GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some have asked, is he a quiet boy or outgoing, etc. I believe strongly that he is not a quiet kid, his eyes are very intense, projecting strongly outwards. At the same time his facial expression and behaviour seems flat. It's very odd.

I would be surprised if the parents ever thought IF was involved. They were in anguish, pain from the tragedy. If they had any idea he was involved, I don't believe they would have put the other kids in danger.

As for the people wanting money back, possibly shunning the family because they "think" the parents knew and covered up. Shame on them people.

I believe the LE would be able to tell if the parents "knew" or suspected IF. I believe the LE knew pretty quick who was responsible but had to have concrete evidence.I'll bet the LE didn't even tell the parents they believed IF to be involved.

According to the article, people want money back because of concern that these money will go for his defense.
Sounds totally understandable to me.

I would like to ask LE a question.

1) Did they from the start that the brother killed Leila? If so, why on earth they let the brother stay with his family and siblings for 2 weeks. That is scary. If I was LE, and if I suspect the brother from the begining, I would NOT let him freely go to school, and sleep together in the same house with all his siblings.

and If they didn't know from the begining that the brother was the killer, then that 12 year olds kid surely good, he was able to hide evidence, and let LE hunt him down for 2 week straight.

But.. most here believe that LE know from the begining that the brother was involved, then please answer why you let him stay with his siblings for 2 weeks, that is dangerous and scary. I wonder how do the siblings feel after find out that they stay with the killer for the whole 2 weeks.

When people gave money to benefit this family they knew, or should have known based on the same limited facts we all had, that the brother could end up being the perpetrator. And yet they gave, at the time, apparently unconditionally.

I think its rather tacky to ask for a donation back and suddenly it be conditional. But that is JMO.

I would like to ask LE a question.

1) Did they from the start that the brother killed Leila? If so, why on earth they let the brother stay with his family and siblings for 2 weeks. That is scary. If I was LE, and if I suspect the brother from the begining, I would NOT let him freely go to school, and sleep together in the same house with all his siblings.

and If they didn't know from the begining that the brother was the killer, then that 12 year olds kid surely good, he was able to hide evidence, and let LE hunt him down for 2 week straight.

But.. most here believe that LE know from the begining that the brother was involved, then please answer why you let him stay with his siblings for 2 weeks, that is dangerous and scary. I wonder how do the siblings think after find out that they stay with the killer for the whole 2 weeks.

Happens with adult killers as well, ALL the time. They needed to gather all the evidence and wait till their ducks were in a row before they made an arrest. They don't just go arresting people ...then start building a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe without easy access to a weapon, it wouldnt have happened at all. I dont think anyone should discount the immaturity of a child's brain. Absolutely not in a crime like this one. Take for example the 12 year old who shot his pregnant step mother. Or the 12 year old who shot his Neo Nazi father. Kids get raging and angry, most especially imvho, a tween boy. They cant handle it and depending on the kind of child they are, they will off load it in a specific way. Maybe she was teasing him, maybe there was a slap fight that got out of hand. Maybe he was supposed to go to the game but she was sick and he had to stay and watch her or he was being punished..I dont know what triggered him but at some point he decided to get a knife and end it. And it wasnt enough to stab her once-he was still driven by whatever caused him to do it (I think clearly it was anger) until something stopped him. Maybe the knife broke or he finally came to his senses. And then he lied about it...kids lie when they know they are going to get into trouble.

To me, from my 30K foot view, this is a sibling squabble magnified to the millionth degree and gone terribly terribly wrong. And I think there is a possibility that he was on a stimulant of some kind because the dx du jour for kids these days is ADD or ADHD. (Which doesnt mean, of course, that kids arent appropriately diagnosed and treated for those challenges.)

From an outsiders point of view, there was a lot going on in this large blended family.

Let's PLEASE not even assume anything about this child's mental health. There is no correlation with kids and ADD/ADHD medicated or not hurting people.

Jmo

When people gave money to benefit this family they knew, or should have known based on the same limited facts we all had, that the brother could end up being the perpetrator. And yet they gave, at the time, apparently unconditionally.

I think its rather tacky to ask for a donation back and suddenly it be conditional. But that is JMO.

I agree that it is rather tacky but I think we are seeing an emotional reaction to news that while perhaps not completely unexpected was shocking nonetheless.

I can understand being upset it might go to his defense. But there is something inherently tacky about donating money then asking for it back.
Their daughter was horribly murdered so the intention was for the murdered child and what the family use the money for is up to them.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

There's a group on FB for Valley Springs residents. Someone posted on it that locals need to stop talking to the media to say how how ~annoyed they are about this, and how they were inconvenienced for two weeks. If they want to rant, they should do it in private instead of to the media where their words could be seen by the family or even influence the opinions of others in the town. I guess people think the family covered it up, but there's no proof of this, and they are still victims.

I can understand being upset it might go to his defense. But there is something inherently tacky about donating money then asking for it back.
Their daughter was horribly murdered so the intention was for the murdered child and what the family use the money for is up to them.

Plus the logistics of getting the money back to everyone. It would be a mess.

From what I've read, people donated thinking the money would go to the other children, or to help with funeral costs for Leila. I would want my money back, if I felt it was going to be used with something I disagree with. You see, people want to know their money is being used for the other children, or for her burial. I see nothing wrong with objecting to their money being used otherwise. I don't think it's tacky. I think what is tacky, is taking money donated for the welfare of the innocent children, and using it for the implicated child. (I'm not syaing they would do that, but I understand the fear and objection.)

If they truly believe he murdered her, why on earth would they want their money used to possibly defend him?

Plus the logistics of getting the money back to everyone. It would be a mess.

Not to mention that with the cost of burials, cemetery plots, etc. it is very unlikely that enough money was raised to even cover those costs, let alone enough left over to apply to the defense.

If they are really really concerned, they could make an arrangement with the funeral home and family to pay the funeral home directly and not give the money to the family to disperse. Family could advise them of the amount needed to pay funeral home for instance, then they could go write the funeral home a check. If any monies are left, they could be applied for a headstone.

I agree. I donate without strings.

I thought it was interesting that the Stepmom said they were taken by surprise that he was arrested. Weren't the cops making it clear they were suspicious of their son?

I think there is a visceral reaction to want to blame the parents, thus not want to support them. Bad parenting is a huge issue and it is easier to assume that these parents failed their their son & daughter rather than try to grasp that sometimes kids from good families do bad things. "There but for the grace of God, go I" doesn't apply if you can point fingers at what others did wrong and *know* you would never make those mistakes.

I agree. I donate without strings.

Let's face it - Americans donate through their tax dollars to fund things through the government that would make all of us cringe. Someone giving 20 or 50 dollars for this family should think of the bigger picture. JMO.

I thought it was interesting that the Stepmom said they were taken by surprise that he was arrested. Weren't the cops making it clear they were suspicious of their son?

Was it Crystal who was taken by surprise? Or Priscilla? I never know who the media is referring to when they say mom, stepmom, etc.

Was it Crystal who was taken by surprise? Or Priscilla? I never know who the media is referring to when they say mom, stepmom, etc.

I saw it on a local news report,and they said his 'family' as they were showing the vigil. But it was not said clearly which members..so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills