Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Michelle, Here are all the telephone numbers for you to be able to contact LE and the coroner

County of Los Angeles Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner
Betsy Magdaleno, Coroner Investigator

(323) 343-0512
Agency Case Number786979

Long Beach Police Department
(562) 570-7260
Agency Case Number 1978-6979

NAMUS
(817) 372-4169
allison.oneal@unthsc.edu
I called the long beach police number and gave them tge 1978-6979 and they couldn't find the case. I called the coroner number who transferred me to a number to leave a message but it stopped twice on me and I'm not sure they're getting my message. Im going to call the namus number and hopefully they can help me. Thank you so so much for your help. This means more to me than you'll ever know.
Thank you,
Michelle

Thanks, Folie.
Michelle, I would be happy to call one of them and pass your number along if you like. I know some folks don't like talking on the phone.
Yes please..I understand..I just want to give my brother his name. The morgue photo looks exactly like my brother sleeping with make up on his face. I'm calling the numbers and not having any luck contacting anyone. But I won't give up because I love my brother. With all the weirdos in the world i don't blame anyone for not wanting to call. I called the nameus number and i was able to leave a message thankfully.
Thank you so much for helping,
Michelle

Yes please..I understand..I just want to give my brother his name. The morgue photo looks exactly like my brother sleeping with make up on his face. I'm calling the numbers and not having any luck contacting anyone. But I won't give up because I love my brother. With all the weirdos in the world i don't blame anyone for not wanting to call. I called the nameus number and i was able to leave a message thankfully.
Thank you so much for helping,
Michelle
Yes can you call and give anyone who can help my number. Thank you so so much,
Michelle

Michelle, can you update us with anything you find? I hope you find your brother soon and we can give him his name back.
I know its my brother. He was quiet, kind hearted & a gentle soul.
I don't understand WHY anyone would hurt him much less kill him.
He didn't have a father, his mother was struggling and my mom abused him severely. When my mom would start abusing me he'd come in and get her attention to stop her and he'd take the abuse. I never got to thank him.
His life was so hard from the beginning and in a way I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. I just hope he knew how much I truely loved & adored him. He deserved nothing that ever happened to him. I just hope in the end he didn't suffer and whatever monster did that to him rots in hell. I tried for close to 20 years to find him and i never imagined someone would murder him because he was too nice.
I'm mot sure how long it will take for them to confirm his identity but I'll be waiting so i can put him to rest with his name.
Thank you guys so much. I appreciate everything all you kind people have done. You're all angels on this earth.
Michelle

Michelle can you give any more information about your brother, I’m thinking date of birth, what state he was born in, middle name or initial and birth mother first and maiden name? We might be able to search around to find something while you wait for confirmation from authorities. Either way hopefully you can rule this unidentified in or out.

Michelle can you give any more information about your brother, I’m thinking date of birth, what state he was born in, middle name or initial and birth mother first and maiden name? We might be able to search around to find something while you wait for confirmation from authorities. Either way hopefully you can rule this unidentified in or out.
I remembered alot more and I know it will come to me. The problem is I've done 29 rounds of chemo and I'm having what they call chemo fog and my oncologist said I'm basically functioning with dementia right now. But i do suddenly remember stuff so I know I'll get it back. I know his address from Google earth and our old address if that helps at all?
Our address was: 4739 Adams ave, San Diego, Ca
His address was ( where he lived with his mom) 4720-4734 Adams San Diego Ca
He was arrested at 4721 Adams ave
I screenshot photos ill try to upload.
His apartment was the bottom left.
I remember his brother name was Dennis and he was given go another family. We had alot of pictures of him my mother threw away. So i don't even have a picture of him which breaks my heart. I believe he went to Herbert Hoover high school in San Diego and then to a continuation type school.
I also think he went to John Adams elementary school in San Diego.
The last time i saw him he told me he was living in los Angeles and he was hitchhiking.
He rode a skateboard everywhere he went, he played the guitar really well and sang. He was Catholic and gave me a Catholic pendant he told me to hold onto forever and i have it and i can take a picture of it?
Theres 2 photos that look alot like him and one more than the other.
The morgue photo is my brother sleeping with make up on his face.
His hair was VERY long down to his lower back when i last saw him.
I don't know of anyone can see his pants but he used to cut them down both sides to his knee which i don't remember anyone else doing that. I wasn't at all positive till the morgue photo. He was the kindest soul and i don't understand how anyone could kill him?
I'll see if i can upload the pictures of where we lived.
Its our house 4739 Adams ave
2nd photo his apt with his mom bottom left apt 4720-4734 Adams ave
Last apartments where he was arrested 4721 Adams ave. If the pendant will help i can get a picture of it?
I do know his birthday but i can't remember which i am embarrassed to say.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-06-52.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-06-52.png
    847.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-05-37.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-05-37.png
    764.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-08-07.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-08-16-08-07.png
    672.1 KB · Views: 52
I remembered alot more and I know it will come to me. The problem is I've done 29 rounds of chemo and I'm having what they call chemo fog and my oncologist said I'm basically functioning with dementia right now. But i do suddenly remember stuff so I know I'll get it back. I know his address from Google earth and our old address if that helps at all?
I remember his brother name was Dennis and he was given go another family. We had alot of pictures of him my mother threw away. So i don't even have a picture of him which breaks my heart. I believe he went to Herbert Hoover high school in San Diego and then to a continuation type school.
The last time i saw him he told me he was living in los Angeles and he was hitchhiking.
He rode a skateboard everywhere he went, he played the guitar really well and sang. He was Catholic and gave me a Catholic pendant he told me to hold onto forever and i have it and i can take a picture of it?
I don't know of anyone can see his pants but he used to cut them down both sides to his knee which i don't remember anyone else doing that. I wasn't at all positive till the morgue photo. He was the kindest soul and i don't understand how anyone could kill him?
Last apartments where he was arrested 4721 Adams ave. If the pendant will help i can get a picture of it?

