GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First it was postponed, then cancelled altogether.

Yes he is. But does that extend to his ability to clean up like a professional? I doubt it.

BBM.

It's amazing what one can accomplish when one is motivated. And fear, fear of being caught, can be an intense motivator. Although, clearly, the brother didn't do a perfect job of cleaning up the murder scene, or he wouldn't have been caught. Especially considering, IMO, LE suspected him very early on.

Ok, he could have not changed his clothes and claimed that the blood was there cause he tried to help her. But he also would have had blood spatter in his hair for example, and likely cuts to his hands, and cops *should* immediately recognize that this doesn't fit his story.

Maybe they didn't.

I really don't see why it's difficult to think a 12 year old could clean up a knife, jump in the shower and hide his clothes. It's perfectly possible. This kid had it all planned IMO. Right down to the description of the man 'who ran away'.

Don't forget all the blood around the body wouldn't need to be cleaned away as this was a murder scene after all and he'd know not to clean all that up. JMO.

But if he did change his clothes - where did he put them? Hide them as Sarahlou says? Where? In the house? The house was treated as a crime scene, they would have been found immediately. In the washing machine? It would look odd that he decides to wash his clothes in the hour his sister lies dying. Outside somewhere? Was it him the neighbour saw? And if he hid them outside why were they not found in the search? Or were they?

So many questions ...

The first time I heard of the killing I said to myself "The brother did it." Sad really. Probably no good reason for killing her, not that there is ever a "good" reason to kill.

God bless the family.

and if that was the case, why would the neighbor recant?

Seems I read the neighbor was 18 or 19 and female. Restaurant owners commented in an article that she was normal. Suspicious to me. Want to know how much involvement/interaction this neighbor had with the family/children.

I am confused. Why has the family not seen the evidence yet. Is the boy with a lawyer... ? Do they have to wait to charge before showing evidence? How is it possible to hold someone if they are not showing what they have on them? tia

I am confused. Why has the family not seen the evidence yet. Is the boy with a lawyer... ? Do they have to wait to charge before showing evidence? How is it possible to hold someone if they are not showing what they have on them? tia

LE is under no obligation to share what evidence they have with the family or the media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE is under no obligation to share what evidence they have with the family or the media

Exactly. LE will have to share evidence with defense at some point. Then presumably defense can share with the family. But LE isn't obligated to share with press or family members.

No, LE doesn't have to wait to charge before showing evidence.

For what it's worth, I am glad there is a person in custody, but I really wish it wasn't revealed that it was her brother. The family has enough to go through with Leila's death, never mind the son /brother being accused of the crime. It doesn't help anybody that LE announced WHO it was.
I think it is 100% important to annouce this, we need to know we don't have to fear an intruder, etc. This person committed MURDER, plain and simple, why should his identity be kept hidden?

Ok, he could have not changed his clothes and claimed that the blood was there cause he tried to help her. But he also would have had blood spatter in his hair for example, and likely cuts to his hands, and cops *should* immediately recognize that this doesn't fit his story.

Maybe they didn't.

But if he did change his clothes - where did he put them? Hide them as Sarahlou says? Where? In the house? The house was treated as a crime scene, they would have been found immediately. In the washing machine? It would look odd that he decides to wash his clothes in the hour his sister lies dying. Outside somewhere? Was it him the neighbour saw? And if he hid them outside why were they not found in the search? Or were they?

So many questions ...

Umm, creepy thought but he could have used one of those knives that has a hand guard at the base of the handle. I don't know what it is called but I've seen this kind. It's a metal piece that sticks out on each side so your hand doesn't slide down.

As for the blood spattered clothes, if it was premeditated he could have taken everything off except his underwear, or even naked. A quick shower and the blood is gone.

Hmm, that raises the question of bloody footprints. How did he not leave tracks to the shower of that's what he did?

I wonder, what room was she killed in?

MOO

If the victim is smaller and weaker than the attacker, is it unreasonable that she was being held face down, and stabbed in the back, possibly thru sweatshirt and such? If there wasn't a frenzy, would there be splatter and spray? Not trying to be so graphic, but I can see the attacker not being totally covered in blood and able to clean himself up.
As for the parents, I would also need to hear the evidence. But if they get good evidence, I hope they can talk to their child, everyone makes mistakes, even huge ones, but you need to own up and take your punishment. I would also explain the only way to ever move on, is to take responsibility. If the child has a mental defect, surely the parents have had a hint in previous actions.
One of my brothers, was that kid, always in trouble, at home and school, even mean to animals. I remember the first time I heard that was an early sign of a serial killer, but he never did any crimes, was never abusive to his siblings, and now is a credit to society. In our small town, even years later, his former teachers would ask, what became of him. I knew why, and I was also surprised that he turned out so well.

