Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good points... they were probably looking for an alive child. But sheesh even then wouldn't you check a dumpster? I mean kids have been known to get trapped in those, or abandoned refrigerators, etc. (not criticizing you or even the search, I just still can't believe it wasn't checked sooner). Thank goodness she was found before it was picked up.

I wonder if it was initially looked at? Just sort of open the lid and peek in to make sure she wasn't stuck in there. From what I remember LE said (at the presser) that her body was concealed in some way. I don't get why the dogs didn't go up to the boys apartment or to the garage/trash area though. Maybe the complex was just too saturated with her scent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda get it, though. Running around trying to look everywhere (including probably the Boardwalk) to find a mobile kid on a scooter...now if the scooter was laying in the bushes somewhere....maybe they would start thinking the worst, and look in dumpsters more thoroughly. I think they were just looking for a lost kid at first. jmo.

My question is: did they find her the same night she went missing or 24 hours later?? (forgive me-I cant remember, having huge puter issues right now.)

It was more than 24 hours later when her body was finally found. Missing Sunday night. Found deceased Monday night.

Last night I happened to click on a link that had a live news feed from a local station. It showed footage they had recorded earlier that showed police quickly running towards the area where her body was found and somewhat frantically putting up crime scene tape. I think they were yelling at people to get back. Did anyone else happen to see this? It's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

Also, I was looking at a photo and wondering if the building in the background is where her body was? Or is that a different building? If it's the same, it looks like they haven't put up crime scene tape or pushed anyone back yet.

Photo is here...(I don't know how to embed it.) Down about half way...the photo where the suspect is blurred out and some onlookers seem a bit shocked...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pster-15-Year-Old-Boy-Arrested-318858701.html

Yes that is the same building. Capt. Vogel said he was arrested right there because he was watching.

And this should be the video you are looking for
http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

Did he strangle Maddy with a yoyo / use the yoyo as a garrote?

I thought about that...horrifying! But I am going to say no, because that would have produced a very bloody crime scene and I don't think he would have been able to hide that. He would have been covered, too. I wish I didn't have that image in my brain...but I just tell myself it didn't happen that way.

I wonder if it was initially looked at? Just sort of open the lid and peek in to make sure she wasn't stuck in there. From what I remember LE said (at the presser) that her body was concealed in some way. I don't get why the dogs didn't go up to the boys apartment or to the garage/trash area though. Maybe the complex was just too saturated with her scent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read and/or heard from the presser that the dumpster was originally searched. I imagine much like you described. Please don't ask me for a link, it is late and I am so tired. But I have a court transcript I want to get through before I go to bed - and my eyes need occasional breaks so I am checking in here.

But I do believe that was stated. Somewhere.

Last night I happened to click on a link that had a live news feed from a local station. It showed footage they had recorded earlier that showed police quickly running towards the area where her body was found and somewhat frantically putting up crime scene tape. I think they were yelling at people to get back. Did anyone else happen to see this? It's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

Also, I was looking at a photo and wondering if the building in the background is where her body was? Or is that a different building? If it's the same, it looks like they haven't put up crime scene tape or pushed anyone back yet.

Photo is here...(I don't know how to embed it.) Down about half way...the photo where the suspect is blurred out and some onlookers seem a bit shocked...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...pster-15-Year-Old-Boy-Arrested-318858701.html
The scene you're remembering was on a KRON special live coverage broadcast.

I kinda get it, though. Running around trying to look everywhere (including probably the Boardwalk) to find a mobile kid on a scooter...now if the scooter was laying in the bushes somewhere....maybe they would start thinking the worst, and look in dumpsters more thoroughly. I think they were just looking for a lost kid at first. jmo.

My question is: did they find her the same night she went missing or 24 hours later?? (forgive me-I cant remember, having huge puter issues right now.)
A little more than 24 hours later, like 27-28 hours from Sunday late afternoon.

I'm Praying for the parents of Madyson. I can't even imagine. Just so so awful. Then he says he wanted to see how people would react?! What in the world!!!?? I sure hope he's tried as an adult. How people would react!!???

WHO said they wanted to see how people would react? I must have missed an update?

Yes that is the same building. Capt. Vogel said he was arrested right there because he was watching.

And this should be the video you are looking for
http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

Nope, it's not there. I think it was actually something filmed right before this. Same station though, I think. I wonder if they pulled it for some reason. But it actually showed LE being a bit frantic and putting up take quickly in front the the red door area. The footage was very quick. People were still milling about right near the red doors. I think it must have been right after the boy was cuffed in that photo above. They were yelling at people to get back, I think.

Wow interesting...how did the perp figure he could get away with luring and murdering Maddy? In this video you can see there are signs posted that surveillance cameras are present. Seriously, was he that naive or was there some way he could have tampered with the camera prior? Did he think this was some crazy game he was playing and wanted to get caught? I guess his excuse was thoughts of suicide and seeing someone die but he obviously didn't seem to concerned with being caught. If he was serious about suicide, wouldn't we suspect he would have done just that some time after killing Maddy? It was like some sick game to him to follow LE around, watching them carry out their investigation as if it was a warped game of hide and seek. MOO.

http://kron4.com/2015/07/28/missing-santa-cruz-girl-was-raped-and-strangled-sources-say/

Nope, it's not there. I think it was actually something filmed right before this. Same station though, I think. I wonder if they pulled it for some reason. But it actually showed LE being a bit frantic and putting up take quickly in front the the red door area. The footage was very quick. People were still milling about right near the red doors. I think it must have been right after the boy was cuffed in that photo above. They were yelling at people to get back, I think.

Yeah, that is probably gone. It was on the live broadcast and that isn't archived. I mean, the station has it. This 28 minute video is taken from that, I think. Or it was a live report that lasted the whole 30 minutes or whatever.

I tried looking for that too...because I wasn't watching live at the time, and came in a few minutes later. I started scrambling and the only thing I could ever come up with was that link. Please excuse my ramblings if they don't make sense. I have 40 more pages of that transcript to get through. I will make it!

I thought about that...horrifying! But I am going to say no, because that would have produced a very bloody crime scene and I don't think he would have been able to hide that. He would have been covered, too. I wish I didn't have that image in my brain...but I just tell myself it didn't happen that way.
"It was a secondary and a more thorough canvas of the area that revealed Maddy's body," Vogel said.
Of the discovery of her body, Vogel said, "It was horrific; it was horrible."

http://abc7news.com/news/body-believed-to-be-missing-girl-found-in-dumpster/888262/

Lightning quick results on COD and confirmation of SA...

Well, I tried to post a second ago and I don't know where it went. Anyway, the green shirt guy has been named in MSM. The white haired lady runs an summer art camp for children at the Tannery. (There's a FB page and a website for this camp.) It appears that the suspect had been a "junior counselor" or helper at said camp. I can see why it would be easy to get Maddy to go with him. All the adults around her trusted him. :(

I had seen footage like that from KRON---with a black female reporter---and in the background it was all nuts like that and the reporter was surprised that she was watching it all going down---she was not going to say yet that they found a body, but she kept tpointing to the crime tape going up, and the cops were telling her to move further away from the scene, and you could hear the suspects mother screaming , and people crowding around her...

I went to that old link and it has been updated. I think they might have taken the raw footage down maybe?

Could it be this one:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/

Click on title: Search for Missing Santa Cruz Girl Ends Tragically

(look at around 1:20 into the video)

I think with all the cases we follow here on WS, our first thought when someone is missing is "check the dumpster".

It does surprise me that there is a video of him placing the body in the dumpster five minutes before her mother called the police. Why during the almost 24 hour search didn't an officer check that video a lot sooner than it was checked? Well for that matter, check all videos on site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman