CA CA - Luke Arduini, 28, Oakland, 1 Jan 2014 - Yahoo software programmer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello,

I am a friend of Luke's. I want to elaborate (and correct) a bit of info... Hoping someone in this community can help us find him because the police are doing NOTHING to help.

- Luke was not diabetic. He came down with mono and thought it might be diabetes... That's why there was a testing kit in his apartment. Anyone can buy one (he got his at Walgreens).

- Luke was not "emotionally unstable" as this PI claimed. Up until three days after he was reported missing, the PI had not spoken to any of Luke's family or friends... He went off information from people who did not know him.

- Luke had been living in CA for a few months. He had not been there long but was able to make quite a few friends.

- He has never travelled to Thailand alone, as claimed in some reports. He travelled with friends to train and compete in martial arts (there are pictures on his social media sites of this-- with Luke AND his friends).

- He lived in an apartment in Oakland, alone, with his new kitten.

- When Luke left his friend's apartment on New Years Eve, he got into an "Uber Car" (car service) and returned to his apartment in Oakland. He may have changed clothes, and may have been wearing a purple Yahoo hoodie, slim jeans, and red Chuck Taylors.

I have contacted the various news outlets to correct this information but so far no one has gotten back to me. Oakland Police have essentially told us that they are not treating it as a priority because he is an adult and they cannot prove foul play.

I have called the hospitals in the area, as well as the medical examiners office and surrounding police departments. There has been no sign of him.

Please... If you can help... It would be SO appreciated.

More info is here: http://findluk.com .

With respect, diagnosing diabetes requires multiple medical tests done by medical professionals, not a testing kit from Walgreens. Also, taking anti-depressants is a sign of mental/emotional malfunctioning. Few doctors would prescribe them due to the myriad side effects unless they felt that they would alleviate some level of mental or emotional instability.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the family hasn't been more in the forefront of this disappearance. While it's certainly impressive that his employer has hired a PI, a family campaign is usually the best way to gain information on a disappearance.

Given the shallowness of SF Bay and given the difficulties involved with getting on the span while on foot, I'm inclined to go with searching a wider area for this young man

With respect, diagnosing diabetes requires multiple medical tests done by medical professionals, not a testing kit from Walgreens. Also, taking anti-depressants is a sign of mental/emotional malfunctioning. Few doctors would prescribe them due to the myriad side effects unless they felt that they would alleviate some level of mental or emotional instability.

Good points. I agree. Many young men have emotional/mental problems and their families and friends are not aware of them or sometimes even deny them.

Hello,

I am a friend of Luke's. I want to elaborate (and correct) a bit of info... Hoping someone in this community can help us find him because the police are doing NOTHING to help.

- Luke was not diabetic. He came down with mono and thought it might be diabetes... That's why there was a testing kit in his apartment. Anyone can buy one (he got his at Walgreens).

- Luke was not "emotionally unstable" as this PI claimed. Up until three days after he was reported missing, the PI had not spoken to any of Luke's family or friends... He went off information from people who did not know him.

- Luke had been living in CA for a few months. He had not been there long but was able to make quite a few friends.

- He has never travelled to Thailand alone, as claimed in some reports. He travelled with friends to train and compete in martial arts (there are pictures on his social media sites of this-- with Luke AND his friends).

- He lived in an apartment in Oakland, alone, with his new kitten.

- When Luke left his friend's apartment on New Years Eve, he got into an "Uber Car" (car service) and returned to his apartment in Oakland. He may have changed clothes, and may have been wearing a purple Yahoo hoodie, slim jeans, and red Chuck Taylors.

I have contacted the various news outlets to correct this information but so far no one has gotten back to me. Oakland Police have essentially told us that they are not treating it as a priority because he is an adult and they cannot prove foul play.

I have called the hospitals in the area, as well as the medical examiners office and surrounding police departments. There has been no sign of him.

Please... If you can help... It would be SO appreciated.

More info is here: http://findluk.com .

I sent you a private message

Hope your friend is found, so scary!

Frankly, I'm surprised that the family hasn't been more in the forefront of this disappearance. While it's certainly impressive that his employer has hired a PI, a family campaign is usually the best way to gain information on a disappearance.

Given the shallowness of SF Bay and given the difficulties involved with getting on the span while on foot, I'm inclined to go with searching a wider area for this young man

With respect-- I'm not an idiot. I know what antidepressants are used for. Here's the thing-- he was NOT ON antidepressants.

His family *has* been active in the case. We all have. Luke's family is from New York. This is across the country. A campaign has been launched and is active. Honestly, I find your uninformed opinions to be pretty insulting. Do some research, please.

I live in the area, but don't watch KRON, and have seen virtually nothing about this, which I find odd and a bit frustrating. There are good and bad parts of Oakland, and crime has been out of control, but I haven't noticed any kidnapping a, at least not of adult males. I listen to the scanner quite often, and nothing.

A couple of questions that can make all the difference:

Did he take a large amount of cash out in the days before his disappearance?

Has there been activity on his credit cards? Bank account?

This long with no access to money would be concerning.

Yahoo Hired A Private Investigator To Find A Missing Programmer, Business Insider, January 13, 2014

JavaScript-guru dypt savnet (JavaScript guru deeply missed), digi.no (Norwegian), January 13, 2014

Yahoo hires PI to find ‘brilliant’ programmer who’s been missing since New Year’s Day, The Washington Times, January 10, 2014

Luke Arduini: Yahoo Programmer Goes Missing After Partying in S.F. on New Year's Eve, SF Weekly, January 9, 2014

Yahoo 'hires private investigator to find brilliant programmer, 28,' who's been missing since New Year's Day, Daily Mail, January 9, 2014

Oakland Police Search for Yahoo! Programmer Missing Since New Year’s Party, KRON 4 News, January 9, 2014

Search On For Yahoo Developer Missing Since New Year’s Party In SF, CBS San Francisco / KPIX, January 9, 2014

Yahoo programmer missing since New Year's, SF Chronicle, Jaunary 8, 2014

Missing Delmar Man, Capital Region Newsroom, January 7, 2014

Delmar native missing in California, Times Union, January 7, 2014

All of the press info is here: http://findluk.com/

No transport wouldn't be that surprising if he lived Uptown/downtown near BART (train to SF) but difficult otherwise. Would also like to know specifics, as I live in the area and it hasn't been heavily featured in news or news social media recently.

Yes it has. http://findluk.com . See for more info.

With respect-- I'm not an idiot. I know what antidepressants are used for. Here's the thing-- he was NOT ON antidepressants.

His family *has* been active in the case. We all have. Luke's family is from New York. This is across the country. A campaign has been launched and is active. Honestly, I find your uninformed opinions to be pretty insulting. Do some research, please.

Several things:

How could you possibly know that he is not taking anti-depressants unless you live with him or have detailed knowledge of his medical history? And why would a PI make that claim when it could get him sued for releasing not only personal information, but inaccurate personal information?

I also simply commented upon upon Yahoo taking the lead in this and not his family. If that's not accurate, please address those concerns to the media and not me as they are ones reporting the stories that I'm reading.

Not attempting to insult anybody; but I also don't see where attacking me for pointing out logical inconsistencies does anything to assist in this matter.

Justalittlebox, thanks for joining us and giving us in insight. From what I am reading (correct me if i'm wrong) he was last need at a New Years Eve party, then took a car service home? Have them been contacted/questioned that he actually went home? What time did he leave the party? The last picture on his tweet acct was taken New Years eve but posted at 4:40pm on 1/1/14? Did anyone see him around that time? We don't know if he was the person who posted that picture, IMO. Was his personal laptop found at his apt? Wallet? Keys? Did he mention any plans for 1/1/14? He he seeing anyone? Any upcoming events he has planned?

As for the firework picture, I see nothing off about that, it was the finale of the fireworks IMO.

Sorry for the questions, trying to wrap my head around what possible reasons why this man is missing. TIA

On one side of Embarcadero West there's a fence blocking access to BART tracks, so he'd have to walk to the walkway to get to Jack London Square (very bad idea) or he could've walked on the SF Bay Trail. Years ago we went to Cirque de Soleil in Oakland near JLS - what a dump & scary. Rolled up the windows, locked the doors & beat it home.

With no further info, like what friends lived where, what was he doing out so late it's impossible to get a handle on what became of him. My feeble advice is to walk the entire area with a destination in mind, like an open store or maybe he took BART to the city. I think BART ran all night. Many stops in SF - impossible to point to any one of them.

I think the twitter posting of the photo is wrong because when I looked it was not 4 something, it was the time twitter says 11:55pm... weird? Maybe someone forgot to account for time changes which still wouldn't really account for that time difference? Last thing I saw was him saying ok on twitter at 1:42pm. Then the search looked like it started around maybe around 6pm or so by his friends on twitter? His friends seemed really worried about him really fast on twitter, so I thought that was a little strange. Maybe he was supposed to be at work that night or meet with someone? Someone says "don't do it" on twitter to him, what was that about? Did it get started because of something he said? Or did he run off in an argument?

Oh dear! Such an intelligent young man. I hope he comes home soon!!! It's almost been a month now.

This makes me sad sad sad. Reminds me of a family member of mine in a lot of ways, so I take him missing personal. I pray for his safe return.

I wonder if Luke would've been privy to any type of secret/classified info at Yahoo? With him being a software programmer, is it possible that he could've possessed info someone wanted (abducted in an attempt to glean info from him)?

Sent From Tapatalk

It's been nearly a month. Has the PI found anything? Why isn't LE helping? I get that he's an adukt, but after a month of no sign if him, I think time has long passed for LE to freaking do something already!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back