CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 484UFCA, 12-15, in alley, distinctive tattoo, May'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The date written (September 1st 1989) is approximate. It doesn't look like anyone is sure exactly when she dissapeared.

@Al Ka
4 Exclusions -
MP4590 Stacey Kelekoma 08/18/1986 Kauai HI
MP1290 Maria Medina 03/03/1989 Los Angeles CA
MP6388 Meredith Medina 02/14/1989 Oklahoma OK
MP6410 Ilene Misheloff 01/30/1989 Alameda CA

@Al Ka
4 Exclusions -
MP4590 Stacey Kelekoma 08/18/1986 Kauai HI
MP1290 Maria Medina 03/03/1989 Los Angeles CA
MP6388 Meredith Medina 02/14/1989 Oklahoma OK
MP6410 Ilene Misheloff 01/30/1989 Alameda CA

Thank you.

I notice that NCMEC's Unidentified Childrens Map shows this UID is White even though their poster says Hispanic. I wonder if that would preclude people that search their dbase specifically for Hispanic children to miss her record? Have you seen this child?

I notice that NCMEC's Unidentified Childrens Map shows this UID is White even though their poster says Hispanic. I wonder if that would preclude people that search their dbase specifically for Hispanic children to miss her record? Have you seen this child?

No, they would not miss it. Hispanic people are always classed as white caucasian race. Their ethnicity is Hispanic.

I have recently posted this case on my fb page and what is interesting though that many people even Hispanic do think that she might be from middle east or some parts of Asia.

I can actually see that too, that it is possible from her face features.

No, they would not miss it. Hispanic people are always classed as white caucasian race. Their ethnicity is Hispanic.

I have recently posted this case on my fb page and what is interesting though that many people even Hispanic do think that she might be from middle east or some parts of Asia.

I can actually see that too, that it is possible from her face features.

When I first looked at her PM photo, I thought she's South Asian, not Hispanic.

I did some reverse image search on her rings and while the heart-shaped one gave zero promising leads, the one with blue stone (turquoise I think) got me a lot of similar looking results listed on various sites as vintage Native American Navajo handcrafted rings. The Lion one produced only one almost exact looking ring, but it was only listed as "vintage sterling silver" so I can't tell if that's also Native American work. Also it looks like the Lion ring had a Zurconia in it at one time.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3979

The decedent was found lying supine on the asphalt alleyway. Apparently had been dumped at this location. She was originally found on at aprpox. 0615 hours on 5/25/1989. The person who found the decedent stated that he had been at this location earlier (0300 hours) and the decedent was not there at that time.

Date Body Found - May 25, 1989
Location Found - Los Angeles, California
Inventory of Remains - All parts recovered
Condition of Remains - Recognizable face

Female, Hispanic / Latino

Estimated Age Range - 12-15 Years
Height - 5' 2"-5' 4"(62-64 inches) , Estimated
Weight - 124 lbs, Measured
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Brown

Tattoo - patterned tattoo on front of right thigh, possibly an oval diamond pattern with the letters "p" "0-h" "s"

Clothing (On the Body) - She wore a bright blue t-shirt with the words "Somebody in California Loves Me," faded blue jeans, beige bra, green or white panties, white socks with read trim and black shoes.

Jewelry (On the Body) - Wrist bracelet having pendants, Necklace, Ring, Earrings
LI0NS HEAD WM RING,WM RING W GRN ST0NE,HEART SHAPEYM RING,YM ID BRACLT,YM

My computer won't load images in NamUs for some reason so I decided not to try and fix the description of the jewelry in case I guessed wrong

I should have checked NCMEC before posting opps
Via NCMEC
multiple pieces of jewelry including: a white metal ring with a lion?s head, a white metal ring with a turquoise colored stone inset, a white metal ring with crystal heart, a yellow metal bracelet ("i.d." brand), a bracelet with pendants, a necklace, and earrings.

Several have mentioned the smudge/photo shopped area on her forehead. In one of the Doe Network photos of her shirt it looks like they edited out blood spatter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back