I don't buy that this was a run of the mill sibling disagreement, like over the TV or video games, etc. Sadly, the theory that he may have been abusing L. & she threatened to tell makes a lot of sense to me.
I also don't buy that this 12yo is in any way, a 'regular/normal/average' kid. A child doesn't suddenly snap & violently stab a sibling 21 times. Siblings fight & maybe hit or kick each other, pull hair, or push. Not only did the 12yo have to somehow obtain a knife (walk to the kitchen?), he had to stab her over 20 times. Not once did he come to his senses? Not once did he stop to think? He could have stabbed her a couple of times, come to his senses, & stopped. She might have lived. Stabbing someone 21 times takes time & physical effort. L. would have been screaming & fighting for her life.
21 times. I have no sympathy for this 12yo. I have huge doubts whether evil of this magnitude, of juvenile age or not, can be rehabilitated.
RIP, little L. I can't imagine the suffering you went through. :(

THAT is exactly my thoughts.

we all trash Jodi arias left and right for brutally stabbing Travis over 20 times....this boy is no less f'd up than Jodi. and she has a following of family and friends who stand by her no matter what. and so will this boy because he is so young.

IMO something was going on in that house that we may never know about....and it was not good.

If he had thrown something at her or pushed her and somehow she died in the process, I can understand as that being an accident or him not realizing he could really do harm. He stabbed her 20 times!!!! He is old enough to know right vs. wrong. He also knew HOW to cover up his crime and HOW to lie to get the attention off of himself.

I do NOT believe this kid can be rehabilitated because no kid with a normal mind could commit such an act as this. He should never ever ever ever be allowed to walk amongst society again.

I don't care how young he is. The boy is evil. Period.

For what it's worth, I am glad there is a person in custody, but I really wish it wasn't revealed that it was her brother. The family has enough to go through with Leila's death, never mind the son /brother being accused of the crime. It doesn't help anybody that LE announced WHO it was.

uhhhh hell YES IT DOES. It lets the people in that area know that there is not some mad man murderer on the lose and they can now live their life w/out being in fear!!!

and why would we hide the hideous crime of a human just because of their age or to spare the family? a criminal is a criminal and for us to cater them and act like they don't exist is only enabling them and future criminals.

Leila's death set off an intense manhunt in the rural community where some residents had moved to escape big city crime. The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office spent more than 2,000 man-hours amassing evidence and searching door-to-door.

Residents of the rural community began locking their doors and calling authorities when they thought they saw men who fit the description.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130514/DA693FIG1.html

And now innocent men who fit the lying kid's description wont be targeted!
NOW they don't have to worry.

THAT is exactly my thoughts.

we all trash Jodi arias left and right for brutally stabbing Travis over 20 times....this boy is no less f'd up than Jodi. and she has a following of family and friends who stand by her no matter what. and so will this boy because he is so young.

IMO something was going on in that house that we may never know about....and it was not good.

If he had thrown something at her or pushed her and somehow she died in the process, I can understand as that being an accident or him not realizing he could really do harm. He stabbed her 20 times!!!! He is old enough to know right vs. wrong. He also knew HOW to cover up his crime and HOW to lie to get the attention off of himself.

I do NOT believe this kid can be rehabilitated because no kid with a normal mind could commit such an act as this. He should never ever ever ever be allowed to walk amongst society again.

I don't care how young he is. The boy is evil. Period.

A huge part to me is the fact she was sooo much younger, weaker and smaller than him. Its absolutely depraved.
I do believe it was planned.
We gave heard nothing about anger issues, holes punched in the walls, etc...
He simply hated her that day.

There's definitely more to the story. Based on some of the true crime shows I've watched, I have a feeling there is going to be another arrest in this case. I'm thinking that neighbor had some involvement.

People saying the kid could have just jumped in the shower are not being realistic. Unless it was premeditated (which it might well be) the kid would have SOMETHING on him. Stabbing someone 21 times means you are close to the person while they are bleeding. There would have been something on him or some indication that would have been an indication from the start. Even if it took a few days or weeks to sort it out, they would have a clear charge.

Seems to me they are trying to scare a confession out of him or an implication of someone else. Where is the murder weapon? Perhaps a tree in the backyard has a hole he dropped it down?

There's definitely more to the story. Based on some of the true crime shows I've watched, I have a feeling there is going to be another arrest in this case. I'm thinking that neighbor had some involvement.

People saying the kid could have just jumped in the shower are not being realistic. Unless it was premeditated (which it might well be) the kid would have SOMETHING on him. Stabbing someone 21 times means you are close to the person while they are bleeding. There would have been something on him or some indication that would have been an indication from the start. Even if it took a few days or weeks to sort it out, they would have a clear charge.

Seems to me they are trying to scare a confession out of him or an implication of someone else. Where is the murder weapon? Perhaps a tree in the backyard has a hole he dropped it down?

why blame a neighbor? maybe family helped cover it up? it happens.

I agree that's a lot of "evidence" to get rid off in such a short amount of time so maybe there was some help.....but Id pinpoint that help closer to home than some stranger. Im NOT saying parents are guilty of anything, but I don't put anything past anyone anymore. my brother tried to cover up the crime of my mother...he tried pretty hard. so again, I don't trust anyone until proven they can be trusted and innocent.

to this day is till believe Deborah Bradley killed her baby and her husband helped her dispose of the body.

Why not the neighbor, what kind of person pretends to witness a person fleeing a crime scene? What motivation would they have? Could be a nut job but we'll see.

Some people are easily influenced. You ask them leading questions and they start thinking they saw something they didn't. Maybe the neighbor is one of those.

I wonder what would drive him to kill his own sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi