term it peeves me.

Why wipe something down? Is this "first aid"? If you are not accompanying it with a call to 911, then "what are you thinking?" Do I recall Dr. Herold indicating that the diaper blood had clots, and that those indicated a wiping 3 minutes after the fact? The wiping down without a call to 911 seems absolutely positive for a crime, not an accident.

AND...on CTV today... I was half asleep as I watched, but is there some mention of PS having said, "all women deserve a bullet in their head" or some such to someone, was it the police or someone else? Did anyone hear that today? The prosecution has evidently tried to get something in on this previously, and is trying again? What is this? Anyone know more about this?

Yes... Dr. Herold, boy can looks deceive (shame on me!!! for ever looking, where are my blinders!!)... That woman has ended up impressing me in a HUGE way. She seems to be full of barrels of wisdom and mental acuity. I wonder how many times she has had to sit on the witness stand, she appears so relaxed and self confident.

I'm thinking of a couple of things too... LKB standing there at some point using her arms (as if to indicate a huge explosion of blood squirting from a victim), seemingly angled toward the jury, and saying "62 inches, 62 inches" the blood can squirt/splatter. Then, at a later point in time her asking Dr. Herold about some medical paper with some expert saying that blood could spatter X amount of feet (was it 5 feet?) Dr. Herold stuck to her guns, "I am not aware of that in the paper." Had it been me (and it is good it wasn't), I might have had to say, "Could you show me the portion of text where this guy says that, in its context?" Of course, LKB didn't produce it and say, "See here, is that what this says?" Instead, it was tossing in crap without its context...try to sling some doubt.

Then...LKB pressing Dr. Herold about the amount of blood in a sponge when shooting it (for test splatters) as affecting how far the blood might go... It seems that I recall a very wry smile hitting Dr. Herold's face at that point, as if to say, "You've got to be kidding...do you think I am an idiot?" And again, when LKB asked something to the effect of "Do you know the difference between distance and splatter" (or some such.) The question was beyond dumb...

Now then... Just how far would a droplet of blood of the size that hit PS's jacket be able to travel when projected in any fashion (upward, parallel, downward)? And...what would be the pattern of its trajectory? Surely it would launch straight out, then begin curving downward in a fall. How high up on PS jacket was the blood i.e. in what of any number of positions (standing, kneeling, or even laying) might he have been near LC to be hit as he was? Was there a "downward" look to the spatters, were they dropping when they hit him at a supposed 5 feet away (more likely 2 or 3)? What is the likelihood that a particle that size could have been launched 5 feet away in a parallel fashion... Those things hit him where, in a position on the jacket that was about 3 feet above ground (assuming he was standing)? AND again, I hope the prosecution pounds that there was not blood on the carpet in between where a "5ft away" PS is being proposed to have been standing. YEAH RIGHT! The particles spattered and only hit his jacket, nothing else....

It certainly seems that one picture or graph is worth a thousand words... Has anyone shown a picture or graph of X sized splatter trajectory to any distance AND that which would happen in between the object hit and the source of the splatter? Why not tie that one in a knot.

It seems that the prosecution could have called in someone to tie this particular issue in a knot with a testing graphic. AND I hope that this one bites the defense in the butt...

W

Stupid CDA TH on with Jack Ford today saying that Spector's having a history of pulling guns on women is meaningless because they were not shot. Not the first time I have heard this piffle.

I can analogize it to a habitual drunk driver. He has driven drunk 20 times without a crash and one night he plows into a family's car and kills them all.

Would you say that he didn't do it because he had driven drunk 20 times and never killed anyone?

This TH's heart is bleeding over this man's being put away for the rest of his life when there is no proof.

:rolleyes:

Howdy All,

~snipped~

AND...on CTV today... I was half asleep as I watched, but is there some mention of PS having said, "all women deserve a bullet in their head" or some such to someone, was it the police or someone else? Did anyone hear that today? The prosecution has evidently tried to get something in on this previously, and is trying again? What is this? Anyone know more about this?

W

Hey there Wrinkles! This will help explain, the obnoxious words :eek: were allegedly made by none other than the defendant!

Controversial statements

Remember a time before crime death-scene evidence? A time before paper bindles and alleles and mist-like misting blood, when individuals got on the stand and talked about what people said and did?

Well, you’ll have to cast your memory back to those golden days to understand a motion filed today by the prosecution. The government is making a second run at getting the testimony of one Vincent Tannazzo before the jury. Vince doesn’t know DNA, bullet wipe or intra-oral wounds, but he claims another significant credential: knowledge of Phil Spector, drunk and mouthing off about hurting women with guns.

Tannazzo, a retired NYPD officer, says that in the mid-1990s, he was working security at Joan Rivers’ annual Christmas party when Spector made a very profane and very disturbing statement about women. In part, he allegedly said, “They all deserve to die. They all deserve a bullet in their f------ head ... that’s why I got permits for all over. Wherever I go, I always keep a gun, because these f------ c----, they’re all no f------ good.”

Judge Fidler ruled it was inadmissible back in April, largely because of what he described as “that word.” You know the one. It’s so offensive, Fidler said, we’d have to question jurors about their reaction to it in voir dire. However, the judge warned back then, if the defense opens the door to it, it may come in.

The prosecution thinks the defense nudged the door open in their cross-examinations of Spector’s exes and pseudo-exes by repeatedly painting the defendant as a gentleman who treated women with respect. Questioning Kathy Sullivan, for example, a defense attorney called Spector “a constant gentleman” and “very much a gentleman,” who was “very fatherly”and “very mannerly” towards her. Notably, Sullivan heartily agreed with these assessments.

Lawyers asked similar questions and got similar answers from Rommie Davis, his high school chum, and Diane Ogden, his former employee.

“The defendant’s statements to Vincent Tannazzo show that the defendant was not always kind and gentlemanly in his attitude towards women. They show that he carried guns not to protect women, but instead to threaten them,” Jackson wrote.

As far as “that word,” the prosecutor says, the jury already heard it when Stephanie Jennings (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame after-party goes south) played the threatening voice-mails Spector left.

Judge Fidler has scheduled arguments for Tuesday afternoon. -- Harriet Ryan

http://blog.courttv.com/phil_spector/2007/06/controversial-s.html#comments

So another door might have been opened by our Dream Team! :p LOL JF hearing arguments on Tuesday! :)

I'm not sure, but would this be the 3rd door?

(Anyone having trouble getting in here? Night before last was a no go, then last night after trying and trying, I finally made it, but then I was not able to post!) f r u s t r a t i n g

ps--I couldn't believe Anita was back today! LOL Jamie's new best friend!

So another door might have been opened by our Dream Team! :p LOL JF hearing arguments on Tuesday! :)

I'm not sure, but would this be the 3rd door?

Hey, LaMer!!
Third?? You are not giving the Dream Team enough credit!! They could be a team of Door Men the way they regularly open those doors and AJ and PD march through!!

Shall we count them??
1) Aggressive Qing of Adriano opens door to
police video of ADS at scene (with roaring fountain)
2) Aggressive Qing of Dr Pena about chipped nail opens door to
Sara Caplan's testimony not in rebuttal of HL but in Pros. CIC
3) Qing of Kathy Sullivan opens door to
"Elmer Fudd" testimony

I know there is AT LEAST one more, prolly two but I can't bring them up at the moment and I can't search the PS forum at CTV but if you can, you can find the many lists we started over there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back