Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the site (findinglucas.com)

We texted some nice exchanges as I drove and then on my way back I texted him a thank you for the incredibly cool gift idea and then confirmed the plan for the following morning. He told me he was going to hang out with his neighbor and plan to come to my house at 7am. He offered for me to come over if I wanted but if I didn’t, he planned to come over the following morning.

So... he planned to hang out with the same neighbor... again... very, very early on Christmas morning??

I understood this to mean Lucas invited KKF over for the boat ride that night. She declined the invitation and Lucas said he’d see her at 7am the following morning then.

So now we’re supposed to believe that he took off his sweatshirt before jumping into the water but NOT his running shoes? And how did his phone wind up on his boat if it was in the pocket of his sweatshirt when he removed it? They said he wasn’t seen on the camera footage at the marina and there’s no other indication that he ever returned to his boat after his icy late night dip in the bay. Two plus two apparently equals twelve in this case.
Agree with everything you said. I keep having to remind myself that all of this info is coming from a loved one who is under a lot of stress and seems to have a unique personality on top of that. Two plus two equals twelve in this case because we're getting all of our information from one source, and that's the source mentioned above. If we were getting such puzzling from info from law enforcement I'd be waaay more confused. I hate to say it, but I started following this case very closely at the beginning but I'm sadly just watching for updates now. The way we're getting info, and the fact that law enforcement is very uninterested, makes it difficult for me to believe Lucas met foul play. Lucas unfortunately either drowned (verrrry high likelihood) or he doesn't want to be found, which I respect.

One thing that I do find very interesting is the way loved ones talk about Lucas. Nearly every case I've followed, loved ones say "this is so uncharacteristic of XXXX. *advertiser censored* was loved by all and would never (fill in the blank, go for a night swim in the bay, etc) and wouldn't just disappear."

Here we're getting the complete opposite, which i find fascinating and refreshing.

Last edited:
I don't have any new information but thought I could clarify a few things.

The onsie themed search isn’t until March 31. That seems like an awfully long time from now when it comes to a planned search. IMO.

That's just how the UltraSignup site works - every listed event needs an official date and distance. The "onesie search" is ongoing, they just listed March 31 as an arbitrary date because something needed to be listed. There is no "event" happening on March 31.

All the pictures on that page are of her, or artsy landscapes.... how does that help?

These are just remnants of the Wordpress Template that was used to build the website. If you use a default template on Wordpress stock images are included as placeholders. You are meant to either delete those images or replace them with relevant ones.

On a completely side and minor issue I'm rather surprised that we are told that Lucas planned to visit KF at 7 am on Christmas Day. I personally wouldn't be getting up that early on Christmas Day. Unless he's one of those 'rise with the sun' dudes.

He was definitely not one to stick to traditional sleep / wake schedules.

And how did his phone wind up on his boat if it was in the pocket of his sweatshirt when he removed it?

This is one of my questions as well, I wish we had more clarification around this. And if he had a credit card with him, and if there was any activity on that card. I assume if there was LE would be treating this entirely differently?

whereislucas.com
site has changed a LOT in the past 12 hrs.
From a quick scan: no more KK's side of the story, no more "help us crack the case". Maybe PD got through to her and forced her to take them down, considering how the Detective was clearly saying how it was not helping.

Still no linking to the families facebook group. Not sure if I'm remembering wrong, but there's no longer mention in resources of a number to Emeryville PD, nor is it on the front page. MOO.

Edit: It did use to direct people to Emeryville PD, perhaps they asked her to remove that too? Wayback machine:
FINDING LUCAS

Chapter 10-1 RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE EMERYVILLE MARINA*
10-1.16 Swimming.
It shall be unlawful for any person to swim, bathe, or wade in any portion of the Marina, except those areas marked for such activities; provided, however, this section shall not prevent an owner or his agent from working on his vessel underwater.

(Sec. 2 (part), Ord. 98-007, eff. Sept. 5, 1998)

Chapter 10-1 RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE EMERYVILLE MARINA*
10-1.16 Swimming.
It shall be unlawful for any person to swim, bathe, or wade in any portion of the Marina, except those areas marked for such activities; provided, however, this section shall not prevent an owner or his agent from working on his vessel underwater.

(Sec. 2 (part), Ord. 98-007, eff. Sept. 5, 1998)
My guess is he swam from outside the marina, to the marina park, based on "working theories" that had been provided. He wouldn't have been swimming within the Marina, but I wonder if there are stated laws about swimming in that portion of the Bay?

People have said it was like LH to jump into cold water, but his Strava has no swims recorded, and I can't find any record of him open water swimming. So You Want to Swim in the Bay This website is a good insight to learning to open water swim, and I must say, it doesn't seem like something someone should just do without any prior experience or training. I've also seen people mention that it's usually pretty cold in the bay, even during the summer. I have to imagine a late-night swim in December would be much colder. Not "a chilly dip in the pool/lake after a hot summer day in the sun". Most Californians are seen as a little cold-adverse, so the idea that he decided to go for a swim on what is arguably an already-cold night is pretty unbelievable. MOO. I really hope he's just decided to run from his current life and start fresh.

Regarding the "build a meteor". My understanding is meteor is synonymous with shooting star. I don't understand how someone would build a shooting star. Perhaps a model? Perhaps a meteorite model? This really stumps me.

It seems most likely that there's a word missing in the sentence. Could be 'build a meteor detector'?

It seems most likely that there's a word missing in the sentence. Could be 'build a meteor detector'?
Someone who claimed to know LH personally (but AFAIK did not get verified) said it should be "buy" and that bui would be bring up "build" in autocorrect...... Makes a lot more sense that way and previously it had said "buy" on a different source so I'll believe it. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523
Back