GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No suspects in California girl's stabbing death, officials say

The brother, who was not named, "is not a suspect at this time, but we are continuing to talk to him, which would be normal because he was the last person with the child," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/28/us/california-stabbing-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

He's 12. He's a child too.
He should say the 12 year old brother was the last person with the victim. :twocents:

But she was alive when police arrived.
So it's possible they have a description from her.

I am not absolutely positive that the information is accurate, but my preliminary understanding is that Leila was barely alive but not conscious when they found her. Of course, I hope that my information is inaccurate, and she was able to describe her attacker.

Leila

942538_10151421654572098_1896824263_n.jpg

link for pic https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151421654572098&l=bab94b59b2

What a beautiful girl and a senseless tragedy.
My heart goes out to her family.

:( Beautiful girl rest in peace.

No items stolen from home .........no motivation for this perp to enter the home that we know of ? How bizarre and terrifying. I'm guessing she fought back the best she could and that is why some of his dna ( blood ? ) was at the scene and LE asked for folks to bolo for someone with an unexplained injury. Baby girl must have fought back . This world is so sickening sometimes. :(

I google airship drone...

yes... They are one and the same...

:thumb:

Never would I question someone's google-fu, but in LE speak, "airship" refers to helicopters. That's a common term for heli's, but I have no idea why they're referred to as airships.

And I was thinking about this...there was a peeping tom who was caught on video looking into a child's window. I believe he was arrested, and was out of Stockton, but Stockton's not too terribly far away, and I'm wondering if he made bail.

God rest that child's soul...and Devil take the bastage who did this to her.

Best-
Herding Cats

I'm so sick of these MONSTERS terrifying neighborhoods!!!! So very sad for Leila and her family.

Gosh, she reminds me of Jessica Ridgeway with her glasses.

Bless her sweet heart. R.I.P. Leila.

It seems like the intruder got pretty lucky that Leila's parents weren't home. Where were the parents when Leila's murder occurred? I don't think they were involved...but possibly someone knew they were out of the house at that time?

WHOA. I just read this happened at NOON on a Saturday. Who breaks into someone's home at that time?!

parents were nearby attending a public event

staying with relatives now, for privacy reasons. Very sad. What a way for an average weekend to go horribly awry.

Prayers for those folks.

I can't find this info at any of the links I've tried. Where are you getting it? What kind of public event was it?

I'm wondering if the perp knew or assumed that they would be busy at the event. If so, I'm wondering if he lives or has friends or family in the neighborhood ... Some reason to be hanging around noticing little girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find this info at any of the links I've tried. Where are you getting it? What kind of public event was it?

I'm wondering if the perp knew or assumed that they would be busy at the event. If so, I'm wondering if he lives or has friends or family in the neighborhood ... Some reason to be hanging around noticing little girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That info was from the press conference video posted upthread. I think it was Kaliste posted it.

Press Release (Update #4)

Update: 20:47 pm

The search for a suspect in this case has continued overnight and through the day today. Overnight Sheriff’s Detectives and members of the California DOJ Bureau of Forensic Services executed a Search Warrant at the home where the homicide occurred. Evidence was collected at the scene including fingerprints and what investigators believe is DNA. At this same time Detectives were conducting follow up interviews with witnesses and family members.

Members of the Calaveras County Search & Rescue Team assisted in an area search for evidence. Also at this same time, teams comprised of both uniform and plain clothes deputies, officers and agents were conducting wide spread searches and following up on in progress tips and leads.

There is no specific suspect at this time.

There have been in excess of 100 members of the law enforcement community working on this case.

The Sheriff’s Office has been in touch with the local school district. We have notified the district about this case and the circumstances surrounding the reports.

The Sheriff’s Office will have an increased and very visible presence at both school bus stops and the local schools on Monday April 29th.

The victim in this case is Leila Fowler who was 8 years old. An autopsy will be conducted tomorrow Monday April 29, 2013.

The family in this case has asked that if anyone has any information to please come forward. End of Update.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4993990/

It seems like the intruder got pretty lucky that Leila's parents weren't home. Where were the parents when Leila's murder occurred? I don't think they were involved...but possibly someone knew they were out of the house at that time?
Upthread it says the parents were at a social event not far away.

I hope someone has made note of anybody that was at that same event, fitting the description, that slipped away during that time frame.

One of the several articles I read had a comment after it that said the family was involved in Little League and that the family has 7 kids. Little League games are held on Saturdays so I'm thinking the family could have been at the ballfield. Wondering if this person noticed Leila wasn't with the family and went to the house.

They were at a baseball game:

Link:
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349027

Update: 4-28-13 7:00 p.m. PST as reported at MML

Calaveras Sheriff's Deputy Captain Macedo has identified the 8 year-old victim of the stabbing incident in Valley Springs as Leila Fowler. Leila Fowlers 12 year-old brother is the person who first found the victim and called his parents to tell them his sister was on the floor and not responding.

The brother reports there was an intruder in the home who ran away when the brother entered, the 12 year-old has not yet been identified as a suspect.

The parents were away from the home at a baseball game with another of their children when the incident occurred.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349027#ixzz2Rp3Rm5f0

:( Beautiful girl rest in peace.

No items stolen from home .........no motivation for this perp to enter the home that we know of ? How bizarre and terrifying. I'm guessing she fought back the best she could and that is why some of his dna ( blood ? ) was at the scene and LE asked for folks to bolo for someone with an unexplained injury. Baby girl must have fought back . This world is so sickening sometimes. :(

No known motivation maybe. To me anytime there is someone in the home, there is some possible motivations. Even more so if that someone is a child or female.

What bothers me about the original story is that it says the 12 year old chased the guy. I can't see any man who is armed running from a 12 year old kid. (unless he has a gun and appears to know how and be willing to use it) Esp. if that adult knows that he has just stabbed a child. Could be a reporting issue, but yeah it bothers me. Still stranger things have been known to happen so I guess we wait and see. LE appears to believe this is an unknown person and I would find it hard for to believe that a 12 year old could tell experienced LE a story that was believable if it wasn't true.

Maybe the intruder was someone who thought nobody was at home and was shocked and just attacked the little girl and fled before he could take anything. My uncle was beaten to death with a hammer years ago by an intruder who didn't know he was home because his adult daughter had borrowed their car. He fled when he saw my Aunt with the phone. They lived in a rural area and it was pretty early in the evening, too. I do hope they are checking who the family was in contact with during the day, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14