GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be difficult, for a physically capable person armed with a long blade, to inflict this many wounds, in anger, and not hit a vital structure. The wounds may have been intentionally placed or the blade short. Someone, in anger, could possibly aim for, and continually miss, the heart. Unlikely. In this case, suffocation may have caused death. As I understand it, the coroner reported shock; low BP. This may occur quickly or slowly depending on the particular wounds. The case from Davis three weeks earlier. There were wounds to the face. The intent, in Davis, was not rapid death.
ACTIVE SEARCH CA - Leila Fowler, 8, Fatally Stabbed in Valley Springs #2 --Manhunt Underway! - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://davis.patch.com/articles/dav...k-into-calaveras-county-girl-s-stabbing-death
http://davis.patch.com/topics/Oliver+Northup
http://fox40.com/local-news/stories/2-found-dead-in-davis-home/

More about the Davis case.
http://davisvanguard.org/index.php?...rder-of-prominent-attorney-and-wife&Itemid=87
"According to Lt. Paul Doroshov, "There was a lot of trauma on the bodies."

However, while the police described a very bloody scene at the home on the 4000 block of Cowell Blvd, Lt. Doroshov told the media that the home "had not been ransacked" and that "we can't say this was burglary."

That Vanguard has learned that Mr. Northup was a prominent defense attorney and has tried a number of death penalty cases."

http://www.davisenterprise.com/loca...unity-mourn-couple-slain-in-south-davis-home/
"According to his daughter, Northup specialized in “country lawyer” work such as drawing up land agreements for local farmers."

"Even after retiring from the practice in the early 1990s, Northup continued taking on criminal appellate defense work for the California Appellate Project, representing prison inmates who believed their cases deserved a second look."

I have been trying, to no avail, link Northup to Shermatine/Herzog and the work of Padilla. No luck thus far.

I fell asleep last night thinking about this case. The lack of screams or sounds of a struggle, and the conversation some were having about brother possibly being immersed in a video game. The following thoughts:

I agree with posters who've said if the brother was playing a video game and immersed in it he could have been so focused he did not hear any sounds of someone moving quietly about the house.

I have seen it reported (BTW the reporting lately on all the cases I follow has been sketchy IMO) that the brother was in the house but in a separate room. I think he may have been in his room playing video games. That would align with what I know of 12 yr old boys (sons, lots of nephews, etc) and their love of their games.

Given that a bed appears to have been removed as evidence, I suspect Leila was in her bedroom as well.

If a grown male perp encountered and 8 yr old girl, I do not think it would be unusual that he could quickly subdue a smaller child by physically pushing her down onto her bed, placing his hand over her mouth and sitting or otherwise using his body weight to restrain her lower half (feet, legs, lower torso) and stabbing at will.

I hope she was not stabbed 21 times :(

I fear she was.

Many of the games now use headsets, which keep all outside noise OUT. It used to be only the extreme gamers or rich people used them, but now they're very affordable and almost all kids have them ( think ipod ear buds). So not only immersed in his game, but probably virtually deaf to what was not coming out of his games' headset. My child sits right beside us in the evening playing games and cannot hear a conversation we're having 5 feet away. I'll say something and she'll make no movement unless I wave my hand in her face and these are NOT expensive headsets, just the 10 dollar walmart variety!

I noticed that, but chalked it up to 'casual' grammar usage, since he said he's got A German Wolf. (He also says 'there was no barks' instead of 'there were no barks.') The message I still got was that the expected barking didn't happen; that's all I came away with, at least. His demeanor didn't bother me--he seemed pretty confident and certain, almost incredulous. But like you say, interpreting demeanor is subjective.

If the "wolf dogs" are used to seeing their neighbors, they likely won't bark at them as they are familiar with who lives nearby.
A complete stranger would be a different story.
We used to have an American (Dixie) Dingo who howled to certain sirens RIP.
The rest of the neighborhood here has dogs that go off at any siren that's in the distance usually and will howl. (Everyone has dogs & is fenced).
While the dogs will bark at anyone who is strange to the street, they are well aware of those of us who live here and i can go outside at night and they won't bark at me.

If the killer is someone who lives in the same house as Leila, the neighbors' dogs may be irrelevant as its likely they're used to the neighbors.

I can't believe there are no articles at all being written. A reporter doesn't need the police to tell them if the road is now open, if they are still searching the pond, do they see any dogs. They can always call one of the neighbors. Enquirering minds wanna know right?

I can't believe there are no articles at all being written. A reporter doesn't need the police to tell them if the road is now open, if they are still searching the pond, do they see any dogs. They can always call one of the neighbors. Enquirering minds wanna know right?

Well, the last articles written about the case were May 8. It's May 10 right now, and it's early. I don't really see a 36-48 hour gap between articles as a huge deal, although it seems pretty early in the case for that to happen.

Why is it so quiet? Nothing new?

I am hoping it is quiet because LE have found some important evidence... And they are getting their ducks in a row...

:rubberducky: :rubberducky: :rubberducky:

:please:

At ER with family member today. Checking in for updates during the wait, though. Can't remember Twitter password for news updates so thankful The Cheese has it covered.

Whats with the shocking and currently untrue headline and links to past stories? Im getting quite the education on MSM and the way facts are spun...

http://streetwisesd.blogspot.com/2013/05/jason-wayrynen-arrested-in-possible.html

Whats with the shocking and currently untrue headline and links to past stories? Im getting quite the education on MSM and the way facts are spun...

That isn't Main Stream MEDIA.
That's a BLOG.

That ABC link in the blog entry, was simply saying that a witness was no longer credible.
So the focus was back on the one credible witness, the brother.

That isn't Main Stream MEDIA.
That's a BLOG.

That ABC link in the blog entry, was simply saying that a witness was no longer credible.
So the focus was back on the one credible witness, the brother.

Yep.. quite the education...:shush:

http://streetwisesd.blogspot.com/2013/05/jason-wayrynen-arrested-in-possible.html

MSM is controlled by deep pockets. Follow the money. There is always an agenda. To the extent that this case might indicate that CA laws thwarting self-defense are over the top, to the extent of the spin. And more. Rather than respond to eileenhawkeye's question #597 in a new post, let me simply say that further discussion by me would be OT and I don't want to be inappropriate by introducing politics. I'll quit while I am behind.

Frustrated to keep checking in to see nothing new. Justice for Leila!!!

MSM is controlled by deep pockets. Follow the money. There is always an agenda. To the extent that this case might indicate the CA laws thwarting self-defense are over the top, to the extent of the spin. And more.

What does this case have to do with self-defense? What MSM agenda?

The only thing I've seen on Twitter tonight. (Looks like it's over, though...)

Andrea Menniti ‏@AndreaMenniti 30m

#LeilaFowler's mom shares with me about her loss at 5pm. Only on #cbs13

christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 39m
The bio-mother of an 8yo girl murdered in Valley Springs speaks out for the first time. Hear what she has to say only on @CBSSacramento @ 5

Here's the home page for CBS Sacramento to check to see if they post the interview
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member