GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the violence is that extreme, it is almost always a family member or "loved" one. LE knows that.

In this case, I expect there was plenty of evidence, but LE did not want to be hasty. The end result was going to be the same. And LE showed willingness to, seemingly, to consider other options, just in case.

When the news was first aired I told my hubs "watch, the brother did it, mark my words!" Later that day I came on WS and others were hinting around. Then the neighbor and knife thing. The rumored 21 stab wounds sealed it up for me. 21 stab sounds is over kill and it expresses extreme hate. Who would hate a 8 year old that much? What kind of intruder stabs a little girl 21 times? All answers pointed to one person unfortunately :( .

I wasn't following the case too closely and now am stunned to see this detail...21 stab wounds...unbelievable.

On Crystal's FB, there is a picture of the family. The 12-year-old brother looks ODD. Yes, I know this is in hindsight. But...in the picture, the 17-year-old brother is also not smiling but there is just a huge difference in their expressions. IDK, Maybe it's the brows.

Anyone have a link?

Edit: Nvm i see its posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can say is "wow". When I first heard about the killing and that they were searching the area, my first thought was, "why bother, the brother did it". It was just instinct. Then when the neighbor recanted her story (she had claimed to see the "suspect"), I was more positive LE was wasting time searching elsewhere.

From now on, I'm going with my first instinct in these cases. It settles things faster for me.

The poor child, stabbed to death by a member of her own family. Then he wastes all that time and money sending LE on a wild goose chase. I have many words but I'll shut up. :facepalm:

BBM. I go by stats and that pans out most of the time. In this case it was someone known to or last with the victim, is the most likely person in any homicide case. Then add that most stranger on stranger homicides happen in urban areas. And family or close to family is more common in rural areas.

Me too. So not what I wanted to hear would be the outcome.

Of course it was easy to immediately think about him as the possible perp but then I heard a witness had seen someone and of course I will never forget the case of Michael Crowe.

I'm so jaded that I have to be reminded that there is the exception to the rule. I appreciated that reminder in this thread.

Thanks.

In the third picture down.... Creepy.

Yes thats the pic that me feel a bit creeped out. It's almost a smirk or a very "whatever" look while his family is breaking down around him.
I bet that CW wont be asking to be called the mother of the 12yo

Anyone have a link?

Edit: Nvm i see its posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is it posted? And is Crystal the step-mom? What is the family dynamic here? i read there was a huge custody battle? And I see photos of several children. Anyone know?

Ok, I saw it. Even in the face of a death and this arrest, I see there are still snarky remarks and anger being flung around in connection with the custody issue. Maybe that caused the kid to lose it. I don't know.

I'm with the others, figured this was coming but hoped for another outcome. This is just so tragic. :(

Thinking of the Fowlers, Pricilla and the people of the small Valley Springs community. Also, though our insider here was never verified she's done a great job providing clarification here and I can't imagine how difficult this must be for her as well. Hang in there, Dinaslala!

BBM. I go by stats and that pans out most of the time. In this case it was someone known to or last with the victim, is the most likely person in any homicide case. Then add that most stranger on stranger homicides happen in urban areas. And family or close to family is more common in rural areas.

Good point. Add to that all the emotions that drive families, including blended step-families, well, sometimes...

Twenty-one stab wounds. That's some rage.

I have a question, was the 12 year olds that killed Leila's is her bio-brother or her step brother.
I read in the previous pages comments, someone said that there different sources of some said the bio-brother, and some said the step-brother. Also a comments I saw said that this blended family also have a step-brother who age is 12 also?
So in this blended family have two 12's year olds? I'm confuse.
So which 12 year olds killed Leila's? Any news source?

<modsnip>

I guess ABC was right with their headlines on this case.

I stayed totally away from this case here, and I see others did as well. TOS is TOS. It saddens me to know, even though I "knew" ... With so many stab wounds, he must have had cuts on his hands ... ?? Poor Leila!

It was a matter of time, for me, But I knew from the moment I saw him that he did it. I guess LE knew too. I am sure they wanted to have all the evidence they could before making this arrest. I want to hear the call between LE & IF (the 12 yr old).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy