GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the search for her killer well into a second week, some people are turning to professional security systems.

snip

“In the past week we’ve had eight to 10 residential home calls,” said Robert Rutledge. “This is a community where you don’t lock your doors, people know people and trust people. Times have changed and you have to think of your safety first.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...e-to-leila-fowler-as-neighbors-seek-security/

With the search for her killer well into a second week, some people are turning to professional security systems.

snip

“In the past week we’ve had eight to 10 residential home calls,” said Robert Rutledge. “This is a community where you don’t lock your doors, people know people and trust people. Times have changed and you have to think of your safety first.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...e-to-leila-fowler-as-neighbors-seek-security/

This makes me a little sad for the community. Loss of innocence.

It lists 3 in the first line, then 3 more under that, and then "3 that she never got the chance to meet" and their names as well.

Can someone help me sort out all those relationships? I thought she lived with 3 siblings? Who are all the others?

I can sort out the who's who... but im still unverified :(

It can be hard to keep up with the twists and turns in this case. Here's some help from Twitter:

KRON 4 News ‏@kron4news 3 May

Placerville Man Cleared in Leila Fowler Murder Investigation: http://youtu.be/TeCXsWvOhV0?a via @YouTube

KTVU KTVU ‏@KTVU 3 May

#BREAKING: #Calaveras Co. Sheriff spokesman says Placerville kidnapping suspect has been eliminated as suspect in murder of Leila Fowler

christina heller christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 2 May

Investigators on #LeilaFowler murder in #Calaveras Co. rule out any connex 2 a man arrested in #Placerville for trying to take a baby #cbs13

Did you notice that this is not the same person? The above links are about Jason Wayrynen. The reports from this AM are about Jason Bays.

Did you notice that this is not the same person? The above links are about Jason Wayrynen. The reports from this AM are about Jason Bays.

I'm so sorry! I must have misread...thought you were posting about the possible link to the Placerville suspect who tried to kidnap a little tot. Just ignore that post! :o Your post was about yet another Placerville man.

My head is starting to spin...

At the Fowler home Tuesday, a large rental truck was parked in the driveway, and a number of items were removed from the house and loaded in the truck.

Also Tuesday, at a nearby pond, divers were in the water, continuing the search for evidence.

One other new element of the investigation involved dogs from the FBI brought to the scene.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=244285

I'm so sorry! I must have misread...thought you were posting about the possible link to the Placerville suspect who tried to kidnap a little tot. Just ignore that post! :o Your post was about yet another Placerville man.

My head is starting to spin...

This guy appears to be held in Calaveras County Jail on 1 million. He advertised as a drywall contractor, possibly on Craigslist. He was recently busted in a sting. He drove to Chico to kidnap a women based on a Craigslist interaction. Look at what he is charged with. I would like to know if the FBI removed drywall from Rippon Road.

I can sort out the who's who... but im still unverified :(

I think our mods have been VERY busy with a couple of VERY active cases.

We have a verdict watch in Travis Alexander's case.
(If you've never followed a verdict watch it's insane. Hundreds of pages of posts a DAY.) :thud:

We've got THREE missing young women who were gone for 10+ years found ALIVE... :woohoo:

Amanda Berry- Gina deJesus- Michelle Knight - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That's just a couple of them and I can't even keep up with those two! :scared:

Things are being missed... give them some time to get caught up and they will get you verified. :seeya:

And while you are waiting, feel free to write a letter to keep Emma Thompson's mother behind bars longer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9381780&posted=1#post9381780

This guy appears to be held in Calaveras County Jail on 1 million. He advertised as a drywall contractor, possibly on Craigslist. He was recently busted in a sting. He drove to Chico to kidnap a women based on a Craigslist interaction. Look at what he is charged with. I would like to know if the FBI removed drywall from Rippon Road.

Well, what's weird about this case is, if she was calling him about drywall work, why did she need him to pick her up (at which point they went to his residence)? Then after telling her she "can't go" he takes her to a jobsite, but then lets her go to a public building across the street. That doesn't make sense, even for a stupid criminal.

He sounds like a real creep, but not sure if there's any other connection that would spring to mind for LE - except creepiness. He didn't break into her home (which would have been very easy, in purporting to come over and bid contract labor), and his MO was allegedly choking, not knifing.

At the Fowler home Tuesday, a large rental truck was parked in the driveway, and a number of items were removed from the house and loaded in the truck.

Also Tuesday, at a nearby pond, divers were in the water, continuing the search for evidence.

One other new element of the investigation involved dogs from the FBI brought to the scene.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=244285

Hope the find what they're looking for. This case NEEDS closure for the family and community.

Well, what's weird about this case is, if she was calling him about drywall work, why did she need hi to pick her up and go to his residence? That doesn't make sense.

He sounds like a real creep, but not sure if there's any other connection that would spring to mind for LE - except creepiness. He didn't break into her home (which would have been very easy, in purporting to come over and bid contract labor), and his MO was choking, not knifing.

This is why I asked about the euphimistic reporting. "...threats to commit a crime resulting in death or great bodily injury and penetration by means of force or fear." Translation: Rape at knife point?

The timing. He picked her up on 04/29. Two days after the Rippon Road intrusion. Someone else recently posted to this board about the effect of greasing the wheels. Once the inertia sets in...... Davis? I doubt it.

He has been illegally advertizing his contracting services for drywall installation. Possibly on Craigslist.

She had been in contact with him for a month. Some folks use Graigslist for a dating service. She did not go to Placerville voluntarily. And certainly not to talk about drywall. She was kidnapped in Chico. The FBI. One million bail. LE telegraphs that local residences should not be overly worried. The timing might not work for this last sentence. I am looking into it.

Edit - Somewhere in this sub-thread I missused "charges" She went to Placerville perhaps under false pretense rather than involuntarily. Neverthless, doubtful that drywall was the reason she went.

Are people who don't lock their doors in rural areas/small towns the same people who have guns to protect their families in case someone breaks in? I have always wondered this. I really don't understand why you wouldn't lock your door at night...It takes like two seconds.

Hope the find what they're looking for. This case NEEDS closure for the family and community.

Those looked like personal items being taken out.. TV's, kids items...my guess is the family will not be returning.. God knows I wouldn't...I'd make a list of what we needed or wanted from the house, have some of the LE or whomever is willing to assist in getting it out and loaded up for us and never go back there... It will be a very long time before anything resembling normal life can happen for them...IMO:cry:

Those looked like personal items being taken out.. TV's, kids items...my guess is the family will not be returning.. God knows I wouldn't...I'd make a list of what we needed or wanted from the house, have some of the LE or whomever is willing to assist in getting it out and loaded up for us and never go back there... It will be a very long time before anything resembling normal life can happen for them...IMO:cry:

I can't blame them for not wanting to live in that house again. Although, I do feel bad for the other children because they not only lose their sister, but now they are moving out of their home. Those are two major changes in a period of about one week, and that has to be difficult. However, I read that Leila had been at her school since 1st grade, so perhaps they were living somewhere else before that (so not super emotionally connected to the home).

Laura Anthony ‏@LauraAnthony7 3m

Leila Fowler funeral while FBI removes dozens of items from family home in Valley Springs, including TV and vacuum. pic.twitter.com/NbcPdUoQ7z

I'm confused. If the FBI is removing those items, it sounds like possible evidence. Before I thought the family was moving? I guess it's possible the FBI is helping them, but uh don't they have a crime to solve? I'm sure there is a moving company or members of the public who would help for free. Plus, the family wouldn't be able to move out of their home until the FBI moved out.

I'm confused. If the FBI is removing those items, it sounds like possible evidence. Before I thought the family was moving? I guess it's possible the FBI is helping them, but uh don't they have a crime to solve? I'm sure there is a moving company or members of the public who would help for free.

I don't think a news anchor would be likely to report that the FBI were helping them move...I'm pretty sure it's evidence-based removal if the FBI are said to be doing it. Just my take on it...may be wrong.

Besides, the street and home are still considered 'crime scene' and closed off. Doubt the family would be allowed to remove furniture and other items yet.

Seems weird to take all that stuff though. I guess the perp may have run through the house on his way in or out and anything his leg may have brushed against they want to check for fibers or something. Hopefully its' a sign they are being HYPER diligent with the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1