GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i've been all over the boards really but mostly on the aaron hernandez case posting tweets and now it's concluded, noah thomas, and several others......i went back and quickly read this thread, i was not familiar with this case, how sad! i'm going to try and catch up on sprocket's blog if i can, 3rd trial for this guy, good grief! that poor mother :(......

that wacko in the ryan poston case, she's a piece of work huh? :scared: hope to see you for sentencing 5/11 in savannah's case.....take care paintr :loveyou:

I keep checking in on Savannah's case, wondering what will happen to step mom. Will she be tried?

The Brown case is very sad. I have followed this case since it happened and hope that there is finally justice for this little girl and her family. It has been so long. :(

750x422

L.A. Times: L.A. NowVerified account
‏@LANow

#BREAKING: Jury finds father accused of throwing daughter off cliff guilty of first-degree murder http://lat.ms/1H41cVt

look at that face!!!! it's about time :D justice finally!

paintr they got him!! woohooo!!

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-cameron-brown-verdict-20150513-story.html

A man accused of deliberately throwing his 4-year-old daughter from a Rancho Palos Verdes cliff to avoid paying child support was found guilty of first-degree murder Wednesday, ending a legal saga that has stretched more than a decade.

Two previous juries had deadlocked over whether Cameron Brown, 53, intentionally threw his daughter, Lauren, from the cliff or whether her death was a tragic accident.
----------
much more at link

:rose: lauren........rest in peace
:rose: strength to those that love her

Father guilty of murder for throwing daughter off cliff

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...her-guilty-threw-daughter-off-cliff/27257319/

Brown, who has been in jail since his 2003 arrest, showed no emotion as the verdict was read. The girl's mother, Sarah Key-Marer, cried.

But when the judge asked about a date for sentencing, Brown blurted out, "Judge, I'm innocent, I have no comment."

Deputy District Attorney Craig Hum told jurors Brown wanted Key-Marer to get an abortion and he tried to get the British national deported. He had been paying $1,000 in monthly child support.

Rest in peace, Lauren...

o-LAUREN-SARENE-KEY-LOS-ANGELES-570.jpg

just look at that sweet little face! what a precious doll, i could just smooch it up :heartbeat: thank you so much for posting this, bless her heart.....rest now lauren :rose:

750x422

L.A. Times: L.A. NowVerified account
‏@LANow

#BREAKING: Jury finds father accused of throwing daughter off cliff guilty of first-degree murder http://lat.ms/1H41cVt

look at that face!!!! it's about time :D justice finally!

paintr they got him!! woohooo!!

:jail::jail::jail: YES!

I just got in from work and saw this. Finally! Justice!

"Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience He stands waiting,
With exactness grinds He all."

How dark and evil must a man be who can cold bloodily toss his own beautiful daughter off a cliff? I shutter to think of the terror flashing through her mind as little Lauren fell to the floor of the cliff, knowing her own daddy had done this to her. It's heartbreaking. May he rot in hell.

How dark and evil must a man be who can cold bloodily toss his own beautiful daughter off a cliff? I shutter to think of the terror flashing through her mind as little Lauren fell to the floor of the cliff, knowing her own daddy had done this to her. It's heartbreaking. May he rot in hell.

I followed this case intensely years ago but then stopped as it got drawn out, and assumed he had been convicted. I was horrified to find he'd been through three trials!

It was clear to me from day one that he had murdered his baby to avoid child support. Quite a disgusting individual. I don't think Lauren felt betrayal, though. He never loved her and she was scared of him. I don't think she ever felt safe during his visits. I'm sure she was terrified though as he marched her up that scary cliff to her death.

Thank God this jury got it right!

Father guilty of murder for throwing daughter off cliff

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...her-guilty-threw-daughter-off-cliff/27257319/

Brown, who has been in jail since his 2003 arrest, showed no emotion as the verdict was read. The girl's mother, Sarah Key-Marer, cried.

