CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1000, I wonder if this case will continue at this rate, under a week to get here, or will drag on unsolved, and eventually fade from sight.

Either way sad, sad.

And another option is that they end up reopening the campsite and in a month or a year the shootings start up again, risking another person's life. Don't want that to happen either.

Do people hunt birds in the dark though? I don't know how that works. I mean I think people might start getting where they want to be at that's time but how could you see a bird?

But there's no hunting there. Not anywhere near there.

There are rangers though and campers. People who would hear if someone is letting off guns by the road.

The biologist says he was 200 yards from the road when hit. Do people typically hunt near roads with traffic?

If this was hunting country or even if I could find one report indicating there's ever been poaching around there, I would totally think that could be a hunting accident.

As it stands, what are we up to, 7 additional "random" shootings in the area? Three shootings altogether of or toward sleeping people in pre-dawn hours.

I don't recall the name of the person who told the story of the neighbor with schizophrenia who was going into a culvert to shoot at cars (maybe Tbone?). With the paucity of information about the TB shooting compared to the other shootings, that example feels to me like the closest, and someone previously shooting at cars to see what happens, to see if anyone reacts immediately and if not that the next day they're going to find bullet/pellet holds in their car...and then ramping up to trying the same thing with a tent as the target.

But I'd be hesitant to put the shooting of TB into this category as I don't have the instinct for the ammo, gun, and distance. If the shot came from 25 feet away then I think the campers are going to be more likely to notice and to hear sounds of the shooter retreating. In the quiet of dawn I think that might be the case even for 100 feet away. Go up to 250-500ft and I think it's more likely that the sound of the shot will reverberate around the hills...but that seems like a big difference compared to some of those bird shot cases.

1434748324949.gif

Link to new thread:
CA-Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky