CA CA - Lance Perkins, 43, San Diego, 23 Oct 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gosh, that's terrible. Sometimes I really hate people. He seems like the nicest guy, and he's good looking, and is adventurous. I'm surprised he doesn't have a spouse. I suppose because he is nice, people take advantage of him. Maybe he needs a strong partner to keep things like that from happening.

Do you know where in the canyon they think he might have fallen? Have there been searches? Why is there no MSM coverage?

He certainly does seem like a nice guy!

LE hasn't said where they thought he might have fallen. Lance was said to have walked west on Dickinson. On the map Dickinson curves south at the canyon and runs parallel and close to it briefly. So I figure that's the location they're thinking. The canyon is steep and deep...seems to have lots of trees, so it's hard to see into it. I think it would also be very hard to search.

Regarding MSM...unless LE does updates or friends hold candlelight vigils and push for publicity, stories fade quickly from the news. I don't yet see a FB page set up for Lance. Here's hoping a PI is working on the case. That was the goal.

Has there been any updates to this case?? It also came to my attention through a friend and I was surprised to see a thread already here.

Are they searching the canyon?

The canyon is steep and deep...seems to have lots of trees, so it's hard to see into it. I think it would also be very hard to search.

Maybe the PI could hire a drone company to search the canyon?

Has there been any updates to this case?? It also came to my attention through a friend and I was surprised to see a thread already here.

Are they searching the canyon?

I haven't seen any updates, except on the page. The updates are considered rumors AFAIK since isn't recognized on WS. There's nothing that I can find in MSM.

No news about a canyon search.

I hope butterflyclip was able to become a verified insider. She hasn't been back since 11/7, the day after the thread started. Hope all is well.

From the link...

Two versions: He walked out of the hospital because of the wait time (source not mentioned) or was released at 10:00 pm according to someone in ER. I'd like to know who told her he left without being treated because he was tired of waiting. How would they know? He has done this before at another ER according to his FB.

There were 7 calls to 911, two between 14 and 17 minutes long. It's not said whether he actually spoke to anyone. His mother seems to think he didn't get through to anyone. But it sounds like he connected. Could he have passed out, regained consciousness and tried again, and passed out again? Could he have not connected immediately on some of the calls, hung up and tried again several times? I wonder what the protocol is for dispatchers when they get a call and no one speaks for 14-17 minutes.

His mother talked to two of her son’s friends to try and get clarification.

“They both got messages at 4 o’clock in the morning from Lance’s cell phone, but there was no message, it was just a wooshing sound,” she said.

http://www.10news.com/news/anaheim-man-goes-missing-in-hillcrest-under-murky-circumstances

boots on the ground in the canyon. Sadly. Whooshing sounds? Get in that canyon.

Wooshing? Like.... Water?

Wooshing? Like.... Water?

I've gotten pocket calls where I hear whooshing and it's nowhere near water. I think it's the phone's microphone rubbing on fabric. Except for the old college friend who always pocket called while he was washing dishes!

This will break your heart. A patient at UCSD Hillcrest hospital wandered off in 2013 and was found several days later deceased in Palm Canyon, less than a mile from UCSD. I hate to think this is what has happened to Lance, but I fear it is.
:(

"By the evening hours, search and rescue teams had rappelled deeper into the dense brush and tough, steep canyon terrain. Once officials went further into the canyon, they made a devastating discovery.
Vera's body was found at the bottom of Palm Canyon, not a mile from UCSD Medical Center where he walked away from Monday morning. A hospital gown and neck brace was also found at the scene, officials confirmed."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...homas-Vera-Found-209770311.html#ixzz4Q7chKkWY

Oh man. He was probably disoriented and just walking. Why haven't there been any searches?

Oh man. He was probably disoriented and just walking. Why haven't there been any searches?

I don't think we know either way about searches. I'm sure the hospital patient got a lot of attention because he was a patient. And surveillance showed him leaving the hospital through a canyon, not surface streets like Lance. It would be good if the family could make use of volunteer SAR teams. They might like the practice.

It's good to get clarification on a couple of things.

He was having blackouts and I said, ‘well, you better get to the hospital,’” Perkins said.

