CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 72 Hours | Gun Violence Archive

Here’s a link to the site. It’s main page follows the last 72 hours live, but there is a section where you can pull reports of all kinds from the last few years. Police related shootings, accidental, age groups, etc. it’s extremely thorough and a great resource for this type of sleuthing.

Really? I don't think I knew about this...

Good stuff, gitana. Do we know the caliber of the slug of the 1/7/17 incident and the type of bullet of the 6/18/18? Tia.

"At least two cars have been hit by gunfire in recent months in Malibu Canyon, near where Beaudette was killed."
*this is so NOCOish, it's killing me...(right, Hatfield?)
'No Evidence' Linking Campground Shooting to Other Crimes
Crazy thought, but what if it's our NOCO vehicle shooter...chances are slim, but man you never know...(see signature for reference for those who don't know about NOCO.
It

I don’t have the time at the moment to do this myself, but has anyone tried looking up the other shootings at gunviolencearchive.org? They have records of all gun related incidents reported by law enforcement agencies dating back the last few years. Would be interesting to see if there are more details on the known dates of other reported shootings in the area, as well as any reports from the area that might include non shooting offenses (like weapons possession,etc). worth a dive.

I don't have time either but thank you so much for that find! Can anyone help?

So, do we think the shooter is on foot or in a vehicle? Tia.

Have they run dogs? Just a thought, maybe some creepo living up in the canyon. We have creepos living in the woods/ mountains here, moo. I would think they have thoroughly searched up there. I wonder if an aerial assessment has been made. Perhaps thermal detection?

Malibu Creek State Park slaying probe will look back to 7 past shootings

Attachments

• 3623a682-b4c4-4297-8020-d5ff5072d9ba-large16x9_AP18180694613886.jpg
    3623a682-b4c4-4297-8020-d5ff5072d9ba-large16x9_AP18180694613886.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The post by Carbuff of the google drive through the area shows it was "packed" with vehicles lining the road.

That can cause tension for residents who dislike the traffic, noise, congestion.

I wonder if there is an area resident who has made numerous complaints to LE about traffic and/or petty stuff about neighbors. That kind of person would be a stickler for "rules" I think, and may have standing "feuds" with neighbors over things like fences, animals, use of easements, use of property, parties/noise.

Just my SUPER amateur profiling.

But I wonder if investigators are looking around for such people.

ScorpioRising, can you find the other shootings that we don't know much about, on that site?

BBM, my thoughts exactly. thank you, Gitana!

ScorpioRising, can you find the other shootings that we don't know much about, on that site?

Unfortunately the longest you can go back is December 2017 at the moment (Meaning 6 months back maximum). It should show the January incident of the couple though and it doesn't. So either it wasn't reported to LE or it's due to different jurisdiction?

Somebody upthread mentioned gut feelings.

The knot in my gut says he was stalked by somebody who had learned his personal habits by following him around, maybe his social media and online presence. Not family and probably not a colleague.

Probably somebody with a grudge.

Possibly a neighboring property owner, as mentioned above, who picked him as a random representative of the kind of people he doesn't like. Stalking might have been a matter of a few hours but I think more likely weeks or even months, biding time for the right opportunity.

Very, very evil.

I don’t have the time at the moment to do this myself, but has anyone tried looking up the other shootings at gunviolencearchive.org? They have records of all gun related incidents reported by law enforcement agencies dating back the last few years. Would be interesting to see if there are more details on the known dates of other reported shootings in the area, as well as any reports from the area that might include non shooting offenses (like weapons possession,etc). worth a dive.

I am supposed to be working!!! But I had to take a look. It's hard to figure out how to do at first. You have to go to Past Suumary ledgers, click on total numbers of incidents and then begin narrowing the search.

I tried 2016 and could not find the 11-9-16 incident:

Search Results (Incidents) | Gun Violence Archive

Bringing forward Forager's amazing spreadsheet again on vehicle shootings created in NOCO by WS member Forager re: cars/vehicles shot at nationwide.

BIG KUDOS to Forager for an amazing amount of time and effort he put into this. Upon a quick scan I see some CA incidents...please note this spreadsheet was created a few years back so will not contain recent incidents.

CO shootings

so, this is going nowhere as well. so very sad.

So, do we think the shooter is on foot or in a vehicle? Tia.

Have they run dogs? Just a thought, maybe some creepo living up in the canyon. We have creepos living in the woods/ mountains here, moo. I would think they have thoroughly searched up there. I wonder if an aerial assessment has been made. Perhaps thermal detection?

Malibu Creek State Park slaying probe will look back to 7 past shootings

I think he or she (probably a he) parks a car near the site and then runs trails to where they shoot. So they've got to be someone who knows the area super well.

I think that because of the location of the shootings and how no one hears a car taking off (that we know of so far). The shooting of TB was well in the park. If someone had driven in, I think people would hear someone driving out at that early hour if they drove close to the scene.

Also, how trails loop around between the Tapia Park parking lot and the Malibu Creek park camping sites.

So, imo we need to be scouring the internet for reports of shootings at other state parks, esp.in SoCal, maybe even NoCal, Oregon...Speaking from experience these reports/incidents could be quite buried. Also, keep looking at vehicle shootings (which will probably be a needle in a haystack considering gang violence, etc.)

so, this is going nowhere as well. so very sad.

It took years to arrest CP for the murder of WC in the NOCO shootings, and 2 other shootings still have not been linked to him, as well as all the vehicle shootings/window shatterings.. We had a full task force comprised of various agencies (some so secret they couldn't name lol). I hope it doesn't take that long for there to be arrest here. I'm noting the word "random" still has not been confrmed by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13