GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a little difficulty understanding Mom P's speech in the interview - it sounded a little fuzzy. Is that just my English ear not understanding the accent?

It's enlightening to see a lawyer in this case reduce the murder of a little girl into a series of media-friendly soundbites and tweets.

It's just like a TV show. All we need now is a smarmy presenter with a tan.

Somethings seem weird to me....

* Barney and Krystal seem to live together for abt max 2-3 years and they are not married.. ( Barney has a child born in 2010 from another woman .. ) So the efforts for Krystal to be pronounced as mom in the press is odd to me when she is not even legally the stepmom..
*Girlfriend title in the beginning of the case, turned out to be a fiance (?)
*IMO She seems as a dominant and extremely possesive woman wanting to have full control of the family and things goin on.. She is the one making the speech in the vigil, she holds 19 year old Justin's hands on the way to court in the pictures .. Not to mention her insensitive , cold-hearted and hostile attitude from her FB toward Leila's biomom which was shocking and terribily heartbreaking ...
* I feel some pushed efforts there which suggests me the same might have occurred for BF's kids call her mum in their daily lives also ...:banghead:
I wonder if there was a conflict going on in the house between anyone because of that ? and was that the reason why they didn't get married although they had a common child ? Did Barney think that would accelerate the problems?

I am not trying to find a ''reason '' why this occurred but as one said before
what was the motive and the factors that a cute little baby turned out to be a coldblodded sister murderer at only 12 ? I certainly believe that he is very ill ....but also neglected and full of rage as prob the family was so busy with their own problems and of course so so many children and priorities they missed some symptoms he might have shown..(his 5 days punishment from school the pocketknife thing ) (the animal things if true ) (some say he was a bully )..

And plus leaving Leila at home alone with IF ?
And not taking them/her to Little Leage Game and instead going themselves a father and mother to a Little League Game is also weird to me..
Just my opinions of course

Noone is without some tragedy within a family or among their friends, it's life. Noone has a coin on it. I've had a number, just don't talk about it, I'm not a victim and refuse to be made one, so I won't use it act like I know everything about what happens and everyone else is uninformed or can't feel for victims.

Every family situation is different, making every tragic event different and how they handle it. Most LE offices handle things differently all over the country, and I've heard them treat people different, they can just be more tactful about it publicly. They can make snap judgements if they know from the evidence before them what has happened and the behavior of a person. They're trained to look for behavior, it's one of the first things they do and write down.

Noone is making up facts, since we have so little to go on, I don't see anyone doing that. I just realized I wrote different and differently alot, sounds like MoJo JoJo. :D

Am I correct that police took into evidence a mattress, a TV and some firewood?

So that a scenario of someone stabbing this little girl in her bed, then, as they waited for her to die, watching some TV while they burnt evidence in the fireplace, would be possible?

Yep, these are some of the things they took out. Also with PR's speech, maybe she was taking some medication, because of the tragedy. To me she seemed just lost and hopeless at everything that had happened and it was about to get worse when IF was arrested soon after.

Mark J. Reichel ‏says on his twitter he'll be leaving the area from Wednesday of next week for 4 nights.

We each bring our own experiences and biases to these cases but we have to be able to look beyond that and accept that our family isn't a reflection of any other family. The way that your (general) family deals with tragedy is not indicative of how the Fowler/Walker family has dealt with this tragedy. I have a 12yo boy and I very much want to transfer his sweet, gentle nature over to IF but it doesn't work that way either.

To suggest that any poster's opinion isn't valid or is wrong because they haven't experienced enough tragedy is condescending, offensive and narrow minded. We are better than that here. We are better than that because we do let everyone have a voice and an opinion!

The fact is people are allowed to express their opinion without confrontation, bullying or belittling on here. There's no reason people can't discuss and be respectful of one another, just sayin'.

Stop now. That's enough. Everyone had their say and I removed it all. Conversation is OVER. Move on.

And remember - we don't tell others how to post, nor do we respond to such posts. If there is a problem, alert the post and the mods will look at it.

Salem

I don't think everyone is telling the truth in this case.

I don't think every adult in this case is putting little Leila - and other children - above their own interests.

We each bring our own experiences and biases to these cases but we have to be able to look beyond that and accept that our family isn't a reflection of any other family. The way that your (general) family deals with tragedy is not indicative of how the Fowler/Walker family has dealt with this tragedy. I have a 12yo boy and I very much want to transfer his sweet, gentle nature over to IF but it doesn't work that way either.

