GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

That's what I was saying earlier. I work with 12-yr-olds, and if he's 12, he's much more developed and much taller than others his age. He's taller than the older sister and almost as tall as the older brother. I'd say he looks about 14, but perhaps he went through an early growth spurt.

I would've thought the younger one with the longish hair looked 12.

If that really is him, then I guess he's just tall.

My son is 12 and is short bit many of his friends are as tall as this boy and even taller. It is funny to see them play baseball together. It looks like grown men playing with little kids!!! Until you get up close and see their faces better and here them talk-then you realize they are still little kids in a big body! This is the age when boys start shooting up at different rates. Some grow at this time and others not till high school. We are still waiting for mine to hit his growth spurt!

I agree -- I'd like to know what evidence LE has in order for them to make the arrest. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it -- how does the 12 year old go to the vigil and appear to be mourning, if he in fact did it. It's a wait and see thing right now. IMHO.

Mel

He did go to the vigil, but he didn't appear to be in mourning. JMO

If one goes on the SACBEE website and look at the comments about the case, someone said something that never occurred to me. It should have, but never thought of it. Would put the whole thing into perspective, if that was in fact what was going on. Again - only someone's opinion and suggestion, not a rumor, not a fact.

Do you have a link for that? I assume it's under an article? I can only find one article on sacbee for this case and that only has two comments which don't say anything interesting.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/11/5413711/brother-arrested-in-fatal-calif.html

If one goes on the SACBEE website and look at the comments about the case, someone said something that never occurred to me. It should have, but never thought of it. Would put the whole thing into perspective, if that was in fact what was going on. Again - only someone's opinion and suggestion, not a rumor, not a fact.

Not sure where to go for this. Do you have a link?

Are you talking about the link from earlier about the woman who said her daughter went to school with him? And the behavior seemed really off? If that is the case, it would seem a very different motive than what we are originally thinking at this time.

I am wondering about how much the family knew. Did this child show signs of serious behavioral/social issues? Or was he just extremely clever of hiding his true self from even those closest to him?

bbm

That's what I was saying earlier. I work with 12-yr-olds, and if he's 12, he's much more developed and much taller than others his age. He's taller than the older sister and almost as tall as the older brother. I'd say he looks about 14, but perhaps he went through an early growth spurt.

I would've thought the younger one with the longish hair looked 12.

If that really is him, then I guess he's just tall.

I totally agree with you about him looking older. He also looks like he is getting a mustache.

Sad all the way around.

The younger boy crying does not look 12 to me. The 12 year old does look 12 to me, but I have an 8 year old and 12 year old for reference. Some 12 year olds look 16 and some look 10. That's very normal for this age. All just my opinion of course. I agree he is a mature 12, but definitely falls in the normal range.

Edited to say if I posted a picture of my 12.5 year old she would look mature and tall next to me. I am 5'3" and she is 5'. Every single time I post a family picture on Facebook several people comment in how tall she is, how much she has grown. I suspect the sister in this family isn't really tall. Because in reality my daughter isn't tall she is average and appears tall next to me. (And probably looks big at 80 pounds which she's not, but she looks almost as big as me at 115 pounds so it throws people off).

I looked at Crystal's FB profile from one of the links posted here. Is that her with a joint in her mouth in one of her older pictures?

I lived thru the Stephanie Crowe case as a local and it was horrible what that family went thru. I'll never jump to a conclusion again. Although the 12 yo brother's story in this case sounded a bit unlikely, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I feel horrible for this family - what a nightmare.

in the comments it asked if its a birthday candle...you can see the colored swirls :)

Are you talking about the link from earlier about the woman who said her daughter went to school with him? And the behavior seemed really off? If that is the case, it would seem a very different motive than what we are originally thinking at this time.

I am wondering about how much the family knew. Did this child show signs of serious behavioral/social issues? Or was he just extremely clever of hiding his true self from even those closest to him?

And no, that wasn't the article. Not sure what that is about but this is likely something else.

My heart goes out to this family for their double loss. :(

Well I'm going to reserve my opinions on the son until later. But as for his size, he does appear to be pretty big for his age. I've got a big son for his age and he's still big. But size is relative to the whole family. In the pics he looks big with everyone but if dad is of average height or even slightly small for a grown man, then son may not be so big. If dad is say 5'6'' , short for a man, then son is not necessarily really TALL. But if he is really tall and big, I wonder if an abnormally extreme growth spurt could play into a real hormonal upheaval. Anyone with medical experience know ?

eta OR if an extremely abnormal hormonal SPURT could lead to a rapid growth spurt? either/or ?

I'm so sad for the family. Rest in Peace Leila!

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. It's horrifying for us as strangers, I can't even imagine what they are going through.

I understand this is a blended family, and bio-Mom is not currently in the picture. But the obit linked below states, there are three siblings who never met Leila?

Does anyone know if IF has any developmental issues?

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130505/A_NEWS21/305059996

BBM. I read that too and couldn't understand it.

Finally, the restraint I've exercised darn near killed me.

The boys story raised red flags all over the place from the start. LE knew who did it, just had to rule out all possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please forgive me if this has been posted already but I don't have time to go back through all of the posts (heading out to work...), but at 1:26 on this video it shows the father comforting the 12-year-old son at the vigil with the son's head on his chest. The reporter speaks about it...

[video=youtube;NqfMDTlCwB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqfMDTlCwB8[/video]

My son is really big for his age. He is so kind though. You might be correct in the size difference between dad and son may indicate he was adopted. But the doctor told us if my son reached puberty early he would quit growing then. That happened to my husband whom was always big but stopped when he hit puberty. I would assume he is probably a budding sociopath and we will hear about him hurting animals, starting fires and late bed-wetting. The reason I say that was his deliberate deception about the phantom man and because there were multiple stab wounds. One would suggest an accident, multiple suggests a murder.

bonaventure+sad+angel+headstone.jpg

My deepfelt prayers for everyone hurt by this unspeakable dubble tragedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97