GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;uEWndBDRsbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEWndBDRsbc&list=UUZdj-ugjab2U3xm25tT-IpA&index=34[/video]

8:53 minutes into presser you can cue it to where macedo talks about crystal/parents/bio etc

(paraphrased by LE at presser) for those who wanted a link

Update Fowler Murder

"Sgt. Chris Hewitt says, "All of the information which is from over 300 separate residences has to be complied and put into a data base. It will be reviewed by our investigators that are assigned to follow up on tips and leads. They will figure out from there if there are any legitimate tips that we need to follow up on."

Hewitt says it could take weeks before investigators have checked all the tips. There is still no suspect in the murder."

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/lo...m_source=RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=News

Also said the dives were over.

"They will figure out from there if there are any legitimate tips that we need to follow up on."

There are many cases that we will follow up on each & every tip including psychics, the above statement leads me to believe they are much further on in the investigation than this article seems to imply. I get the impression they are building a case vs. looking for an unknown suspect, but I certainly maybe wrong.

BTW dinaslala, did you ever get through verification? I know the mods and admins have been swamped with the Jodi Arias trial and with the Ohio women so I hope they were able to get back to you.

No, not yet.. is there something I can do to assist them??

The intricacies family dynamic is not known to us and probably won't be. I don't even know that it SHOULD be. This family Barney, Crystal, Pricsilla and all the children his her and theirs have suffered a horrific loss and their lives are upside down right now in the middle of an active murder investigation.

No one is at their best under those circumstances. Period.

I hope this thread stays devoted to Leila and the crime and doesn't get side tracked in endless speculation about the family and custody situation. While it is sad that there are problems between the adults who loved Leila, I think we can all agree that all three adults loved this child.

I am struck by how some of our victims have never had even one. Leila had at least three parents who loved her. In that way I am happy for her. She got to experience that when so many victims don't in their short lives.

Well said.. thank you...

No, not yet.. is there something I can do to assist them??

I don't know. I think I will send a pm to one of the mods and just make sure you haven't slipped through the cracks. This last week has been crazy due to the developments in those high profile cases. A huge influx of traffic and new members has created a lot for the admins and mods to cover.

Hang in there dinaslala, and thanks again for being with us.

OT I love your username. My sister and I have nicknames within the family. Little ones have trouble pronouncing my name and so yaya is what came out. My sister's name when pronounced by small kids came out lala. Both stuck so I am known as yaya and she is known as lala

Edit: Removed quote from site.

I have read through some of the comments and I just can't believe how cruel some people can be! It just makes me so sad. Not only is this a horrible tragedy, but the devastation leaves in its wake just seems unbearable.

I just read through those comments and I followed up with an email to the Calavera's Sheriff's dept. Here's a copy:

If this is the truth...The dispatcher taking this call, should be fired. I commend your office, for the investigation you are doing regarding this priceless little girl's death. I don't recall following any case that has seemingly been done so carefully. However, until you make an arrest, no one should be putting information out, that could ruin another child's life. This type of derogatory information certainly should not come from one of your own county dispatchers. The brother is only 12 years old. I do not have an opinion on who killed this child. Absolute consideration needs to taken, when dealing with any child. How horrible would it be, to be 12 years old, be labeled a murderer, and in the end be innocent. Your life would be destroyed...Although his life will never be the same after the murder of his little sister.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/155148/8yearold_leila_fowlers_murder_case?next=31#comments

This is the post I am referring to:

cali-veras Monday at 10:17 PM:stormingmad:

Dinaslala, I apologize if I missed it but have you submitted your information using the process described here Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community to request verification? If not please do so. If you have and have not heard from anyone yet then I can only assume the busy time at WS has prevented your request from being followed up. The link describes exactly how to become verified and what the process involves, including how the information you provide is not published here or elsewhere but is simply used to contact you and verify your identity.

I hope this helps to move the process along.

So it sounds as though this may be quite a waiting game on the investigation. This whole family dynamic conversation has really weighed on my mind today. I am just so sad to hear that there are issues revolving around the family on both sides as well as the children, who must be dealing with such heartache right now. I pray that they can all find some peace and that somehow, some way, this brings Leila's loved ones closer together rather than tearing them further apart.

Yes, Tlcya she has been awaiting verification for a week or so.

thanks MsF, wasn't sure if she knew to submit formal request. I have been reassured it is being followed up on.

My apologies for the wait you are experiencing dinaslala.

I just read through those comments and I followed up with an email to the Calavera's Sheriff's dept. Here's a copy:

If this is the truth...The dispatcher taking this call, should be fired. I commend your office, for the investigation you are doing regarding this priceless little girl's death. I don't recall following any case that has seemingly been done so carefully. However, until you make an arrest, no one should be putting information out, that could ruin another child's life. This type of derogatory information certainly should not come from one of your own county dispatchers. The brother is only 12 years old. I do not have an opinion on who killed this child. Absolute consideration needs to taken, when dealing with any child. How horrible would it be, to be 12 years old, be labeled a murderer, and in the end be innocent. Your life would be destroyed...Although his life will never be the same after the murder of his little sister.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/155148/8yearold_leila_fowlers_murder_case?next=31#comments

This is the post I am referring to:

cali-veras Monday at 10:17 PM:stormingmad:

I have already heard back from the Sheriff's Dept. They are looking into these derogatory comments made by the dispatcher. They said a "gag" order had been placed on all un-involved personnel the day of the murder or the following day.

Since we really don't know many details....I was wondering about this...If the rest of the family left the house at 9am or so...Could Leila have been murdered sometimes during the night or early morning hours, and the family thought she was simply asleep? Maybe she was a deep sleeper or slept in late, when she could, or she stayed up late the night before. Maybe both kids were sleeping in their own beds. If she had been asleep, it seems much more likely she could have been brutally stabbed and not screamed out. If people in this town don't even lock their doors at night, all a murderer would have to do is slip right in the door, and not leave any signs of a break-in. That murderer could have walked or driven away, without anyone knowing he/she was around.

Since we really don't know many details....I was wondering about this...If the rest of the family left the house at 9am or so...Could Leila have been murdered sometimes during the night or early morning hours, and the family thought she was simply asleep? Maybe she was a deep sleeper or slept in late, when she could, or she stayed up late the night before. Maybe both kids were sleeping in their own beds. If she had been asleep, it seems much more likely she could have been brutally stabbed and not screamed out. If people in this town don't even lock their doors at night, all a murderer would have to do is slip right in the door, and not leave any signs of a break-in. That murderer could have walked or driven away, without anyone knowing he/she was around.

Good questions, Roselle...

I have been wondering about the exact time of the attack, as well...

JMO

But if the attack happened the night before, then the son would have to be lying about seeing an intruder that afternoon.

I haven't been able to find part 2 of the interview with Leila's mother - the follow up promised by CBS Sacramento at 6 and 10 last night. I stayed up very late last night waiting for it (east coast here), and have checked throughout the day.

Has anyone else found it? If not, I'm going to email the reporter and ask if they'll be publishing another article or uploading another video.

No Cheese, I haven't and I've been looking. Poor Priscilla looks shellshocked in the first installment. But I have seen nothing on the promised 10 oclock continuation and her statements regarding how she was prevented from attending the funeral.

Interesting Roselle.. I hadnt' thought of that at all. But could be. I wonder if the MO has an exact time of death :(

If this is what happened, I find it difficult to believe she would still be alive at noon, which apparently she was until proclaimed dead at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay