GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're talking about a different picture.

This is the one I was referring to in my post:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...373212.-2207520000.1368333762.&type=3&theater

I think I can post this...Apologies if it's against the rules.

Are they all Crystal's biological children pictured or step children? How many children does she have? (And supposedly pregnant at the moment.)

I am with gitana1, would someone mind explaining the family dynamic and custody battle issues please?

When the violence is that extreme, it is almost always a family member or "loved" one. LE knows that.

In this case, I expect there was plenty of evidence, but LE did not want to be hasty. The end result was going to be the same. And LE showed willingness to, seemingly, to consider other options, just in case.

They wouldn't want to arrest a minor on a hunch and knew he was not going anywhere while they were gathering evidence.

I'm going to pray for their whole family tonight. Forgiveness-healing-hope.

A couple of us :wave: were talking offline by PM, about our suspicions about the brother.

It seemed weird that he called his parents about an intruder being ion the house, instead of calling 911.
It seemed weird that he did not hear her being stabbed to death. I know he might have been wearing headphones while gaming, but if he heard an intruder, then he would have heard her being slaughtered, imo.
It was odd that the original versions said that he 'chased the intruder away.'

Why would a crazed killer who had just stabbed a child to death, ever run away from a 12 yr old unarmed boy?

But seeing his picture at the candle light vigil clinched it for me. I expected to see a grief stricken, broken young boy, and I didnt see that.

SOOOOOOOO HEARTBREAKING.

This is one more example off me being a horrible judge of people. I thought for sure it was an intruder.

Apparently all those years at WS hasn't learned me nothin'.

:D

I'm with you, maybe we're not horrible judges of people, we're just not completely jaded......yet. Some of the things we read about here defy all logic. It's much easier for me to believe an uncaring, psycho stranger would kill an innocent 8 year old, than her own brother, who is himself a child.

I'm with you, maybe we're not horrible judges of people, we're just not completely jaded......yet. Some of the things we read about here defy all logic. It's much easier for me to believe an uncaring, psycho stranger would kill an innocent 8 year old, than her own brother, who is himself a child.

The uncaring psycho strangers may have been someone's 12-year old brother once...

I'll try to explain the family dynamic the best I can:

Leila and the 12-year-old brother have the same mom (Priscilla) and father (Barney). According to an interview by Priscilla, there was a custody battle, and it looks like Barney had full custody.

In the pictures, there's another sister, an older brother (J. Fowler) and two younger brothers.

I think that everyone in the family picture except for the youngest boy has the same parents; Barney and Priscilla. I think Crystal is the mother of the youngest boy because she posted a lot of pictures of just him on FB.

I'm pretty sure Crystal is pregnant. There are people congratulating her and Barney and saying they are excited on one of her pictures One child is dead, another is in jail, and one is on the way.

Saw the pics and the comments.. can you confirm?? Cause I cant.....scratch that..I got my answer...

Saw the pics and the comments.. can you confirm?? Cause I cant.....

How is Priscilla? She must be devastated. :rose: I hope she has a good support network to help her through this nightmare.

Second to last kid in the picture. LINK: http://cache.comcorpusa.com/440/0/crop/fox44/media/news/S021521097.1367327459.jpg

That's not the picture I was talking about though...but he has the same exact expression in both.

BBM and link added for clarity

THAT's the 12-yr old? Woah...I've been confused. I thought he was identified in these threads as the one who was crying so much in the vigil photos, the one Dad had a 'steadying' hand on. Even the bio mom said he was taking it very hard. I thought the kid right behind Leila in the linked family photo above with the longish hair was the 12-yr old. I just couldn't imagine him savvy enough to make it this difficult for LE to figure out it was him (evidence-wise)...was pretty sure an adult had to have had a part in this crime. Somehow I don't feel relieved it was her brother. Sad all around...and what a horrendous Mother's Day for Priscilla. :(

The second to the last kid in that family photo has a blank expression in the family photo as well as at the vigil. He looks older than 12 to me. (Are y'all sure that's him?)

Is there a link to vigil pics? TIA!

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392923/leila-fowler-search-for-girls.html

Awwww, I am sure you both are not horrible judges of people & neither is anyone who was suspicious of the brother are jaded. Many cases do defy logic & you have to put the puzzle pieces together (trying to keep preconceived ideas & emotions out of it) with facts, but you have to also read between the lines & apply common sense JMO. Nobody knows the truth until an arrest as none of us have all the facts.

In the end it doesn't matter who was right or who was wrong...everyone that shows-up here out of their busy lives does so because they cared about a missing or murdered person that they mostly likely never-even met before. I love that about W/S.

BBM

THAT's the 12-yr old? Woah...I've been confused. I thought he was identified in these threads as the one who was crying so much in the vigil photos, the one Dad had a 'steadying' hand on. Even the bio mom said he was taking it very hard. I thought the kid right behind Leila in the family photo with the longish hair was the 12-yr old. I just couldn't imagine him savvy enough to make it this difficult for LE to figure out it was him (evidence-wise)...was pretty sure an adult had to have had a part in this crime. Somehow I don't feel relieved it was her brother. Sad all around...and what a horrendous Mother's Day for Priscilla. :(

The second to the last kid in that family photo has a blank expression in the family photo as well as at the vigil. He looks older than 12 to me. (Are y'all sure that's him?)

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392923/leila-fowler-search-for-girls.html

I'm talking about the boy in both pictures with the hat and Bob Marley shirt. I am very sure that's him. In the obituary, I is the third child listed. J. F. is listed first, he's 17, and he spoke at the vigil so we know he's the one seated last in the line. He looks young in that picture, but in the picture on Crystal's FB, he looks his age. There is one girl listed in the obituary (AF) and she's obviously the other girl in both pictures. The next child listed is I. The other two boys in the pictures are younger than him.

I'll try to explain the family dynamic the best I can:

Leila and the 12-year-old brother have the same mom (Priscilla) and father (Barney). According to an interview by Priscilla, there was a custody battle, and it looks like Barney had full custody.

In the pictures, there's another sister, an older brother (J. Fowler) and two younger brothers.

I think that everyone in the family picture except for the youngest boy has the same parents; Barney and Priscilla. I think Crystal is the mother of the youngest boy because she posted a lot of pictures of just him on FB.

Thank you so much Eileenhawkeye! This helps clear up a lot of my confusion. Sometimes in crimes like these, parents are in complete denial about their own child's involvement, it will be incredibly difficult for Priscilla and others to process and come to terms with this tragedy.

EVERYONE - please pay attention here. Remember that this is a minor, a very young minor at that. Please keep in mind our TOS. We don't post pictures or names of innocent minors and we do NOT sleuth them.

We don't post pictures or use the name of a minor perp. If you quote from MSM, you should change the minor's name to initials - even though it is in the article.

Links to MSM are fine, as always, but links to social media need to be approved by a Mod FIRST.

Please try to keep in mind that we want to do everything we can to protect the innocent. That's the goal.

If you have questions or concerns or you want to post something but you are not sure - pm a Mod and they will help you.

Thanks,

Salem

How is Priscilla? She must be devastated. :rose: I hope she has a good support network to help her through this nightmare.

Shes absolutely devastated, angry..

Being torn in 2 such unimaginable directions..

There is so much hate and blame being thrown around from both the inside AND outside of this family at eachother..

Please please (praying) let this not get any worse...

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 20m

Organizer of big #LeilaFowler fundraising dinner cancels event. Cites "hurt & anger" within the community. @KTVU

I am so sad to hear that this is the outcome .. the poor mother .. it's so heartbreaking for all the family, absolutely devastating .. I really feel for her, and everyone close to the situation :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy