GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dispatcher who called IF did indeed know LF's injuries were serious.
After the parents' 911 call, the dispatcher called the 12 year old, and reportedly said that the girl had "severe injuries."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...r-olds-murder/

So he told the dispatcher, but not his parents or sister's boyfriend who had been on the phone with him? He told the sister's boyfriend they were alright, according to CW's 911 call.

One thing I don't get is that both the parents and lawyers say IF is innocent...yet there is no mention by any of them about this intruder after IF's arrest. No pleading that the real killer be caught. No releasing their own sketch of this intruder.

ETA: I also feel like if your child is arrested...and you truly felt they were innocent...you would be make a bigger scene about it? Like screaming to the media, creating websites, trying to get support, etc.

IMO. The juvenile system does more harm than good, as demonstrated in this case, this child although guilty is being encouraged And supported to lie. Delaying treatment for a child that so desperately needs it if there is to be any hope of rehabilitation.

This case will drag on for two years... During which time he loses valuable time better spent. He needs treatment right now, not two years from now.

Parents know consequences should be immediate, not delayed indefinitely. So what is it these parents hope to accomplish? Are they merely satisfying their own denial?

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how any of that is being caused by the juvenile system. Its being caused by his not guilty plea, and that would be the same whether he was in a juvenile court or an adult court.

One thing I don't get is that both the parents and lawyers say IF is innocent...yet there is no mention by any of them about this intruder after IF's arrest. No pleading that the real killer be caught. No releasing their own sketch of this intruder.

ETA: I also feel like if your child is arrested...and you truly felt they were innocent...you would be make a bigger scene about it? Like screaming to the media, creating websites, trying to get support, etc.

I so agree, and have thought that from the beginning. If an intruder did this, I would be doing EVERYTHING to find that intruder. They aren't. They have a private investigator, for what? To work on the case, not to find the intruder. If my son was innocent, I would be fighting to apprehend the guilty party. I couldn't fight for my son, and forget about justice for my daughter. It's just so strange to me.

I so agree, and have thought that from the beginning. If an intruder did this, I would be doing EVERYTHING to find that intruder. They aren't. They have a private investigator, for what? To work on the case, not to find the intruder. If my son was innocent, I would be fighting to apprehend the guilty party. I couldn't fight for my son, and forget about justice for my daughter. It's just so strange to me.

Well, to be fair - if IF is innocent, (which I don't believe), then working on the case would automatically mean looking for the guilty party.

Well, to be fair - if IF is innocent, (which I don't believe), then working on the case would automatically mean looking for the guilty party.

Sorry, I meant proving his innocence. Nothing I have read, has shown that they are in any way looking for who supposedly did this. However, I have not been reading much on it lately. There is a lot I could have missed.

No, I haven't seen any signs that they're looking for this mysterious intruder either, but I'm just trying to be fair here - I don't really know what they've been doing behind the scenes.

I believe that the defense hiring a PI to look over the crime scene is pretty standard for any case. I really don't think this PI's job is to find the actual killer...but to help the lawyers make the best defense for IF.

We can say we don't know what's happening behind the scenes...but shouldn't trying to find the real intruder play out in the public eye? Utilizing the media?

Link doesn't work. I'd be interested to read that, because I have not seen the call from 911 to the house released!

Darnit. I hate when they remove or edit the original articles. :( I found the full title of the article by looking at my earlier timeline post in WS (hovering over the link showed me the complete link title at the bottom of the WS page). But when I clicked on it, it had a different title and apparently edited content ("UPDATED: Killed 8-Year-Old Calaveras County Girl Identified").

The link (but with now updated article) is here:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...fs-deputies-investigating-9-year-olds-murder/

This version only has Capt. Macedo stating that her injuries were severe...nothing said about the dispatcher.
“She was suffering from some severe injuries,” said Cpt. Jim Macedo.

When I read the article, I entered what I'd read into my timeline (about the dispatcher then calling the boy and her relaying that the girl had 'severe injuries'). I may have a screen grab referring to that comment (though that's all it was--no complete 911 call release); I'll take a look.

Eileenhawkeye said:
We can say we don't know what's happening behind the scenes...but shouldn't trying to find the real intruder play out in the public eye? Utilizing the media?

I would have thought so yes. Not being a private investigator though, I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he knows something I don't about finding mysterious intruders.

JMO How does anyone know what the family is or is not doing? The same way one offers up a convoluted timeline completely changed from the one that LE gave the press; one that misleads people on this thread into thinking that IF did not call his father first?

Maybe an empathetic person could write a booklet of instructions for the F family dealing with how to act react in their situation.

JMO How does anyone know what the family is or is not doing? The same way one offers up a convoluted timeline completely changed from the one that LE gave the press; one that misleads people on this thread into thinking that IF did not call his father first?

Maybe an empathetic person could write a booklet of instructions for the F family dealing with how to act react in their situation.

We know that the family is not talking to the mainstream media. We know that the family has not used any sort of social media. We know that the family has not released a sketch of this intruder. So...how exactly are they working to clear their son's name and find the intruder? It's not like they have access to the thousands of pages of police work and they are reviewing it themselves or something. I am just not sure why I am supposed to believe that the family is doing something to catch this intruder in the privacy of their own home. I would think finding a mysterious intruder would involve the public.

For people whose child was supposedly murdered by an intruder, who is still running free, while the 12-year-old brother is about to spend 13 years of his life behind bars...They don't seem to be raising any sort of alarm.

So all I'm saying is....IF can plead not guilty...but the actions of the parents tell me that they truly don't believe there's an intruder out there.

Tomorrow's Wednesday, I'm expecting more of a ramp up of damage control in information, esp since the media will probably be picking up the story again. They'll probably just report what was said at the court hearing tomorrow.

If the family was doing anything public, the media would be putting it out there. I'm surprised it's been so quiet, however there's nothing new to report. The only public thing with the family is the past vigils, they don't answer the media's question when in public, as far as we've heard. I'm sure the lawyer told them not to, which makes no difference, because this is all up to a judge, there's no jury. I believe we've heard he called his parents first, then the sister's boyfriend was on the phone with him. I've not read anything different.

Feel free to write that book!

So he told the dispatcher, but not his parents or sister's boyfriend who had been on the phone with him? He told the sister's boyfriend they were alright, according to CW's 911 call.

Yes, well he also told his mom (or she heard on the phone) that his sister was screaming...and the JK investigator said the boy said that the intruder was 'hitting' his sister. Both of those situations don't sound like she was actually doing all right. Could be, even if IF didn't know her condition when talking to his mom, by the time the dispatcher called he did...possibly even at the dispatcher's direction to check on her (we don't know, yet).

All that to say, I'm guessing we're not going to be able to establish what was really said/seen by IF in here... :eek:

I only want to hear what LE is saying, the evidence, timeline and ofcourse the Judge's decisions, more than the media at this point.

Yes, well he also told his mom (or she heard on the phone) that his sister was screaming...and the JK investigator said the boy said that the intruder was 'hitting' his sister. Both of those situations don't sound like she was actually doing all right. Could be, even if IF didn't know her condition when talking to his mom, by the time the dispatcher called he did...possibly even at the dispatcher's direction to check on her (we don't know, yet).

All that to say, I'm guessing we're not going to be able to establish what was really said/seen by IF in here... :eek:

It's really muddled. In the 911 call, CW says "My daughter is freaking out." It was never made clear if SHE heard her freaking out, or if IF said she was freaking out. The PI did say IF said the intruder hit the sister, BUT did not say IF said that in the 911 call.
"Her brother called Leila’s father and girlfriend who were attending a Little League baseball game at the time to tell them he saw a man hitting his sister and that he scared the stranger from the house." To me, that's quite unclear. It does not ever say he DID tell them this, only that called in order to tell them. (But did he? What DID he tell them? On the 911 call we do hear, it's very clear that CW thought she was OK. She said as much.)

BUT, the lawyer has already said IF could be making the intruder up. "An attorney for the 12-year-old boy said the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired intruder fleeing the scene, but that doesn't make the boy the killer."

We don't know what "may have" means. Does he mean it's possible he made it up, but I'm not sure at this point? Or, does it mean he "may have" made it up, because he didn't see the intruder and was scared? There is such a huge difference between the two scenarios. In the first, there could be no intruder. In the second, there is an intruder he just didn't see. The lawyer is being very vague, but still...is not really fighting for the intruder theory...it seems.

As always, just my opinion!! I do agree completely, that we don't know what he saw...of anything. We might never know.

It's really muddled. In the 911 call, CW says "My daughter is freaking out." It was never made clear if SHE heard her freaking out, or if IF said she was freaking out. The PI did say IF said the intruder hit the sister, BUT did not say IF said that in the 911 call.
"Her brother called Leila’s father and girlfriend who were attending a Little League baseball game at the time to tell them he saw a man hitting his sister and that he scared the stranger from the house." To me, that's quite unclear. It does not ever say he DID tell them this, only that called in order to tell them. (But did he? What DID he tell them? On the 911 call we do hear, it's very clear that CW thought she was OK. She said as much.)

BUT, the lawyer has already said IF could be making the intruder up. "An attorney for the 12-year-old boy said the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired intruder fleeing the scene, but that doesn't make the boy the killer."

We don't know what "may have" means. Does he mean it's possible he made it up, but I'm not sure at this point? Or, does it mean he "may have" made it up, because he didn't see the intruder and was scared? There is such a huge difference between the two scenarios. In the first, there could be no intruder. In the second, there is an intruder he just didn't see. The lawyer is being very vague, but still...is not really fighting for the intruder theory...it seems.

As always, just my opinion!! I do agree completely, that we don't know what he saw...of anything. We might never know.

Part of his job is damage control, but still this whole thing will be up to the evidence LE has obtained. If they don't have that knife or whatever was used, that could still be part of the ongoing investigation LE was talking about after the arrest. Such as, how it got out of the house. KWIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon