GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the knife used on this poor little girl was left at the home...

the knife could supply all sorts of evidence...

JMO

I wonder if the knife used on this poor little girl was left at the home...

the knife could supply all sorts of evidence...

JMO

That sure would be a blessing wouldn't it? I believe LE said they have DNA and fingerprint evidence at the presser. Perhaps the knife??????

That sure would be a blessing wouldn't it? I believe LE said they have DNA and fingerprint evidence at the presser. Perhaps the knife??????

Yes... It may be too good to be true...

but perps don't always act logically....

JMO

A children's baseball game can attract some shady characters. When my kids were playing a game I always saw so many parents who allowed their younger kids to run and play freely among the stands and concession areas while several games were being played. I don't understand why those parents ignored the fact that a child molester could walk off with their child and they wouldn't even notice they were missing until the game was over!

I think it is plausible that someone who regularly attended the games noticed that the parents were there without their little girl and went looking for her. That doesn't explain being chased off by the brother. Surely the perp did not expect an 8 yr old to be left home alone.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A children's baseball game can attract some shady characters. When my kids were playing a game I always saw so many parents who allowed their younger kids to run and play freely among the stands and concession areas while several games were being played. I don't understand why those parents ignored the fact that a child molester could walk off with their child and they wouldn't even notice they were missing until the game was over!

I think it is plausible that someone who regularly attended the games noticed that the parents were there without their little girl and went looking for her. That doesn't explain being chased off by the brother. Surely the perp did not expect an 8 yr old to be left home alone.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. My bf is a LL coach and board member so we spend a lot of time at the fields. Some parents feel safe letting their kids wander because they see so many familiar faces and feel it is like a mini community at the ball park. But we focus on the families we already know. We don't pay attention to the unfamiliar faces or people lurking about without a purpose.

I don't have any little ones younger than my little leaguer that I am personally responsible for but I'm guilty of not paying attention to new faces or making it a point to look for strange behavior. That will change effective immediately.

When my DD was 8, my DS was 12. We left them alone at noon on Saturdays quite often because they liked to avoid errands etc. I was comfortable leaving my 12 yr old in charge. I cannot imagine how devastating the parents must feel now.

I would like to hear more confirmation of the neighbor seeing the intruder running away however. That would clear some things up for me.

When my DD was 8, my DS was 12. We left them alone at noon on Saturdays quite often because they liked to avoid errands etc. I was comfortable leaving my 12 yr old in charge. I cannot imagine how devastating the parents must feel now.

I would like to hear more confirmation of the neighbor seeing the intruder running away however. That would clear some things up for me.

I'd like to know if the neighbor gave his description before or after he heard Leila's brother's description. Now there is said to be a 3rd description...

[quote The three descriptions of the suspect are not entirely consistent, he said, but added that authorities are looking for a white or Latino male who was wearing a black shirt and blue pants.][/quote]
Link: http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130428/A_NEWS/130429877/-1/rss02'

(my quotes aren't working)

It seems like the intruder got pretty lucky that Leila's parents weren't home. Where were the parents when Leila's murder occurred? I don't think they were involved...but possibly someone knew they were out of the house at that time?

Yes, he had to see them leave and be familiar enough with the neighborhood to know that meant kids are home alone OR he knows them and knew they were invited to the social thing down the street ( or wherever it was ) .

No known motivation maybe. To me anytime there is someone in the home, there is some possible motivations. Even more so if that someone is a child or female.

What bothers me about the original story is that it says the 12 year old chased the guy. I can't see any man who is armed running from a 12 year old kid. (unless he has a gun and appears to know how and be willing to use it) Esp. if that adult knows that he has just stabbed a child. Could be a reporting issue, but yeah it bothers me. Still stranger things have been known to happen so I guess we wait and see. LE appears to believe this is an unknown person and I would find it hard for to believe that a 12 year old could tell experienced LE a story that was believable if it wasn't true.

I know :( I'm just hoping since we've not heard the words yet , it means it didn't happen .

BBM Some 12 yr olds are big and if the perp is at this point a little flustered and perhaps fatigued from his crimes ( :) ) and not got his wits about him, I can see him running OR if he knows the boy may recognize him from around town. At the point the boy seems him the BOY has advantage and not the perp since he's caught off guard.

KTVU ‏@KTVU 4m
Extra security at school bus stops & schools in Valley Springs #CalaverasCo. this am following the stabbing death of an 8 year old girl.

I'd like to know if the neighbor gave his description before or after he heard Leila's brother's description. Now there is said to be a 3rd description...

[quote The three descriptions of the suspect are not entirely consistent, he said, but added that authorities are looking for a white or Latino male who was wearing a black shirt and blue pants.]
Link: http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130428/A_NEWS/130429877/-1/rss02'

(my quotes aren't working)[/QUOTE]

I wonder about these inconsistencies. I bet they are not too far off from each other. I'm thinking if you see a fairly tall man and ask a 12 yr old how tall he is , he might say 6'5'' but an adult who is more on the level might say 6 foot, maybe 6'1'' or so. See what I mean? So I'm hoping the overalls are close enough to catch the guy and not that they saw 2 different people and one is an innocent man and one is the perp.

I'm so sad for her parents. They did not leave their baby unattended. They were out doing things with their other kids on a Saturday. This seems like a family focused very much on their children and this is just horrible for them. I'm so tired of hearing these stories of children taken or victimized in their own home. I just pray it was fast and she had only a second of fear :(

KTVU ‏@KTVU 4m
Extra security at school bus stops & schools in Valley Springs #CalaverasCo. this am following the stabbing death of an 8 year old girl.

Good! Thank you LE !

I really was hoping they'd catch this guy during the night. It's terrifying. Such a danger to the children in the area. It took LE a little while to catch Tobias Summers recently though, so we might have a wait. Meanwhile we'll have worries.

So far as why the guy went in the house in the first place, well again, keep in mind Tobias Summers. He went in the little girl victim's house in that case to burglarize it, saw her, and took her, raped and brutalized. Thank God she's alive.

But these monsters take any opportunity. This guy may have saw the parents drive away, thought the house was empty, and went in to burglarize it. Then saw the little girl, and I just imagine what he did to her before killing her.

They're brazen, they're predatory, they're opportunistic, and they're brutalizing and killing our children. Please keep your children safe. Don't take chances. It happens everywhere.

Prayers for Leila's family.

if the 12 year old brother was chasing after the intruder it doesn't necessarily mean that the intruder knew the boy was chasing him. the brother could have seen the guy and started running after him to see who it was but the guy was already too far ahead for him to catch up.

Does anyone have a link for the chasing by the brother? I don't recall seeing that. Just that he encountered him. I'm not sure the intruder ever saw the boy. Just that the boy saw him.

Also, here's the link to the page where all the LE press releases are posted. No new ones for today yet, but we can check it throughout the day. The last one wasn't posted as new item, instead they edited the one they had posted previously, but you could see on the list where it then said "Update 4". So next update will be Update 5.

https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

Sheriff's officials say the girl was found by her brother after he encountered an intruder in the home around noon Saturday.

When the intruder ran away, the boy found his sister stabbed. She was pronounced dead at a local hospita

Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/04/27/2487417/fatal-stabbing-of-girl-9-prompts.html#storylink=cpy

Details were scarce, but television station KCRA in Sacramento reported that a 12-year-old boy encountered an intruder in his home. The man ran away and the boy went to check on his sister and found her with stab wounds. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital, the station reported.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/27/26...lley-springs.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

“I won’t feel safe until they have him (in custody), especially now that it’s getting dark.” said Julie H, who lives on the 5900 block of Rippon Road, about six houses away from where the murder happened.

snip

One of the law enforcement officers told her there was a robbery down the street, that a 12-year-old boy who lived there chased the robber off, and when he returned to the house, he found his 9-year-old sister stabbed.

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Valley-Springs-murder-update

Okay, I think I traced back the whole 12 year old "chasing" the intruder business. It appears that was a neighbor's wording, based on what she was told by an LEO in the neighborhood who told her what was going on with the heavy police presence.

This was her wording, based off of second or third hand information. I believe that is where this "chasing" misinformation comes from. Excited utterance from neighbor who is retelling what she was told by an officer.

I do not believe the brother actually gave chase to the perp or followed him from the home as her comment implies. Just bad info IMO

ETA these are the first three stories listed on page one of this thread. The first stories that were available on this case I can only assume.

Residents in Calveras County have been ordered to lock their doors as deputies search for the suspected killer, who is described as a white or Hispanic male with long gray hair.
He is believed to be at least six feet tall and was last seen wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and blue pants.

A neighbor said he spotted the suspect fleeing shortly after the 911 call.

Police officers from neighboring areas have been called in to help as authorities hunt down the suspect.
'We were doing a house-to-house search and in some cases we're searching extensively into attics and storage sheds,' Calveras County officer Jim Macedo told CBS Sacramento. He added: 'It’s a difficult area to search. It’s rural, it’s remote.'
A quarter-mile perimeter was set up around the house as police conduct the house-to-house search.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...truder-Valley-Springs-home.html#ixzz2RrEr6IBO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sheriff's officials say the girl was found by her brother after he encountered an intruder in the home around noon Saturday.

When the intruder ran away, the boy found his sister stabbed. She was pronounced dead at a local hospita

Read more here: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/04/27/2487417/fatal-stabbing-of-girl-9-prompts.html#storylink=cpy

Details were scarce, but television station KCRA in Sacramento reported that a 12-year-old boy encountered an intruder in his home. The man ran away and the boy went to check on his sister and found her with stab wounds. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital, the station reported.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/27/26...lley-springs.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

“I won’t feel safe until they have him (in custody), especially now that it’s getting dark.” said Julie H, who lives on the 5900 block of Rippon Road, about six houses away from where the murder happened.

snip

One of the law enforcement officers told her there was a robbery down the street, that a 12-year-old boy who lived there chased the robber off, and when he returned to the house, he found his 9-year-old sister stabbed.

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Valley-Springs-murder-update

Okay, I think I traced back the whole 12 year old "chasing" the intruder business. It appears that was a neighbor's wording, based on what she was told by an LEO in the neighborhood who told her what was going on with the heavy police presence.

This was her wording, based off of second or third hand information. I believe that is where this "chasing" misinformation comes from. Excited utterance from neighbor who is retelling what she was told by an officer.

I do not believe the brother actually gave chase to the perp or followed him from the home as her comment implies. Just bad info IMO

ETA these are the first three stories listed on page one of this thread. The first stories that were available on this case I can only assume.
Thank you for this thorough update, Tlcya!

this post helps to somewhat clarify the floating detail of the 12 year old brother "chasing off" the intruder.... The term "chase off" can mean he scared the intruder off without actually giving chase... Among other things...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member