CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 484UFCA, 12-15, in alley, distinctive tattoo, May'89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This poor little one...Djeez...did they loose the file? She was thrown away like garbage...a child. Why is there no picture of her tattoo? Of course she could have got it after she went missing, but it has to have some meaning IMO.

Is it possible that somebody gets the medical examiner's report?

Last edited:
I just saw this post on FB of a woman looking for her sister that went missing in mexico in 1988 when she was 16. Unfortunately she only had a picture of her sister from when she was 11 years old. She could of ran away with a boyfriend or brainwashed by an older man for sex trafficking? I read though the comments and another sister commented and she had no idea of the existence of her sister and never the less that she was missing. This is the link to her sisters post. Log into Facebook | Facebook

I just saw this post on FB of a woman looking for her sister that went missing in mexico in 1988 when she was 16. Unfortunately she only had a picture of her sister from when she was 11 years old. She could of ran away with a boyfriend or brainwashed by an older man for sex trafficking? I read though the comments and another sister commented and she had no idea of the existence of her sister and never the less that she was missing. This the picture her sister posted.

Attachments

• 64BF74B8-25C5-40F9-96B0-DBA207004D52.jpeg
    64BF74B8-25C5-40F9-96B0-DBA207004D52.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 19
I just saw this post on FB of a woman looking for her sister that went missing in mexico in 1988 when she was 16. Unfortunately she only had a picture of her sister from when she was 11 years old. She could of ran away with a boyfriend or brainwashed by an older man for sex trafficking? I read though the comments and another sister commented and she had no idea of the existence of her sister and never the less that she was missing. This the picture her sister posted.

Thank you for bringing her up. Very interesting. What would her name mean in Spanish, it's translated kind of weird in English on the site. Mary of the Angels (Gonzales Flores)? She might have been trafficked to the USA, but no indication of that I believe? Poor girl. I'm very sorry for her family.

It's hard to see....does this missing girl has curly hair? Because Jane Doe has.

Thank you for bringing her up. Very interesting. What would her name mean in Spanish, it's translated kind of weird in English on the site. Mary of the Angels (Gonzales Flores)? She might have been trafficked to the USA, but no indication of that I believe? Poor girl. I'm very sorry for her family.

It's hard to see....does this missing girl has curly hair? Because Jane Doe has.

I can’t really tell because the photo is old and her hair is cut short. I looked through the sisters Facebook and they both have curly hair. And your translation of her name is correct ☺️

I can’t really tell because the photo is old and her hair is cut short. I looked through the sisters Facebook and they both have curly hair. And your translation of her name is correct ☺️

I see (the curls) What would her given name be in Spanish?

I see (the curls) What would her given name be in Spanish?
Maria de los Angeles Gonzales Flores

I don't think it's her. She's missing from Mexico City. Los Angeles is closer to Vancouver, BC than Mexico City. It really seems like a very long stretch. The missing girl was probably trafficked locally. Also at 17, she would have been a bit older than our Jane Doe and the photo is already 6 years old.

Last edited:
I tried playing around with the description of the tattoo. The closest thing I can think of is some Hindi/Bengali etc lettering.

I know that's gotta be completely wrong!

Or maybe it's H09...
Or maybe it's Cyrillic
Or is it something like what's on a fire extinguisher?

Sure wish there was a photo or better description. It's probably some gang thing, but who knows!
Totally lost!

Maria de los Angeles Gonzales Flores

I don't think it's her. She's missing from Mexico City. Los Angeles is closer to Vancouver, BC than Mexico City. It really seems like a very long stretch. The missing girl was probably trafficked locally. Also at 17, she would have been a bit older than our Jane Doe and the photo is already 6 years old.

Thank you. That was the name I was searching for. I agree that it's probably not her, but it's good to have more eyes looking out for this Jane Doe. So many people missing in Mexico or from Mexico. It's sad.

I tried playing around with the description of the tattoo. The closest thing I can think of is some Hindi/Bengali etc lettering.

I know that's gotta be completely wrong!

Or maybe it's H09...
Or maybe it's Cyrillic
Or is it something like what's on a fire extinguisher?

Sure wish there was a photo or better description. It's probably some gang thing, but who knows!
Totally lost!
It could be a trafficking stamp. She may have been lured in by an older man looking to traffic young girls. POH may stand for Property Of and maybe the trafficker, if there is one, his name starts with an H. The S in this case might mean “sex” or “slave”, like a BDSM type thing. However there is no evidence that Jane Doe was SA’d before her death. She could have just died and someone dumped her out of panic or hoping someone would claim the body. That’s just a theory of mine.

Or it could just be a tattoo. Just a normal tattoo. Maybe the letters have some significance to her? Maybe a boyfriend’s initials, her own initials, a lost loved one, like an aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, etc? Maybe the letters have no meaning. The tattoo is very distinct.

I have a similar tattoo to this girl. Mine is homemade, obviously, since I’m only 16. Mine reads “с миром и любовью”, which is a Russian phrase meaning “with peace and love”. I have Russian heritage and my grandmother would write this in her birthday and Christmas cards she gave to me. She’s still alive but in bad health. Maybe it’s a foreign word or phrase? Someone suggested Hindi or Bengali letters.

To be honest I can see that. She looks very racially ambiguous to me. She looks more Latina in the composite but more Middle Eastern or South Asian in the PM photo. Maybe she was Indian/Bangladeshi and the letters meant something in Hindi or Bengali?

The same person suggested Cyrillic. I have nothing to go off of for her tattoo since there are no pictures of it available, but maybe it is Cyrillic. Again, I’m Russian-American so I know what Cyrillic looks like. But with letters that look similar to these they have no meaning in Russian, leading me to believe if this is in fact Cyrillic on her tattoo, she may have been from/have heritage in the Central Asian “stan” countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan). Really leaning towards the last three. Those countries use Cyrillic too, and especially did in 1989. Now they are kind of switching over to Latin or Arabic script.

Bump
With what handful of evidence is available I'm imagining something absolutely hideous was going on before her untimely demise. Hope she gets her name back and whoever did this and everything before that is busted and gets a fitting fate.

It could be a trafficking stamp. She may have been lured in by an older man looking to traffic young girls. POH may stand for Property Of and maybe the trafficker, if there is one, his name starts with an H. The S in this case might mean “sex” or “slave”, like a BDSM type thing. However there is no evidence that Jane Doe was SA’d before her death. She could have just died and someone dumped her out of panic or hoping someone would claim the body. That’s just a theory of mine.

Or it could just be a tattoo. Just a normal tattoo. Maybe the letters have some significance to her? Maybe a boyfriend’s initials, her own initials, a lost loved one, like an aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, etc? Maybe the letters have no meaning. The tattoo is very distinct.

I have a similar tattoo to this girl. Mine is homemade, obviously, since I’m only 16. Mine reads “с миром и любовью”, which is a Russian phrase meaning “with peace and love”. I have Russian heritage and my grandmother would write this in her birthday and Christmas cards she gave to me. She’s still alive but in bad health. Maybe it’s a foreign word or phrase? Someone suggested Hindi or Bengali letters.

To be honest I can see that. She looks very racially ambiguous to me. She looks more Latina in the composite but more Middle Eastern or South Asian in the PM photo. Maybe she was Indian/Bangladeshi and the letters meant something in Hindi or Bengali?

The same person suggested Cyrillic. I have nothing to go off of for her tattoo since there are no pictures of it available, but maybe it is Cyrillic. Again, I’m Russian-American so I know what Cyrillic looks like. But with letters that look similar to these they have no meaning in Russian, leading me to believe if this is in fact Cyrillic on her tattoo, she may have been from/have heritage in the Central Asian “stan” countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan). Really leaning towards the last three. Those countries use Cyrillic too, and especially did in 1989. Now they are kind of switching over to Latin or Arabic script.
I was just saying random thoughts about the tatoo. Who knows??? The tatoo could be an amateur home-job without any meaning or maybe law enforcement did not think it had any meeting. I say this because there is no image of the tatoo, so I guess LE did not think it was worth the effort to post a photo or post a drawing of the tatoo.

She does look South Asian, but she is likely Hispanic based on the circumstances and the St Christopher medal, tee shirt, type of jewelry etc. She seems pretty local to me.

Some Hispanics do have those features and some do have percentages of South Asian ancestry (some Caribbeans were brought in from India)

Spring Rain said she could have been Filipina too. I can see that as a possibility too.

I was just saying random thoughts about the tatoo. Who knows??? The tatoo could be an amateur home-job without any meaning or maybe law enforcement did not think it had any meeting. I say this because there is no image of the tatoo, so I guess LE did not think it was worth the effort to post a photo or post a drawing of the tatoo.

She does look South Asian, but she is likely Hispanic based on the circumstances and the St Christopher medal, tee shirt, type of jewelry etc. She seems pretty local to me.

Some Hispanics do have those features and some do have percentages of South Asian ancestry (some Caribbeans were brought in from India)

Spring Rain said she could have been Filipina too. I can see that as a possibility too.
Now that you bring this up, I am more inclined to think she was Latina. And interesting fact about the South Asian ancestry! I didn’t know that. I’m inclined to think Latina or perhaps Native American. Also someone suggested Lori Jealous of Him as a match, has she been ruled out?

Edit: No, it’s not Lori, dates don’t match up.

Diana Martinez? She would’ve been 16 at the time the Doe was found so a little older but not too bad, from North Bergen NJ. It says she was going to Miami. I mean, if she were to travel to Miami all the way from NJ I wouldn’t be surprised if she traveled further.

She’s 5’1 and 130 lbs so very close in size to the deceased.

Angelica Maria Gandara went missing in 1985 in Texas. She was last seen in a pickup truck driven by an unidentified man. She was 4'10 and 85 pounds, so smaller than Jane Doe but again, she went missing in 1985 at the age of 11 and Jane Doe was found in 1989, so she could easily grown in that time. Angelica would be 15 years old in 1989, which fits estimated age range. Considering circumstances of her disappearance, she might have been trafficked which would explain that weird tattoo that Jane Doe had. They both look very similar, especially looking at shape of the nose.
Angelica's NamUs number is #MP6096

Angelica Maria Gandara went missing in 1985 in Texas. She was last seen in a pickup truck driven by an unidentified man. She was 4'10 and 85 pounds, so smaller than Jane Doe but again, she went missing in 1985 at the age of 11 and Jane Doe was found in 1989, so she could easily grown in that time. Angelica would be 15 years old in 1989, which fits estimated age range. Considering circumstances of her disappearance, she might have been trafficked which would explain that weird tattoo that Jane Doe had. They both look very similar, especially looking at shape of the nose.
Angelica's NamUs number is #MP6096
Angelica has a mole on her nose. Couldn't see that in the pictures you linked, but here is a picture where you can see it more clearly. Depending on what kind of mole it was it could have been removed of course. 1695896133637.png

Thanks for that photo, didn't see it before!
Am i wrong or on UID PM photo beside the big photoshopped area on her forehead there is a smaller smudge right where this mole would be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gildern34
Back