CA CA - Linda Sohus, 28, San Marino, 8 February 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping becuase the anniversary date listed on the thread was yesterday. Such an interesting case that I had never even heard of before!

Bumping for Linda.

Curious WS poster seeks 6 foot tall, red-haired female remains to wrap up Clark Rockefeller's loose ends....

Writer Frank Girardot found reference to a likely UID, halfway between SoCal & Greenwich. Can we re-find & contact DDP?

Coming up on 25 years.

Where does one properly hide the body of a 6 foot tall woman???

Only 'Clark Rockefeller' knows for sure....

Anyone interested in heading down this particular rabbit hole during our safer-at-home phase?

Plenty of reading material, international kidnapping & intrigue, name-dropping....

I find Gerhartsreiter to be a very interesting individual who managed to pull off an impressive series of hoaxes by exploiting the vanity of those in position of wealth and influence. He assumed different identities and personas in order to get people to pick up dinner tabs, give him jobs he was otherwise unqualified for and ultimately, women to support him. But, he never tried to defraud or embezzled from anyone. He had an incredible collection of forged artwork that he used to impress people but did not try to sell. He was an impostor, but not really a con man. Until he tried to kidnap his own child, there is no record of criminal behavior. Except, perhaps, the murder of the Sohus’s.

I’m not claiming he is innocent, I am just not so certain he is guilty. I thought the evidence was far short of ” beyond reasonable doubt” particularly since no motive has ever been established.

From what I can tell, he remained in Sam Marino for two months or so after the Sohus’s disappearance and about three months before Didi entered the nursing home. At no point was any evidence developed that he conned any money out of Didi or benefited from the Sohus’s disappearances.

He could have sent the postcards to one of his friends in Germany to mail to Didi. No one has come forward; I find that strange. He was a Big Story in Germany. I must admit that the idea of the Sohus’s getting an espionage type job in Europe as some sort of means of getting them away from San Marino or explaining their disappearance, sounds like something Gerhartreiter would dream up. But why?

Mrs. Wheetherbe had apparently embezzled from Didi but this was well after Gerhartreiter was gone. I find it very hard to believe they paid him $40,000 as some sort of ” finders fee”. More likely the FBI threatened her with prosecution and she came up with the finders fee story. She apparently died before the trial so the whole story never came out.

Besides the drama around the Sohus household, we know very little about Gerhartreiter’s activities in L A during that period. He apparently made some legitimate contacts in Hollywood as he pursued his screenwriting career which came to naught. He told one of his friends in Germany he was in contact with that he supported himself writing term papers for Iranian students. That was certainly possible. There is no evidence that he pursued any criminal activity or came into any real money. If he had cooked something up that was so lucrative to cause him to not only cross the line into crime but you actually commit two murders, it must have been big; but what?

No motive is required convict one of murder but it disconcerting when there is no motive and the other evidence is on the weak side. I keep wondering why, if he went to so much trouble to conceal Linda’s body, did he just bury John in the back yard. He did abscond with John’s car but that isn’t necessary evidence of murder. Many might reason that an abandoned vehicle was theirs for the taking but would want nothing to do with a vehicle linking them to a murder. I really want to know about the goings on in the Sohus at that time.

It is possible that if Linda’s body was cut in pieces and some, but not all of her remains were found, they may not have been identified it as female. It may have been misidentified as male because of the height.

Deceased tall woman in Tennessee, between SoCal & Greenwich:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
She looks elegant somehow, imo.

''Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1565 Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundAugust 29, 1987
Location FoundRoane County, Tennessee
Estimated Age Range35-50 Years
Head Hair Description Brown but dyed reddish.
M0LE LEFT SIDE 0F BACK, per NCIC
Not recognizable - Charred/burned
5' 8"(68 inches) , Estimated''

The estimated year of death was 1987; the year the body was found. Evidently there was not two years of decomposition. Probably not Linda.

I really doubt the Oak Ridge Doe is Linda Sohus. The age and height are off. Linda has a living sister so a DNA comparison is possible. If it does turn out to be Linda, it is going bust the murder conviction of Gerhartsreiter wide open.

Bumping for Linda!
And again.

1655745254969.png
bostonherald.com

Christian Gehrhartsreiter was convicted & is incarcerated for John's murder. Linda? Only "Clark Rockefeller" knows for sure, maybe Christopher Chichester knows.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back