Perkins called 911 and an ambulance brought him to UCSD Medical Center in Hillcrest. This is where the story gets murky, with two versions of what happened next. One is that Perkins got tired of waiting to be seen in the ER and left around 10 p.m. However, his mother said someone in the ER told her the hospital released him.

So we know he was in contact with his mom, because it was she who told him to go to the hospital.

We now also know he took an ambulance, which is why he was on foot when he left the hospital. I'm inclined to believe he was released since an ER person said so.

Where are you, Lance?

It's good to get clarification on a couple of things.

He was having blackouts and I said, ‘well, you better get to the hospital,’” Perkins said.

Perkins called 911 and an ambulance brought him to UCSD Medical Center in Hillcrest. This is where the story gets murky, with two versions of what happened next. One is that Perkins got tired of waiting to be seen in the ER and left around 10 p.m. However, his mother said someone in the ER told her the hospital released him.

So we know he was in contact with his mom, because it was she who told him to go to the hospital.

We now also know he took an ambulance, which is why he was on foot when he left the hospital. I'm inclined to believe he was released since an ER person said so.

Where are you, Lance?

I wonder where the story that he left because of the long wait came from. I agree that if an ER person said he was released it's likely true. That's assuming that Lance designated his Mom as someone who could receive info about him when he checked in. Privacy rules and all that.

HOWEVER, hospitals are not above making mistakes and going into CYA mode. We discovered that in the case of Lynne Spalding at SF General a few years ago. (Links below) So I'm not inclined to assume the info about him being released is correct until it's known if LE or Lance's Mom received a copy of his release papers.

Lance has walked out of an ER before rather than wait and he has left a hospital without being released according to his FB. So he does have that history. Not that either scenario changes the likely outcome, but it does have a bearing on who might be responsible if it comes to that. And if the hospital did release him, was he asked how he planned to get back to his hotel?

No matter what, the fact that he apparently didn't call a cab and didn't call his friends until 4:00 a.m. shows that he was not thinking clearly when he left the hospital.

I wish we could get more information about when the 911 calls took place, searches, etc. Where is butterflyclip and where is Lance?

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...-claim-over-her-death-at-sf-general-hospital/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Lynne-Spalding-57-San-Francisco-21-Sept-2013

Hi, me again. Last update from Lance's mom, is that she's very dissatisfied with both the private detective and the police. (She says the police refused to share any info with the PI). There's been NO searches of the area around the hospital. A friend on Facebook told me he was looking at the map of the area much like many of you here, and yes, there are many places a disoriented person could fall, get lost, etc. As to his leaving the hospital - yes it's all very fuzzy. His mother has called everyone, (hospital, hotel all his friends), several times and gotten conflicting stories from all. One staff person at the hospital said he just left, another told her he was officially released. They each gave different times. (That CYA mode someone mentioned comes to mind.)

I must admit, none of this sounds good.

Hi, me again. Last update from Lance's mom, is that she's very dissatisfied with both the private detective and the police. (She says the police refused to share any info with the PI). There's been NO searches of the area around the hospital. A friend on Facebook told me he was looking at the map of the area much like many of you here, and yes, there are many places a disoriented person could fall, get lost, etc. As to his leaving the hospital - yes it's all very fuzzy. His mother has called everyone, (hospital, hotel all his friends), several times and gotten conflicting stories from all. One staff person at the hospital said he just left, another told her he was officially released. They each gave different times. (That CYA mode someone mentioned comes to mind.)

It's good to see you :seeya: I'm so sorry there isn't encouraging news. I can only imagine how infuriating the investigation is. I wish we had some information we could chew on for you. Does Lance's Mom know what time he was seen on cameras nearby? Has the PI tried to determine where his numerous 911 calls came from? I'm not sure if it would show the canyon or not. Since LE indicated he could be in the canyon are they not searching there because they believe it's too late? So many questions, so few answers. Please keep us posted. We care.

Thanks for checking back in with us.

I, too, am curious as to when he was seen last on camera. Surely the hospital has camera footage of doors that he could have left from?

One of the news articles indicated the footage showed him heading West out of the hospital, which would put him heading in the direction of the canyon. I work in the area and it can be sketchy at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back