To suggest that any poster's opinion isn't valid or is wrong because they haven't experienced enough tragedy is condescending, offensive and narrow minded. We are better than that here. We are better than that because we do let everyone have a voice and an opinion!

I wanted to say to everyone (and there are many here) that has experienced a tragedy be it directly or indirectly, I sincerely wish you and your family hope and recovery. I do not think there is a manual anywhere that defines any behavior be it aggression, snapping at others, etc as normal or commonplace. I think it depends on the situation, support system and individual. I think people come to these boards to discuss cases because it not only offers a sense of community but also for some of us to try to find meaning in tragedy. Iknow those are reasons I come here but I also learn a lot from others. Please do not take the opinion of others personally. Intellectually debate and politely disagree but if you get genuninely upset this is probably not the place to be. Here are two things we do know:
1. We know there are child support issues between LFand IF's mother and father
2. We know LFand IF's father's current girlfriend made disparaging remarks about their biological mother on Facebook
As to what happened before this sweet baby was murdered we can only speculate. In my opinion, there were some serious issues that the kids were probably very aware of.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Stop now. That's enough. Everyone had their say and I removed it all. Conversation is OVER. Move on.

And remember - we don't tell others how to post, nor do we respond to such posts. If there is a problem, alert the post and the mods will look at it.

Salem

I'm sorry.

It's enlightening to see a lawyer in this case reduce the murder of a little girl into a series of media-friendly soundbites and tweets.

It's just like a TV show. All we need now is a smarmy presenter with a tan.

Sad when you have to go to twitter, because there's for new info, even a verification of a court date. The only thing you find out is the lawyer's going on vacation. :doh:

I really hope the prosecution was able to recover the weapon used to stab Leila. If it has IF's fingerprints or DNA on it, and I think there is technology to see if something was blood-soaked even if it was cleaned, that would seem to be a huge smoking gun for them. If not, the defense is going to insist that the intruder took the weapon with him.

I really hope the prosecution was able to recover the weapon used to stab Leila. If it has IF's fingerprints or DNA on it, and I think there is technology to see if something was blood-soaked even if it was cleaned, that would seem to be a huge smoking gun for them. If not, the defense is going to insist that the intruder took the weapon with him.

All we know is they didn't find is a knife in the water they searched, so they said and they took three knives out of the house they were testing. One of the article's said his dna and blood were found in her room. He lives there, so I'm assuming it's in connection with her death. I doubt we'll hear anymore about any of that till court and we won't know for certain whether they did find blood and dna evidence till court. They can say anything they want publicly , like they usually say at first a person isn't a suspect, even though you know they probably are and they're watching the person.

I agree! I think that's going to be extremely important. I wonder if we will ever know, or all that info will be sealed? Is anyone here familiar enough with the juvenile system in CA? I know here, that many details are under lock and key forever.

If people are going to continue to attempt to draw conclusions from reactions taken after a huge traumatic event, I suggest you read the following:

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/recovering-disasters.aspx

Feelings become intense and sometimes are unpredictable. You may become more irritable than usual, and your mood may change back and forth dramatically. You might be especially anxious or nervous, or even become depressed.

PTSD isn't just for the military.

If people are going to continue to attempt to draw conclusions from reactions taken after a huge traumatic event, I suggest you read the following:

I do not think people are drawing conclusions because of someone's response to a trajedy. They are speculating to try and make sense of this trajedy. As stated on the link you gave there is no standard reaction. It is not going too far to suggest IF's biological mother and his father's girlfriend did not like each other. The question posed is how bad were these feelings before Leila was murdered.

How do people respond differently over time?
It is important for you to realize that there is not one "standard" pattern of reaction to the extreme stress of traumatic experiences. Some people respond immediately, while others have delayed reactions — sometimes months or even years later. Some have adverse effects for a long period of time, while others recover rather quickly.
And reactions can change over time. Some who have suffered from trauma are energized initially by the event to help them with the challenge of coping, only to later become discouraged or depressed.
A number of factors tend to affect the length of time required for recovery, including:
The degree of intensity and loss. Events that last longer and pose a greater threat, and where loss of life or substantial loss of property is involved, often take longer to resolve.A person's general ability to cope with emotionally challenging situations. Individuals who have handled other difficult, stressful circumstances well may find it easier to cope with the trauma.Other stressful events preceding the traumatic experience. Individuals faced with other emotionally challenging situations, such as serious health problems or family-related difficulties, may have more intense reactions to the new stressful event and need more time to recover.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I am going to continue to draw certain conclusions based upon the actions of some of the family members, in spite of the traumatic event. I think one's actions and reactions after said traumas are actually very telling. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay