Found Deceased CA - Lucas Horan, 39, Emeryville Marina, 24 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that EPD has anything that is exactly high priority. I lived in Emeryville for 10 years and was not impressed during that time in some dealings with the PD there. Just my take ...
Their FB page features one post on LH and about twenty pictures of guns and ammo they've confiscated from recent traffic stops. I would guess if you're a smart criminal (an oxymoron?) you'd probably want to avoid driving through Emeryville on your trips between Oakland and Berkeley.

what lucas might have had with him — FINDING LUCAS

His cell phone was at his boat (the neighbor said it was in his sweatshirt pocket which Lucas took off when he jumped into the water) and is currently with the police. They were able to crack into the phone and have been investigating it for clues. There have been a few people that have seen Lucas pop up as active on various platforms (LinkedIn, etc) - the police have told me this is most likely due to them playing around with his phone and it kicking off signals.

Question:
Whose boat did they take out? Lucas’s or the neighbor’s?

The story is they went out on the neighbours boat. He didn't make it back to his boat.
I was under the impression it was the neighbor’s boat as well until I read the new info.

If Lucas took his sweatshirt off prior to jumping in the water (from neighbor’s boat), how did it get on Lucas’s boat?

Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Then I read this following bit of new info:
The police confirmed that he spent money at the gas tank in the Marina prior to Lucas and the neighbor heading out in the boat. Therefore Lucas should have had a credit card on him when he went out in the boat. As far as we are aware, there was no credit card returned to Lucas’ boat in his sweatshirt pocket so he could have this credit card with him.

Then I read this following bit of new info:
The police confirmed that he spent money at the gas tank in the Marina prior to Lucas and the neighbor heading out in the boat. Therefore Lucas should have had a credit card on him when he went out in the boat. As far as we are aware, there was no credit card returned to Lucas’ boat in his sweatshirt pocket so he could have this credit card with him.
My guess is the neighbour brought it back to his boat afterwards (but then he'd have to notice he was missing.... so.)

Unsure of how they know he spent money. Camera footage maybe? Cause that paragraph also says "they may not look into his accounts"

moo.

Found it funny that the detective was saying there are too many armchair detectives calling in and that it was counterproductive. He recommended removing the "KKF side of the story" page. That page was removed but a page called "help us crack the case" was added. I don't think that is what the detective was hoping for.

Found it funny that the detective was saying there are too many armchair detectives calling in and that it was counterproductive. He recommended removing the "KKF side of the story" page. That page was removed but a page called "help us crack the case" was added. I don't think that is what the detective was hoping for.

Sounds like the detective told her things that were hindering the case including the website she built with info so instead of taking it down she added even more info!

His cell phone was at his boat (the neighbor said it was in his sweatshirt pocket which Lucas took off when he jumped into the water) and is currently with the police. They were able to crack into the phone and have been investigating it for clues. There have been a few people that have seen Lucas pop up as active on various platforms (LinkedIn, etc) - the police have told me this is most likely due to them playing around with his phone and it kicking off signals.

Question:
Whose boat did they take out? Lucas’s or the neighbor’s?
So now we’re supposed to believe that he took off his sweatshirt before jumping into the water but NOT his running shoes? And how did his phone wind up on his boat if it was in the pocket of his sweatshirt when he removed it? They said he wasn’t seen on the camera footage at the marina and there’s no other indication that he ever returned to his boat after his icy late night dip in the bay. Two plus two apparently equals twelve in this case.

From the site (findinglucas.com)

We texted some nice exchanges as I drove and then on my way back I texted him a thank you for the incredibly cool gift idea and then confirmed the plan for the following morning. He told me he was going to hang out with his neighbor and plan to come to my house at 7am. He offered for me to come over if I wanted but if I didn’t, he planned to come over the following morning.

So... he planned to hang out with the same neighbor... again... very, very early on Christmas morning??

So now we’re supposed to believe that he took off his sweatshirt before jumping into the water but NOT his running shoes? And how did his phone wind up on his boat if it was in the pocket of his sweatshirt when he removed it? They said he wasn’t seen on the camera footage at the marina and there’s no other indication that he ever returned to his boat after his icy late night dip in the bay. Two plus two apparently equals twelve in this case.

I agree. This stands out for me too. From the outset we were told by KF's website that Lucas's cellphone was found on his boat and is now in the hands of the police. Now we are being told he took his sweatshirt off with the phone in his pocket before diving into the sea. That leaves the only explanation that the neighbour took his sweatshirt and phone back to his boat after docking! All very hinky.

On a completely side and minor issue I'm rather surprised that we are told that Lucas planned to visit KF at 7 am on Christmas Day. I personally wouldn't be getting up that early on Christmas Day. Unless he's one of those 'rise with the sun' dudes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back