GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Leila was showing no signs of life, would they still take her to the hospital? I feel like the parents would insist that they did because they would want to believe that their daughter could be saved. But if the paramedics noticed there was no breathing, no heartbeat, and no pulse, would they still take her to the hospital or just tell the parents there is nothing that can be done? It would feel like you were giving the parents false hope if you decided to take a child that was obviously dead to the hospital, though.

Not 100%, but I believe only an actual doctor can declare that officially as a TOD. However, I have seen cases where they have said "died at the scene" or "died on route" or DOA. So it would seem to me that if there were signs of life at the home, that it might be that Leila died on route to the hospital and upon arrival, they very quickly ascertained that there wasn't any hope of saving her. :(

I know in some states, that if it is a child, the child must be taken to the hospital, even if they have already died. I know this, because I had a little daughter with a very rare, 100% fatal birth defect. Her doctors, made special arrangements, before we brought her home, first to live, but ultimately to die, that her body would not need to be taken to the hospital. They did that to spare us additional trauma. They even had to contact, in advance, the local EMT's...Otherwise all child fatalities would need to go to the hospital first, prior to being picked up by the coroner. I am sure they do this, so that no cases of child abuse would be missed.

I know in some states, that if it is a child, the child must be taken to the hospital, even if they have already died. I know this, because I had a little daughter with a very rare, 100% fatal birth defect. Her doctors, made special arrangements, before we brought her home, first to live, but ultimately to die, that her body would not need to be taken to the hospital. They did that to spare us additional trauma. They even had to contact, in advance, the local EMT's...Otherwise all child fatalities would need to go to the hospital first, prior to being picked up by the coroner. I am sure they do this, so that no cases of child abuse would be missed.

:grouphug:

there are multiple MSM articles stating Leila was pronounced dead at the hospital--sorry I cant link because I'm on my notebook

Stephanie Crowe was another California girl who was killed in her home. I looked through old articles about the case and I can't find anything about her being taken to the hospital. So it could have changed since 1998, but it doesn't seem that children in California need to be taken to the hospital when they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member