GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the comments it asked if its a birthday candle...you can see the colored swirls :)

Ya, you're right. I went back and looked more closely. It still looked like a joint but then I saw the lines on it. :blushing:

OMG- I unplug for a day, and come back to find this!! My first clue was that "Active Search" in red was not on LF's thread anymore.

I can only say I am shocked... although he was the last person seen with her, to cover up evidence to the degree he did such that he was not immediately arrested is quite amazing to me for a 12 yr old. And to go to the vigils, funerals and be so calm/cool? WOW. I agree with another poster who said he wanted her dead. There was a deep hatred there. Has there been any mention by LE of any type of incestuous relationship? I am just floored, but glad there is going to be justice for Leila.

I disagree. Twelve year olds understand death and he wanted her very dead. IMO

I think he's twisted... not sure about mentally ill yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respect your opinion. My mum was very ill at that age, I tried to kill anyone in my sight. I was very violent because my mum was not around and she was in hospital and I wanted her home, I just hated everyone, I wanted my Mum home! I didn't understand. Now at 27, I realized I acted so crazy and feel so awful for the family who was trying to take care of me when my Mum could not. I was very violent to my Aunty who was only trying to look after our family. I respectfully disagree that a 12 year old would understand their violence results in death. It's a violent psychosis.

I am devastated for this family.

I steadfastly gave this boy the benefit of the doubt. In part because I am a mother and I felt protective of him in light of how harsh people can be. Always such a rush to judgment and I was so conscious of the fact that what is put out there cannot be taken back. In part because I am a mother and I did not want to imagine this outcome for this family. I cannot conceive of how this family will weather this and did not want to believe it would go this way.

I do not believe I will follow this case closely now. I do not think I can. My heart is broken for Leila, knowing her big brubby is responsible and how frightened she must have been. It is just too much to bear.

It seems to me that Barney and Crystal had no idea. I do not think they would continue to send him to talk to LE or opened a memorial fund if they knew the truth. I. Fowler was able to lie to LE so I don't see why he couldn't lie to his parents. At the vigil, yes he did look strange, but he also did things like rested his head on his dad and JF's shoulders, etc. He was capable of pretending to be sad. You would just think that he would be acting strange in that household or something. Maybe they had a nagging feeling they ignored. This was one of the reasons why I thought the brother might be innocent because it seemed like the parents were completely oblivious.

I can understand that in a way. First they were scared to death for themselves and their loved ones. They comforted their children after the loss of a classmate and tried to calm their fears. Their way of life was restricted when the search first started. Then they watched a massive search, which cost their county money and they will end up paying for. Next will be the cost of incarceration and a trial.

I can understand their being angry. But I hope that they can resolve it. I hope it doesn't spill out to the other children or even the parents.

Not to mention that the young man, if true, that he did in fact murder his sister, was left amidst the community (attending vigils, etc.) in the company of other people's children who could have very well been at risk of harm - obviously this young man is not stable if he could stab his sister 21 times and make up an intrudor story to boot. I don't blame the community for being angry! JMO ~

FWIW, I too noted from the beginning which child I think is the 12 year old and that in every photo and video I have seen him in his affect is flat. Disaffected. Disconnected. I had hoped it was the after affects of shock. I now wonder if there is something - else. Something is not right with this young man but without seeing him and his affect before this event it is hard to say with certainty.

It's fine to describe the way a child acts, but please do not diagnose them without the benefit of an MSM link stating the same or unless you are a verified professional in mental health.

:tyou:

I thought it was someone the girl knew or was close to because of the nature and circumstances of the crime

She was stabbed only? Why, early on, were they looking for sex offenders?
I was under the impression that if it was *only* murder, it was likely another child...perhaps due to a fit of jealous rage...

She was stabbed only? Why, early on, were they looking for sex offenders?
I was under the impression that if it was *only* murder, it was likely another child...perhaps due to a fit of jealous rage...

IMO when a child is the victim they always check sex offenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the attack occurred in Leila's bedroom as we have been led to believe by Priscilla (non custodial mom) and the removal of the bed by LE suggests that is true, then LE had to check out area RSOs and run a rape kit. It was SOP. Turns out the coroner said there was no sign of sexual assault, but LE could not know that in the first days.

I knew it was the brother, but I didn't realize that so many others suspected it, too.

I see that there is some sort of speculation about size. I know lots of boys through youth baseball who are nearly as tall as their parents by age 12. In fact, my son will hit 5 feet this summer, and he's just about to turn 10. I am 5-foot-8.

This was the outcome I'd suspected since Day One, but couldn't post for fear of violating TOS. So very sorry for this family. :(

OMG- I unplug for a day, and come back to find this!! My first clue was that "Active Search" in red was not on LF's thread anymore.

I can only say I am shocked... although he was the last person seen with her, to cover up evidence to the degree he did such that he was not immediately arrested is quite amazing to me for a 12 yr old. And to go to the vigils, funerals and be so calm/cool? WOW. I agree with another poster who said he wanted her dead. There was a deep hatred there. Has there been any mention by LE of any type of incestuous relationship? I am just floored, but glad there is going to be justice for Leila.

This is my question as well and it's been brought up on other MSM sites in the comments.

Below is a statement released today by the Calaveras Unified School District's Superintendent regarding the arrest in the murder of former student Leila Fowler:

In light of the recent arrest in the homicide of Leila Fowler, Calaveras Unified School District stands ready to provide whatever level of support and assistance is necessary to the Fowler family, as well as the students, staff, parents and CUSD community.

Our hearts and thoughts are with all who are impacted, directly and indirectly, by this unspeakably tragic turn of events.

Our appreciation and respect go to the Calaveras County Sheriff's Department for the dedicated and thorough nature of the investigation, as well as the attention paid to our school district in helping to provide a safe and secure environment for all.

Our primary ongoing objective is to provide a safe and productive learning environment for our students and staff, and we will mobilize all necessary resources in doing so.

We ask that, out of respect and acknowledgment of our quest to provide whatever degree of operational normalcy is possible, that the press and the community-at-large work with us in this endeavor.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/2089493/School-Speaks-On-12YearOlds-Arrest.html

I think LE knew he did it from the beginning but they wanted him to keep talking so they probably acted like they completely believed him in questioning, gave PC's where they talked about the intruder, etc. They probably also know about the Stephanie Crowe case so they needed to be cautious.

If she was stabbed in her bedroom....and it was said that the knives were cleaned which meant that the killer had to take the knives, walk to the nearest sink, and clean them? That was probably a huge red flag to LE.

ETA: Another thing is....The media seemed to be extremely pro-intruder theory. There wasn't even any "alleged intruder" in any of the articles. I wonder if LE asked them to "promote" the intruder theory as hard as they could because they didn't want the brother to stop talking? Or it could have just been that he's a minor so the media had to be extremely careful to not point the finger at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay