CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your theory is 'targeted', can you clarify what you think is the target - TB specifically or the park/campground?

Scenario A: The shooter walked in to murder TB to the exclusion of all other campers.

Scenario B: The shooter was taking action against the park and/or campground. TB was one possible target among many and it didn't matter who specifically got shot.

Where this gets interesting is with respect to the other shootings.

In Scenario A, the shooter would be a one-time shooter who came to the campground solely for the purpose of killing TB. Thus, the shooter would not be responsible for any of the other shooting incidents in the park or in the area. This would be a stand-alone shooting in the park, not related to the other incidents.

Evidence for this? Witnesses reported 4-6 shots, saying it sounded like a handgun or small caliber weapon (Roadtripper on here and others). This would not be a shotgun which was the weapon used in the MT and JR shootings.

However, if you like this scenario, you also have to be okay with the coincidence that a gun homicide happened at a park/campground with a history of recent unrelated shooting incidents.

In Scenario B, the shooter is someone who has a grievance of some sort with the park, the campground or both. The park/campground is 'targeted', although it's place-specific not person-specific.

Evidence for? A series of shootings in the park area, including attacks on campers (one in the campground and one rough camper). A shotgun was used in both the JR and MT attacks, although LE has never said whether it was the same weapon.

In this case, the shooter shot into a tent without knowing the outcome or who was in the tent, although when one fires multiple rounds into a tent with people sleeping in it, murder must be considered as a possible outcome.

Scenario B would tend to link the incidents as perpetrated by a shooter who became increasingly bold and aggressive in taking action against the park/campground. The murder of TB was the latest progression.

If scenario B was the case I feel like the shooter would have shot more than just one tent. I personally feel like TB (or the man who was originally staying in his campsite) was targeted for some reason.

If your theory is 'targeted', can you clarify what you think is the target - TB specifically or the park/campground?

Scenario A: The shooter walked in to murder TB to the exclusion of all other campers.

Scenario B: The shooter was taking action against the park and/or campground. TB was one possible target among many and it didn't matter who specifically got shot.

Where this gets interesting is with respect to the other shootings.

In Scenario A, the shooter would be a one-time shooter who came to the campground solely for the purpose of killing TB. Thus, the shooter would not be responsible for any of the other shooting incidents in the park or in the area. This would be a stand-alone shooting in the park, not related to the other incidents.

Evidence for this? Witnesses reported 4-6 shots, saying it sounded like a handgun or small caliber weapon (Roadtripper on here and others). This would not be a shotgun which was the weapon used in the MT and JR shootings.

However, if you like this scenario, you also have to be okay with the coincidence that a gun homicide happened at a park/campground with a history of recent unrelated shooting incidents.

In Scenario B, the shooter is someone who has a grievance of some sort with the park, the campground or both. The park/campground is 'targeted', although it's place-specific not person-specific.

Evidence for? A series of shootings in the park area, including attacks on campers (one in the campground and one rough camper). A shotgun was used in both the JR and MT attacks, although LE has never said whether it was the same weapon.

In this case, the shooter shot into a tent without knowing the outcome or who was in the tent, although when one fires multiple rounds into a tent with people sleeping in it, murder must be considered as a possible outcome.

Scenario B would tend to link the incidents as perpetrated by a shooter who became increasingly bold and aggressive in taking action against the park/campground. The murder of TB was the latest progression.

RBBM

Scenario A--targeted. (Is it just me who thinks, wow, in the dark of night, a head shot into the one adult person in a tent with three people inside? Granted, a finite space, and small girls, but it feels like the shooter was either skilled or lucky to have not hit one of the daughters. And that doesn't sound right, I mean it feels worse somehow for one of the girls to have been hit.)

And if targeted, I don't think it was coincidence for Tristan to be in that particular park. Maybe someone gently suggested (read: manipulated) this choice of camping places. A random shooting would be a great cover for a murder in an area where there had been several random shootings in the past.

My cynical side says maybe the camper dad who suddenly vacated the spot Tristan moved into was a placeholder--saving that particular campsite until he was sure Tristan would be taking it. Yes, I've probably read too many mystery\detective novels.

Or, as SusieQ and others have said, the target might have been that camper dad who suddenly vacated the spot and left the campground. Or, maybe his intuition or subconscious just picked up on something off about the area, about the campground, about that campsite itself, and he heeded those feelings. Or, his son became ill and so they left.

Figmutant previously shared that the campsite earlier in the day was occupied by a father and his son. They suddenly up and left. The father claims his son was ill. Then Tristen moved into his spot. It's on my mind that this could have been a case of a targeted shooting and mistaken identity.

SuzieQ, thank you for reminding me about this, as it seems a bigger coincidence than anything else (suddenly leaving and a man being murdered in that very spot that very night).

Figmutant previously shared that the campsite earlier in the day was occupied by a father and his son. They suddenly up and left. The father claims his son was ill. Then Tristen moved into his spot. It's on my mind that this could have been a case of a oshooting and mistaken identity.
I think this is coincidental. The guy who moved earlier is the luckiest man alive.

Figmutant previously shared that the campsite earlier in the day was occupied by a father and his son. They suddenly up and left. The father claims his son was ill. Then Tristen moved into his spot. It's on my mind that this could have been a case of a targeted shooting and mistaken identity.

That's an interesting possibility, if true.

Something hinky here. A drug buy gone wrong, possibly? How does a 21 year old have a slick BMW?
Possibilities, any or all or a combination of:
Wealthy parents.
A good paying job.
A giant car loan.

It's not unusual for a 21yo to have an expensive car, especially one who lives in an area that places a lot of value on what one drives.

Re: Matthew Weaver

This is interesting for sure:

At 12 midnight August 11th at approximately, a witness called 911 after hearing a cry for help – screams near Stunt and Shueren Road where Matthew Jr.’s grey BMW was found.

First responders arrived shortly after at approximately 3 a.m., and at least two of them, a member of the CHP and of the Fire Department, also heard screams/cry for help.

Lost Hills Sheriff Department and Search and Rescue responded to the scene with air and canine support as well as infrared technology. According to Matthew Sr., canines did pick up a scent but lost it before they reached the road.

Matthew’s last SnapChat was in this general location on August 10th, a Friday

Previously, this missing persons case was positioned as more of a suicide/mental health thing. Guy drives to overlook and abandons car. This happens in the area. But someone screaming for help? That's a very different story.

This happened maybe 8-10 miles away from Malibu Creek SP - less as the crow flies but you're winding through canyons here.

But what these incidents have in common is the Lost Hills LASD station. In each 'incident', LASD has chosen to give out no information to the public, not even when that information could help gather more useful information.

Re: Matthew Weaver

This is interesting for sure:

Previously, this missing persons case was positioned as more of a suicide/mental health thing. Guy drives to overlook and abandons car. This happens in the area. But someone screaming for help? That's a very different story.

This happened maybe 8-10 miles away from Malibu Creek SP - less as the crow flies but you're winding through canyons here.

But what these incidents have in common is the Lost Hills LASD station. In each 'incident', LASD has chosen to give out no information to the public, not even when that information could help gather more useful information.
That is definitely interesting. Is there a thread for him here at WS?

There was another body found in Topanga State Park in July.

Body Found in Topanga State Park Positively ID'd as 26 Year-Old Missing Woman: LAPD

Maggie Dykshorn was found deceased about 20 yards off a trail near Trippet Ranch hiking area Monday, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. She had been reported missing earlier in the day.

Her vehicle was discovered in the trailhead parking lot, not far from where her body was located, investigators said.

Foul play was not suspected, according to LAPD Officer Jeff Lee.

A cause of death was not immediately released, but detectives earlier indicated she may have suffered a medical condition, possibly something heat-related.

According to the coroner's report, the deceased was 24 years old. Death ruled 'accidental' and cause listed as 'environmental heat stress'.

As a veteran happy camper, it is not unusual for campers to occupy recently vacated sites. Location is everything when it comes to setting up camp. The Weaver thing is red herring - no parallels. I suspect the killer stood immediately outside the rear of the tent, and viewed in thru a window to place the shots

This is the same area Mitrice R. Lost her life. Same police station.

I'm sorry but I do think there could be a connection between the camper leaving early and Tristan moving in later.
Pointing a gun in a dark tent would not identify the target!

I always thought Tristan and his bio had early reservations since they were side by side campsites.

This is the same area Mitrice R. Lost her life. Same police station.

I'm sorry but I do think there could be a connection between the camper leaving early and Tristan moving in later.
Pointing a gun in a dark tent would not identify the target!

I always thought Tristan and his bio had early reservations since they were side by side campsites.

I agree that making early reservations would seem likely for any group desiring adjacent sites in a popular campground that is known to be fully occupied on many dates. However I am still confused as to whether the trip was planned in advance, and if so how far in advance, by TB and his brother in law. Some news stories make it sound as though TB spontaneously decided to take the girls camping to allow his wife quiet study time, which makes me wonder how they got the sites next to each other. Do we know if the extended family regularly went camping together? Maybe the BIL made reservations for a couple of campsites well in advance, and extended a loose invitation to family/camping buddies to join him and his own children for a group camping weekend if they could, and TB eventually took him up on it when he realized his wife could use some uninterrupted prep time for her exam?

It's surely a mystery. I'm happy to have found folks to discuss this with! I have only read about it over on the fb group page for Tristan. One in particular seems to think this happened to him because of his work on virus and immunizations.

I'm not real sure about that.

Tristan and his two little girls were most likely close so he could feel if one moved or attempted to get up during the night. That's how I would be. Somebody had to be really up close and fearless to shoot a man in the head and escape with nobody seeing anything.

To me, it looks like Tristan and his Brother in Law were occupying the same site. Most campgrounds allow multiple tents to be set up on one site. I would think they had advance reservations given the popularity of the campground and the fact it was the weekend.Camping with very small children is not a last minute decision. All this talk of being targeted because of work on vaccinations is just tin foil hat pablum.
Same people who say vaccinations cause autism. Killer prolly chose that site because it offered him the easiest way to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7