I am going to send you a private message about this in case he is not your brother, but I found someone in the 1974 Hoover HS yearbook (available on classmates.com) that has a fairly strong resemblance to John Doe.

I am going to send you a private message about this in case he is not your brother, but I found someone in the 1974 Hoover HS yearbook (available on classmates.com) that has a fairly strong resemblance to John Doe.
How do i get a private message? He is not my brother?

[Note: I'll just use initials of people found in Hoover yearbooks as CarlK did so previously in Bell Boy's thread, so I presume that's within the rules.] The closest name I could find to Jeff Dodd in any of the mid-70s (I looked at 1973 through 1977) San Diego Herbert Hoover High School yearbooks was JD (last name not being Dodd, there were no Jeff Dodds in any of the yearbooks). He was in the 1976 yearbook as a sophomore, but not in the 1977 yearbook. That would be consistent with what you were saying about how your brother may have later gone to a continuation/alternative school. In addition, he looks somewhat similar to the unidentified, in my opinion. The next closest was another person with the initials JD, but he was in three yearbooks from 1973 to 1975, which would probably make him too old to be your brother or the unidentified person. Here is the picture for the 1976 JD (I can't seem to get it to show up on the forum post because I've never tried it before, but the link will show it): Dropbox - 2019-08-09 at 12.16.44 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry to hear your going through such a hard time atm.
You did a great job remembering some things, also it’s nice to hear about the persons life and that they were loved.
I did find a Jeffrey Dodd in Claremont High 1977, not sure though as it is a fair way from San Diego
From Ancestry, there is a photo attached but won’t link here

Ancestry Join

Name: Jeffrey Dodd
Estimated Age: 16
Birth Year: abt 1961
Yearbook Date: 1977
School: Claremont High School
School Location: Claremont, California, USA

Last edited:
I found a "Jeffrey Dodd" in a newspaper article entitled "Two Claremont youths receive scout awards" and dated May 4, 1977. The area fits with @StarrChance 's yearbook find.

I don't have a subscription to newspapers.com, but using "command-F" to search for "Dodd," I was able to see that he's the man pictured on the left. Since I don't have access, I can't fully compare that picture to the one @Otterly included above—but it looks similar. And besides: what are the odds of two men with the same name, attending the same school in the same year?

The distance between Claremont and San Diego doesn't really bother me. It's only about 120 miles, or a 2-hour drive. I myself live in New York City, but attended college near Philadelphia, about the same distance away. And the distance between Claremont and Long Beach, where this man was found, is just 50 miles away, a 1-hour drive.

Here are screenshots. I also made a clip for it.

Thank you so much for posting the article and the picture!

I don't know what to think about the picture... the hair style and type (fine hair) match the reconstruction, but not the hair color. Could he have dyed his hair? Or could it simply be the quality of the black-and-white newspaper photo?

This article lists his full name as "Jeffrey Marc Dodd", gives his age as "16," and adds that his father is named "Kenneth C. Dodd" also from Claremont. This means he was born in 1960 or 1961, depending on when in the year his birthday was.

I found a "Jeffrey Marc Dodd" reportedly living in Eureka, CA, almost 700 miles away, and with ties to Claremont. I don't know how accurate this site is, though. I searched for myself and the site had my full name, but made me as old as my deceased father, and said I was married to my mother!

Wouldn't Jeff's fingerprints be in the system if he had an arrest record?
Michelle, do you know what PD arrested Jeff? It might be worth contacting them, in case the prints never made it into AFIS, they might have them locally instead.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back