But when the judge asked about a date for sentencing, Brown blurted out, "Judge, I'm innocent, I have no comment."

Deputy District Attorney Craig Hum told jurors Brown wanted Key-Marer to get an abortion and he tried to get the British national deported. He had been paying $1,000 in monthly child support.

At least the judge had enough sense to keep him locked up the whole decade while we waited, often impatiently, for justice to prevail.

Finally, thank God! There was never a doubt in my mind this man murdered this sweet child. What sealed it for me where his exgirlfriend testifying he had thrown all her belonging off of a high cliff when he was mad at her and then lied about and tried to blame it on a local hermit who wasn't even in the area at the time. Then the testimony from his former best friend who said Cameron's wife, Patty, told him that Lauren was being abused by her mother and they were going to get full custody. He said Cameron seemed disinterested the entire conversation and the best friend told his wife he believed the abuse allegations were a fabrication by Patty and Cameron to try to get Lauren and avoid paying child support. Patty and Cameron made fake abuse claims to CPS that were deemed unsubstantiated. Then the former best friend testified he got a call from Cameron who was besides himself with joy because he was going to be able to sign over his parental rights to Lauren's stepdad so he could adopt her. This apparently feel through as well and Cameron murdered her soon after. The other nail in the coffin for me was the extreme difficulty of the hike and the dangerous and terrifying area from which the little girl was thrown. No four year old child could have made it there without being carried and/or threatened. She would never have gone so close to the edge especially since she was known to be a timid and cautious child. The bottom line is Cameron never wanted her and only knew her less than a year before he killed her and in that year tried to have her taken away from her loving mother and give her away to her step father. I can't believe Cameron thought he could throw a little girl over a cliff and no one would ask questions and he would just go on with his life with that extra $1000.00 in his pocket every month. I'm so glad he's going to spend the rest of his life exactly where he belongs.

Court upholds murder conviction for father who threw 4-year-old daughter off RPV cliff

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/10/18/court-upholds-murder-conviction-for-father-who-threw-4-year-old-daughter-off-rpv-cliff/

A state appeals court panel Wednesday upheld a former airport baggage handler’s first-degree murder conviction for throwing his 4-year-old daughter off a 120-foot cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes nearly 17 years ago.

The three-justice panel from California’s 2nd District Court of Appeal turned down the defense’s contention that Cameron John Brown’s May 2015 conviction for the Nov. 8, 2000, death of his daughter, Lauren Sarene Key, should be reversed. Brown was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

“There was significant evidence against Brown, notably his own statements expressing his desire to get rid of’ Lauren, his decision to take Lauren to a dangerous outdoor area, and his callous and indifferent attitude after Lauren’s death,” the panel found in its 94-page ruling.

State Supreme Court refuses to hear appeal for man convicted of throwing daughter, 4, over Rancho Palos Verdes cliff – Daily Breeze - January 2018

The California Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to review the first-degree murder conviction of a former airport baggage handler who hurled his 4-year-old daughter off a 120-foot cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes more than 17 years ago.

Cameron John Brown, 56, who is serving a life prison term without the possibility of parole, exhausted his state appeals for the Nov. 8, 2000, death of his daughter, Lauren Sarene Key, but could move to the federal system for future attempts to regain his freedom.

Crime Watch Daily (Video in 4 parts):

Over the Edge: Dad convicted of throwing tot over cliff after 15 years, 3 trials - November 2017

A tiny 4-year-old girl out on a special daddy-daughter date takes a terrifying tumble. Her father says she accidentally slipped over the edge. But when investigators get out to the scene, their stomachs drop. It's no seaside playground. It's a perilous cliff with a terrifying drop 120 feet down. Was the little girl's fall a freak accident, or is it possible this father did the unthinkable?

One detective fights every day to find the answer. He will not rest until he discovers what really happened to this beautiful little girl up on that cliff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back