GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wanted to make sure they had the right person. Likely felt he wasn't a threat to anyone else? However, there are 2 other young children in the home.

FYI...not sure if we can post family FB, but reading CW's....just WOW!!! A lot of stuff about Priscilla there. Doesn't seem as though anyone has yet heard the presser.

What is CW?

I just watched the conference and they arrested the 12 yr old brother:( I will post a link in a minute...I'm looking for it online...

What did the parents know?

They weren't charged with obstruction of justice or any sort of cover-up.

It was said that the brother had been talking to LE, and I'm not sure if they would send him there if they thought he was guilty.

But it's hard for me to imagine them all living together for the past 2 weeks and them never suspecting a thing.

Plus the kid had to be totally off to do something like this....[/quote]

BBM

Maybe but not necessarily. At 12 hormones are rising and self control is getting weaker.

Kids who are normally very well behaved sometimes start acting out by this age.

Don't scare me! My oldest son is about to turn 13 and he watches his 10 year old brother and 8 year old sister. I pray this is more than just "acting out" and a result of raging hormones!

I think the kid must be really messed up and there has to have been some indication beforehand-some inkling-I know love is blind. It will be interesting to see if they defend him.

Did the brother not have blood on him? I wonder if there was any warning signs that the family knew of about this boy being different? I am so very sad for the family. They are losing another child today and I'm sure they have very mixed feelings

LE took the TV with a vacuum from the home...

I wonder if he was watching unhealthy videos...

I am reminded of Jessica Ridgeway's murderer...

JMO

This may be a stupid question but do tv monitors have a memory chip that records what is or has been watched? I don't understand why everyone is thinking they took the tv to get info from it, like shows, games, or Internet use versus prints or something off of it.

I am heart broken for the parents & Leiha's sibling as the rest of you are. It doesn't seem like the parent's lawyered the son up & kudos to them. The truth will out. So sad...

I haven't been following this case closely enough to know if this is her brother or stepbrother. I've read both, did Leila have both a 12 year old brother and a 12 year old stepbrother?

I read a newspaper article that quoted the mother Priscilla stating that her son, the 12 year old brother found Leila. I'm confused.. thanks for helping clear this up.

I thought for a second about how scared she would be and how she trusted him ........and now I'm going to smoke and step away for a few. Rest in peace little angel.

There may be ongoing strain in their relationship/previous abuse that may have made her not trust him. I hope we will find that out one way or the other. Either scenario is awful.

What is on TV that would cause a 12-year-old to kill his sister?

I imagine in most homes there are DVD players connected to TV's...

I tried to put it delicately... But could he have been watching *advertiser censored*?

It doesn't cause this type of behavior (homicide)... But it indicates an unhealthy attraction to anti-social behavior...

JMO

Don't scare me! My oldest son is about to turn 13 and he watches his 10 year old brother and 8 year old sister. I pray this is more than just "acting out" and a result of raging hormones!

I think the kid must be really messed up and there has to have been some indication beforehand-some inkling-I know love is blind. It will be interesting to see if they defend him.

Most kids that age won't kill their siblings. But parents of most teens will comment on their teens becoming more daring, or have a shorter temper. They may "act out" more. Or shorter attention span. Typical teen behavior. But some kids have it worse than others.

I haven't been following this case closely enough to know if this is her brother or stepbrother. I've read both, did Leila have both a 12 year old brother and a 12 year old stepbrother?

I read a newspaper article that quoted the mother Priscilla stating that her son, the 12 year old brother found Leila. I'm confused.. thanks for helping clear this up.

It's been in the media both ways. But I tend to believe the Mother.

Suspect is too young to be tried as an adult. He'll be out by the time he's 25.

LE has spent over 2,000 man-hours on the case.

I imagine in most homes there are DVD players connected to TV's...

I tried to put it delicately... But could he have been watching *advertiser censored*?

It doesn't cause this type of behavior (homicide)... But it indicates an unhealthy attraction to anti-social behavior...

JMO

BBM

In that case they would be interested in taking the DVD's, not the TV.

I'm wondering if perhaps he was playing games on the TV just before it happened. Maybe they found some indication of blood on it that the locals had missed.

What I am wondering about is they said they found DNA. What kind of DNA? And where did they find it?

They wanted to make sure they had the right person. Likely felt he wasn't a threat to anyone else? However, there are 2 other young children in the home.

FYI...not sure if we can post family FB, but reading CW's....just WOW!!! A lot of stuff about Priscilla there. Doesn't seem as though anyone has yet heard the presser.

Are you referring to her recent status update "And the Oscar goes to....."?

Suspect is too young to be tried as an adult. He'll be out by the time he's 25.

LE has spent over 2,000 man-hours on the case.

Can Juveniles be Tried in Adult Court?
Children as young as 14 may be tried in California in adult criminal court through any one of the following mechanisms:
• After the prosecutor files a “fitness” petition in juvenile court and a hearing is held at which the juvenile court judge finds the minor unfit for rehabilitation in the juvenile system based on five “fitness” criteria.
• Direct file in adult criminal court at the discretion of the prosecutor.
• Automatic trial as an adult for a small number of aggravated offenses at age 14 or older with a prior offense.
http://www.pjdc.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Fact-Sheet-for-Upload-Juveniles-in-Adult-Court.pdf

Yeah he will go through juvenile court

BBM

In that case they would be interested in taking the DVD's, not the TV.

I'm wondering if perhaps he was playing games on the TV just before it happened. Maybe they found some indication of blood on it that the locals had missed.

What I am wondering about is they said they found DNA. What kind of DNA? And where did they find it?

Good point about the games he could have been playing at the time...

I wonder if they took a computer, too?

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads