CA CA - Leslie Ben-Iesau, 42, Sacramento, 15 Apr 2022 *meeting someone from a dating app*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Sacramento family says woman went missing after dating app meet up | YourCentralValley.com

The family of a Sacramento woman said they last heard from her about two weeks ago when she was getting ready to meet someone through a dating app.

[...]

“She told me there was somebody on the way to come pick her up. And she would keep me informed. She would keep in touch and let me know. And that’s the last I heard from her,” said CB, Leslie Ben-Iesau’s sister.

That was on April 15.

They learned on Tuesday from her wireless provider that there’s been no activity on her cell phone since 8:45 a.m. on April 15 as well.

Family said she was last seen on April 15 in the area around the capitol.

[...]

”If anybody uses this site, OkCupid, I would like them to reach out if they have any information on a person that goes by the name of Bea. That would really help my family out or to call the Sacramento Police Department,” Alexander said.

Police tell FOX40 that Leslie left on her own from her home, and there was no indication of foul play.

According to the family, Leslie Ben-Iesau has mental health issues.

They said their mother became worried after text messages sent last week, went unanswered.

[...]

And what they find especially disturbing is that her birthday was on Saturday. The family always celebrates birthdays. But her phone was turned off.

“When her birthday came, I sent her another message and by midday, without her opening, turning her phone on or texting us, or anything, I knew that there was something wrong,” said CB.

[...]

Family of missing Sacramento woman concerned about her well-being (kcra.com)

0a9413a6-be43-4720-8c4b-1ac67bdbdff1_image.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any safety features with this app? Would law enforcement be able to find out quickly who Leslie was genuinely communicating with and had made plans to? I’m not familiar with this app at all.

If they are asking for information from OkCupid app users regarding any communication they have had with someone who goes by the name of Bea, is it possible Leslie thought she was communicating with a woman but it was actually a man who showed up to the date?

I really hope law enforcement make a breakthrough ASAP. Leslie’s family must be so worried.

I live like a block from where she was last seen. It’s terrifying and reaffirmed my decision to not use dating apps! It’s really frustrating that the police don’t seem to be taking this seriously.

It must be extremely worrying to have someone go missing so near to where you live. Please stay safe. I hope people in the area are being more vigilant. Do you know of any other missing women locally to your area in recent years?

I live like a block from where she was last seen. It’s terrifying and reaffirmed my decision to not use dating apps! It’s really frustrating that the police don’t seem to be taking this seriously.
I'm glad you're not using dating apps, very wise decision IMO!

Do we know what type of MH issues Leslie has? I hate it when that statement is made with no details. Hopefully LE is making progress on who she was communicating with on that app, it looks like they collect your IP address and device information and if you don't opt out, geo-location. OkCupid

All of that to say someone with nefarious intentions could use a VPN and circumvent all that? Maybe someone with special knowledge can chime in on the possibilities.

Leslie Ben-Iesau, of Sacramento, told her family that she was getting ready to go out on a date with someone she met on the OkCupid dating app on April 15. However, the family did not hear from her after that. Police found that there has not been any activity on Leslie's phone since then. She was reportedly last seen in the area around the California State Capitol.

More at Missing Leslie Ben-Iesau Update: Family Fears She Disappeared After Meeting Someone On Dating App
BBM If that article and the one below are correct, she was last seen at the location where she was meeting her date.

Sister of woman who vanished on OkCupid date two weeks ago reveals the exact moment she knew something was wrong (the-sun.com)
Leslie said she had arranged to meet her date near the Capitol building in Sacramento, California.

15th & N - Google Maps

This case is extremely concerning! We have the technology to investigate these internet crimes, but yet we don't use it for missing person cases. This is absolutely heartbreaking
I understand why this is so concerning. The fact that tech companies build such detailed profiles of users’ daily activities and whereabouts is a great help to law enforcement, But in order to find a suspected criminal, police often have to comb through innocent people’s information, which could result in police viewing sensitive information about a person when it's not pertinent to an investigation and innocent people becoming suspects based on coincidental connections to a crime, all without a warrant. I don’t have to explain what a legal nightmare that could become.

So a number of states, including California, have recently passed privacy laws that require police to obtain a warrant to access stored data, like messages and photos, or location information from tech companies and cell service providers. Even then it’s not foolproof; because these companies have full ownership and control over the data they collect they may encrypt certain content so it can only be viewed by the sender and intended recipient. For example, Apple's iMessages and Facebook's WhatsApp are encrypted, and therefore that content is not accessible to company employees or police. But typical SMS text messages and most other forms of electronic communication are not encrypted.

In any case, in California LE would have to get a warrant to get this data, and to do so they would have to show cause that there is the belief that a crime has been committed unless it is deemed an emergency but then there is the chance the evidence might not hold up in court if obtained without a warrant the court doesn’t believe that the emergency surrounding the report was reasonable. It’s not as simple as it may appear, especially in light of these new laws.

MAY 4, 2022
[...]

On Friday, surveillance camera images appear to show Ben-Iesau near the Orchid Thai Restaurant & Bar in Sacramento. She then can be seen walking toward the University of Beer bar on 16th Street. The person Leslie was reportedly meeting went by the name Bea.

Leslie was reportedly last seen in the Freemont Park area wearing ripped jeans, a t-shirt, and a brown leather backpack.

[...]

(Assuming by "Friday" that means April 15...?)

MAY 4, 2022
[...]

On Friday, surveillance camera images appear to show Ben-Iesau near the Orchid Thai Restaurant & Bar in Sacramento. She then can be seen walking toward the University of Beer bar on 16th Street. The person Leslie was reportedly meeting went by the name Bea.

Leslie was reportedly last seen in the Freemont Park area wearing ripped jeans, a t-shirt, and a brown leather backpack.

[...]

(Assuming by "Friday" that means April 15...?)
So are we looking for a female POI? Bea is typically a female name, right? MOO

I don’t remember the names—but there was one case, (probably many more,) of a woman acting as ‘bait’ to find someone for her boyfriend to murder. (The one I’m thinking of had particularly horrible details.)

I might be mistaken, but I think Tatiana Dugger met someone off of an app in the area as well.

Found Deceased - CA - Tatiana Dugger, 18, East Oakland, 8 Jan 2021
Tatiana’s case is still unsolved, I believe, but I don’t think it was ever verified that Tatiana’s car was found in Sacramento. Locations in that case were Oakland, Oroville and her body was found in Siskiyou County, so not close to this area. I think her murder was speculated to be linked to sex work, possibly against her will, so probably no OkCupid link. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back