GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that last article means the father wasn't given any information about why the son was arrested (evidence, etc).

I refrained from posting on this case because I read the warnings and did not want a vacation! :scared:

I can now say I wasn't surprised in the least that IF has been charged. It seemed patently obvious from the first.

What I am puzzling over now is if he (IF) had some help cleaning up or covering up evidence. 21 stab wounds indicate anger or crime of passion. Having the presence of mind to shower, change clothes and get rid of weapons orcother evidence does not fit in with a crime of passion.

Especially when the killer is 12. :waitasec:

Could he have had some help in this? Did he have any friends? Someone who was either there for the murder or even called after the fact?

So many questions........

I hate it when news sources give the same info as yesterday, but write it like it new news. :D I'm wondering if the Sheriff's office canceled after the article yesterday, or did they give the parents more info and they canceled.

So I'm wondering since the parents don't know what evidence he's been charged with and also being we haven't heard yet, have they brought the homicide charges? If so, surely he'd have a lawyer that would be speaking to the parents. I thought you could only hold a person 48 to 72 hours before prosecutor brings charges.

I think charges should be brought soon.

I honestly don't know how this family is going to get through this. How do you forgive one young child for the horrific murder of another? I don't think I could reconcile my love for one child with my desire to have justice for the other. I suspect there will be a lot of fractured relationships within the family when this is over with.

I could imagine that too. Siblings taking sides, parents trying not to but have mixed feelings ... it must be very tense.

Her FB page has been taken down.

FWIW Crystal has finally pulled down her FB account.

Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it! Lol!

I refrained from posting on this case because I read the warnings and did not want a vacation! :scared:

I can now say I wasn't surprised in the least that IF has been charged. It seemed patently obvious from the first.

What I am puzzling over now is if he (IF) had some help cleaning up or covering up evidence. 21 stab wounds indicate anger or crime of passion. Having the presence of mind to shower, change clothes and get rid of weapons orcother evidence does not fit in with a crime of passion.

Could he have had some help in this? Did he have any friends? Someone who was either there for the murder or even called after the fact?

I have been puzzled for days over this. And I think the fact that legal experts mentioned that any cover up or misinformation by family members is also a crime shows that others are also wondering - why else mention it?

I was also speculating whether IF might have committed the crime together with a friend, and that was the person the neighbour saw running from the house. But then, why wouldn't IF give him up now?

There are conflicting accounts from those who know Leila Fowler's older brother, a seventh grader who some say was often in trouble, suspended even, but never violent.

"He was really sweet; I never thought he would do anything like that to his little sister like that, it's really kind of scary," classmate BT said.

"He would always have issues, one of those guys that would always be in trouble," classmate MU said.

snipped

Barney Fowler, the biological father of both Leila and her brother, told The Associated Press the family is backing the boy. The siblings' step grandmother Robin Walters told ABC7 News, "He loved his sister. We can't see him doing anything like this."

One Valley Springs student says the whole fowler family, including the 12-year-old brother, came to school last Friday to say goodbye, one day before the boy was arrested.

"He seemed nice and funny when I hugged him on Friday," JA said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=9100635#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-9100635

and if that was the case, why would the neighbor recant?

There are conflicting accounts from those who know Leila Fowler's older brother, a seventh grader who some say was often in trouble, suspended even, but never violent.

"He was really sweet; I never thought he would do anything like that to his little sister like that, it's really kind of scary," classmate BT said.

"He would always have issues, one of those guys that would always be in trouble," classmate MU said.

snipped

Barney Fowler, the biological father of both Leila and her brother, told The Associated Press the family is backing the boy. The siblings' step grandmother Robin Walters told ABC7 News, "He loved his sister. We can't see him doing anything like this."

One Valley Springs student says the whole fowler family, including the 12-year-old brother, came to school last Friday to say goodbye, one day before the boy was arrested.

"He seemed nice and funny when I hugged him on Friday," JA said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=9100635#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-9100635

BBM-Say WHAT?!?!? I don't get this at all!!!! They took him to school-entire family in tow-to say "goodbye???" Did they know he was going to be arrested??? I don't get this for a minute?? Who would do that???:scared:

"Thank you LE for letting us use your substation to give our PC today...and for issuing out a media release about it...but we think you falsely arrested our child...."

I completely understand Barney thinking IF is innocent...but it doesn't make sense to me that they seem to be coordinating the PC with LE? You would think it would be completely separate?

Did the parents actually give a press conference?? I have been searching for it. That quote is from the actual conference or from an article? I'm confused where it came from. Thank you:)

My apologies if this info is a repeat.

I am trying to keep up with reading the reactions to this horrid crime, from the people who live and work in that beautiful area.

From a link on previous page ( http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-leila-fowler-murder-20130513,0,5209603.story ) I read how an x-police officer/now coach, who knows almost every child in the area, sat his children down and had to explain early on that they didn't have anything to fear because it was the brother that did it and the children must not repeat what he just told them.

Interesting article that led me to other interesting information.

Wasn't it said just prior to that that they were moving? Maybe they were all going to say good-bye because they were planning at that time to move out of the school district?

And then maybe when IF was arrested they decided not to move? Or maybe prior to the arrest LE told them they couldn't take IF out of the area?

I can't imagine the parents taking IF to school to say goodbye because they knew he was going to be arrested. I also can't imagine Crystal posting as she did on facebook if she knew he was going to be arrested.

There just has to be another reason for the goodbye trip. Or else I'm going to go crazy.

For what it's worth, I am glad there is a person in custody, but I really wish it wasn't revealed that it was her brother. The family has enough to go through with Leila's death, never mind the son /brother being accused of the crime. It doesn't help anybody that LE announced WHO it was.

I do not see how a 12 year old boy pulled this off alone. I have a 12 year old and the kid can't even get his hair clean or spaghetti sauce off his face without being sent back to the shower multiple times. There is no way that he could hide a murder weapon or bloody clothes from me, most less the crime scene unit.

I really think that the worst is yet to come. Either LE has the wrong person (which I don't believe) or this child isn't going down alone.

IMO some people are really underestimating this 12 year old. He stabbed his little sister 21 times.

This boy isn't like yours. He's an anomaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it said just prior to that that they were moving? Maybe they were all going to say good-bye because they were planning at that time to move out of the school district?

And then maybe when IF was arrested they decided not to move? Or maybe prior to the arrest LE told them they couldn't take IF out of the area?

I can't imagine the parents taking IF to school to say goodbye because they knew he was going to be arrested. I also can't imagine Crystal posting as she did on facebook if she knew he was going to be arrested.

There just has to be another reason for the goodbye trip. Or else I'm going to go crazy.

I can't imagine ever setting foot in that house again, if I were the parents. I'd want to move away too to protect my children from the killer I'd believe was still on the loose.

IMO some people are really underestimating this 12 year old. He stabbed his little sister 21 times.

This boy isn't like yours. He's an anomaly.

+1000 and not only that, but attempted to cover up for himself by blaming an imaginary person AND attended a public vigil for the sister he killed. Ugh.

I can't imagine ever setting foot in that house again, if I were the parents. I'd want to move away too to protect my children from the killer I'd believe was still on the loose.

I was surprised to hear the family went right back to that home after LE had left. I think the reason for their return to that house was so they could be "alone" since they were currently living somewhere else, I presume with another family. I 100% expect them to move out of that house, and probably out of town too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot