CA CA - Lance Perkins, 43, San Diego, 23 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May I share this information with his mother?

It's not new info. This information about his route I gleaned from what his mother wrote that I brought here from the post in the Resource Section. I just provided a map. :) The post I copied to this thread is early on this thread.

ETA: Oops! I see that the post I brought over from the Resource Center has been deleted from this thread due to my miscommunication with a mod last night. I will try to get it back. No wonder y'all thought I had iinside information! :D

Buttercup...if you still have the Info you posted last night in the Resource Center, could you please repost it here. It contains very important details everyone should know. Thanks!

It's not new info. This information about his route I gleaned from what his mother wrote that I brought here from the post in the Resource Section. I just provided a map. :) The post I copied to this thread is early on this thread.

ETA: Oops! I see that the post I brought over from the Resource Center has been deleted from this thread due to my miscommunication with a mod last night. I will try to get it back. No wonder y'all thought I had iinside information! :D

Buttercup...if you still have the Info you posted last night in the Resource Center, could you please repost it here. It contains very important details everyone should know. Thanks!

Do you mean this?
Our son Lance was in San Diego, California where he was working on the Fiesta De Reyes Presents Casa De Las Calaveras event. On the evening of Sunday the 23rd of October, Lance called 911 complaining of blackouts and was taken to the UCSD Medical Center emergency room. Lance discharged himself around 10PM due to a heavy wait time, and on foot headed north on Front Street and westbound on Dickerson (or Dove) according to security cameras. Lance called 911 several times after this and as far as we know his phone battery has died. Lance has been missing since the last registered call Monday morning at 6:16AM. Lance has medical conditions and takes medication and we are extremey concerned. The police are involved and we are all doing as much as we can to find Lance. Lance went missing wearing a black jacket, tan slacks and tan shoes.

Lance has the biggest heart and is the kindest man you will ever meet. He calls us everyday and constantly checks in with us so it is very concerning that we haven't heard from him. He also helps people in his Anaheim, California community and makes everyones life better for being in it. It's not like Lance to just go missing.

<modsnip>

CASE NUMBER: 16043895
All point bulletin is out nation wide B.O.L.O.

All our thanks,
-Jerry and Donna Perkins

Yes that's it. I see Coldpizza has taken care of editing out the link, which I didn't do last night. Now you see where I got the info for the map link referring to Front St and Dickinson.

ETA: Sorry I keep calling you Buttercup. :)

I don't know why it dumped my second post, sorry.

He was staying at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Old Town San Diego.

Your post was here earlier, but it contained info that you need to be a verified insider to share, so I expect it was removed until you go through that process. I see that you are doing that...Thanks! I will hold off commenting on what I remember from that post until it's reposted. But I will just say that I am even more concerned about his state of mind, sorry to say. :( I hope he will be found safe and sound.

These don't have much, and nothing we didn't already know, but they are MSM and I didn't see them posted here yet:

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/11/04/police-search-for-missing-man-with-medical-condition/

https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2016/11/03/man-reported-missing-police-seek-publics-help/

You have to scroll down past the Halloween posting, but this does have a description of some of the clothing Lance was believed to be wearing:
https://nextdoor.com/agency-detail/ca/san-diego/san-diego-police-department/

I found a fourth FB page for Lance, so I thought I'd link them in one post. Lance is larger than life, lots of fun, LOVES Disneyland and goes there all.the.time, organizes events, rubs shoulders with some famous people, seems to have friends who care, many health problems and meds, checked himself out of a hospital once, has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder sometimes when things don't go his way, but seems like a really neat guy overall.

2009--2016--Lance E. Perkins--Latest post April 26 (photos posted by a friend in May), Lots of illness, broken bones, trips to Disneyland, no friends shown.
https://www.facebook.com/lance.e.perkins

2012--2016--Started Sept 12, 2012--Latest post Sept 18, 2016--Lots of problems in 2013--no friends shown, followed by 49 people, interested in getting to know people.
https://www.facebook.com/LancePerkinsDesign

2008-2016--Latest post Oct 22 the day before disappearing. Seems to be his main page. Lists his many jobs. No friends shown. David Bowie "Sorrow" last post.
https://www.facebook.com/LancePerkinsPage?fref=ts

2012--3 posts Jan 12-March 3. 10 friends (this is the one I just found)
https://www.facebook.com/4Lance?ref=br_rs

I hope he is found soon. I can't imagine the kind of worry you feel butterfly. I'm sorry about your friend and I hope he's okay. A big shout out to everyone on this thread for being so kind and helpful. You guys are awesome

I found a fourth FB page for Lance, so I thought I'd link them in one post. Lance is larger than life, lots of fun, LOVES Disneyland and goes there all.the.time, organizes events, rubs shoulders with some famous people, seems to have friends who care, many health problems and meds, checked himself out of a hospital once, has a little bit of a chip on his shoulder sometimes when things don't go his way, but seems like a really neat guy overall.

2009--2016--Lance E. Perkins--Latest post April 26 (photos posted by a friend in May), Lots of illness, broken bones, trips to Disneyland, no friends shown.
https://www.facebook.com/lance.e.perkins

2012--2016--Started Sept 12, 2012--Latest post Sept 18, 2016--Lots of problems in 2013--no friends shown, followed by 49 people, interested in getting to know people.
https://www.facebook.com/LancePerkinsDesign

2008-2016--Latest post Oct 22 the day before disappearing. Seems to be his main page. Lists his many jobs. No friends shown. David Bowie "Sorrow" last post.
https://www.facebook.com/LancePerkinsPage?fref=ts

2012--3 posts Jan 12-March 3. 10 friends (this is the one I just found)
https://www.facebook.com/4Lance?ref=br_rs
I agree with you Lilibet. But I also get a sense of overall great loneliness. Why did he call 911 all those times? Was he in trouble or having a medical issue? I think those calls will tell us how to look for him.

Indeed. I saw when he posted the Bowie song "Sorrow" and I got very worried.
Of all the possible songs, he chose one about a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Was there some place he might go that reminds him of certain friendships? Or would he possibly make his way to a place that provides a view of Disneyland, from afar?

Butterflyclip, if he had tried to reach out to you prior to his disappearance, would that seem odd or perfectly normal?

According to his mom's postings, they are hiring a PI and feel they can successfully find Lance this way. With HIPPA laws being so strict, I sure hope so.

His last 3 FB posts seem to be him reaching out to say he needs help. Sorrow, atoms colliding, and the suicidal death of a friend are all posted one after the other. He also called 911 multiple times the night he disappeared, but family can't get info on the outcome of those calls (not sure why, but again it's probably the privacy laws).

My sincerest hope is that he is being taken care of in a hospital nearby, and the PI can at least discover this much so we know Lance is in good hands.

All good points and questions, GigTu. Thanks for being here. :) Here's hoping for Lance to be found soon.

And yes, in the midst of all his activity, I do sense someone lonely. I hope butterflyclip can give us more insight when she becomes a verified insider.

ETA: Good catch understanding the post about his friend's suicide. Very sad.

I pray that he is somewhere being taken care of....hopefully a medical facility.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's disconcerting that there is practically no media coverage in the search for Lance. With all the connections he has and friends in the acting industry, you'd think there would be a HUGE rally on his behalf.

I was waiting for it, expecting it, hoping for it. I can find no new updates.

The fact that he was blacking out, called 911 three times, then disappeared is really scary. Even if he was depressed, the blackouts aren't explained. The unverified talk that he was having issues with his booth helpers at the fair also is of concern.

It's hard to know what was going on, and I hope we can get some sort of update soon so we know how to better help find Lance. There's just zero to go on and nothing to dig around with to theorize the possibilities that often help our LE readers find new leads.

It's disconcerting that there is practically no media coverage in the search for Lance. With all the connections he has and friends in the acting industry, you'd think there would be a HUGE rally on his behalf.

I was waiting for it, expecting it, hoping for it. I can find no new updates.

The fact that he was blacking out, called 911 three times, then disappeared is really scary. Even if he was depressed, the blackouts aren't explained. The unverified talk that he was having issues with his booth helpers at the fair also is of concern.

It's hard to know what was going on, and I hope we can get some sort of update soon so we know how to better help find Lance. There's just zero to go on and nothing to dig around with to theorize the possibilities that often help our LE readers find new leads.

Yes, the silence is disconcerting. I hope butterflyclip can check in soon. LE indicated he may have fallen into the canyon, so I wonder if the 911 calls came from the canyon, but he couldn't be found. Although he might not have survived a fall and been able to call 911.

On one of his FB pages he commented that he felt like people befriended him because of his connections. If that's true (not just depression speaking) it could explain why there isn't a huge rally of support. He had a terrible time getting someone to help him move some stuff when he was injured...I think in 2013. He was pretty upset about that. Maybe he had a lot of fair weather friends. I believe Butterflyclip said some friends from Anaheim were coming to San Diego to distribute fliers though.

I really hope we have a happy ending.

Gosh, that's terrible. Sometimes I really hate people. He seems like the nicest guy, and he's good looking, and is adventurous. I'm surprised he doesn't have a spouse. I suppose because he is nice, people take advantage of him. Maybe he needs a strong partner to keep things like that from happening.

Do you know where in the canyon they think he might have fallen? Have there been searches? Why is there no MSM coverage?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back