CA CA - Los Angeles, Fem, 40-65, jumped off overpass, UP59708, Aug'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would think they can't decide. They couldn't even determine her eye color. Even height and weight could only be estimated :confused: But her skin color is rather light. Like rosesfromangels I feel terrible for the drivers that ran over her .... must have been horrific :( :eek:

Jumping from a bridge into traffic is quite an unusual way to end your life. It takes a lot of guts. There are gentler ways to go .... Why did she choose this public and brutal way to end her life? A lot of guilt? Anger? No access to other means?

All MOO.

I agree, see my post # 19

I haven't been active on WS in a while and was so happy to check today to see discussion on here!
I'm going to have to get back into this case this weekend, it's so saddening to see how many missing, adult women there are with little to no news coverage. It makes identifying people like Anna nearly impossible :(

How is race determined in unidentified persons cases? A DNA test or just physical characteristics?
I'm going to have to look further into the checkered flag, thank you for bringing it up @Melt71! Does anyone have enough experience with tattoos to say how aged hers might be? It might give us a good time frame on what the checkered flag could be related to. Of course it could also just be a fun flash tattoo with no meaning, but we might as well give it a go.
I was thinking that she was high on a substance or severely mentally ill to jump from a busy bridge in such a horrific manner. All MOO of course.

How is race determined in unidentified persons cases? A DNA test or just physical characteristics?
I think I answered my question. The DoJ website says that states aren't legally required to do DNA testing on unidentified individuals due to cost and lack of resources. Even states that have the resources don't normally enforce it.
It's very likely that with LA's prevalence of crime they wouldn't try to DNA test an UI individual to save costs for more recent cases.

I'll have to do more research but that's my conclusion right now. I'm almost thinking I should expand my search to all races instead of His/Cau/Asian.

I was thinking that she was high on a substance or severely mentally ill to jump from a busy bridge in such a horrific manner. All MOO of course.

Yes I had that thought too. Maybe she thought she can fly and flow along with traffic. Maybe she used to race (checkered flag?). Moo.

I think I answered my question. The DoJ website says that states aren't legally required to do DNA testing on unidentified individuals due to cost and lack of resources. Even states that have the resources don't normally enforce it.
It's very likely that with LA's prevalence of crime they wouldn't try to DNA test an UI individual to save costs for more recent cases.

I'll have to do more research but that's my conclusion right now. I'm almost thinking I should expand my search to all races instead of His/Cau/Asian.

Your question earlier in the thread. Should I assume that they are undecided between white/hispanic/asian, or that she is a large percentage of all 3?

I think they know it was a mix of all three, otherwise they would say unsure. Mistakes can be and are made. This could only be established by testing DNA...IMO.

Just some ideas.

Diva was a British manufacturer of sports cars from 1961 to 1966. It was a subsidiary of the Tunex Conversions Co set up by Don Sim in Camberwell, London, but in 1966 Diva Cars Limited became its registered name. In 1967, after car production ceased, the name changed again to Skodek Engineering.

The first Diva was intended to demonstrate Tunex's technology and had a body built by Heron Plastics and was a development of their 750 model. The car was raced successfully and another was built with larger windscreen and called the B-Type. Demand grew from enthusiasts for more of them so a "production" version of the GT was developed.

I wonder what kind of Batman logo/batman outline tattoo she had. There have been so many over the years. Just as a example.

Batman-logo-history.jpg

Just wondered about the two checkered flags, because nowadays they use only one in the Grand Prix, formule 1. I found this:

The black and white colors of the checkerboard pattern had long become a universally recognized symbol for racing and performance. The checkered flag had became so symbolic with finishing or completion that it was posted at each corner of the end zones in the original Yankee Stadium when the facility was used by the New York Giants of the National Football League from 1956 through 1973.

In 1980, USAC flagman Duane Sweeney started a tradition at the Indianapolis 500 <Indi 500> waving twin checkered flags at the completion of the race. Previous flagmen had only used a single checkered flag. Johnny Rutherford’s Checkered Flags at that 1980 race were worth $318,820. 2014’s winner Ryan Hunter-Reay’s flags were worth $2.49 million.

The Mysterious Origins Of The Checkered Flag - Winding Road.

Thank you for doing so much research @Bit of hope !
It looks like to me that the tattoo has green/blue + white checkers. The black ink outline has definitely faded with a bit of a green tint, but not as drastically as the checkers.
I'm having trouble finding anything on green/white checkers, as everything that comes up is the green, white, checker flag process in racing.
We're looking at her being born somewhere between 1955-1980 with her estimated age range being 45-60 at time of death, and her tattoo was most likely done after 1980 with this new information on the twin checkered flags.
Edit: I'm also going to be creating a Google excel sheet now and try to get through a few pages of the CA missing persons. Once we get through that then we can start looking at other possible states.
Also, does anyone know the name of the test that is done to tell where someone lived at a certain point of their life? I think it has something to do with the bones or teeth but I can't remember.

Last edited:
The green checkered flag is used by Nascar (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, for the ones who don't know). I read a few explanations but I don't understand it. It has some to do with caution and restart but how exactly.....

NASCAR Is Choking On Its Constant Rule Changes

A funny read and I didn't get any wiser, because "there is no basic way to explain it" :)

If I have it right this green/white flag rule became in use somewhere in 2010.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
Also, does anyone know the name of the test that is done to tell where someone lived at a certain point of their life? I think it has something to do with the bones or teeth but I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Isotype?

Here is Batman coming to mind. One of her tattoos. Maybe she was a huge racing fan, was a entertainment lady at the races in her younger years, even a racer....or she is from a city associated with the races (Indianapolis or Fontana California or the like) Racing seem to be of significance but I could be totally wrong. Diva her nickname.....

January 19, 2016

NASCAR Cars Get a Batman v Superman Makeover

NASCAR cars get a Batman v Superman Makeover for March 20 race
Warner Bros. Consumer Products and 11-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports today unveiled the latest pairing in their ongoing partnership, featuring two special paint schemes for drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson, to promote the upcoming and highly-anticipated BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. Batman will be represented on Earnhardt’s No. 88 Nationwide Batman Chevrolet SS and Superman will be featured on Johnson’s No. 48 Lowe’s Superman Chevrolet SS when the teammates square off during the March 20 race in Fontana, California. You can check out an image of the vehicles below!

Last edited:
In my opinion, the tattoos and the age range of the decedent lead me to the conclusion that she was involved with the local car scene at some point. Car clubs are a big thing in the LA area, with meet-ups where people bring their restored classic cars and low riders to display. Illegal street racing has been popular for years and 20-40+ years ago “cruising” was very popular, with the checkered flag tattoo looking a bit on the older side she may have been involved in those scenes. Also there are local tracks for those who want to race legally, Irwindale comes to mind as a place someone interested in racing may have hung out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back